IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Execution of ballasted track linking including supply of ballast and installation of turnouts, Expansion Joints (EJ), Insulated Joints (IJ) (Major Track materials i.e. JIS Rails, sleepers, turnouts, EJs, IJs etc. shall be provided by IRCON for free of cost) as per Employer’s Requirements at (i) Surat Depot, (ii) Billimora safety confirmation car base on viaduct and (iii) Maintenance Depots (Vapi, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara) for ballasted section in between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with the construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/3026/MAHSR/T2/e-Tender/Track linking-BST/01
- Name of Work: Execution of ballasted track linking including supply of ballast and installation of turnouts, Expansion Joints (EJ), Insulated Joints (IJ) (Major Track materials i.e. JIS Rails, sleepers, turnouts, EJs, IJs etc. shall be provided by IRCON for free of cost) as per Employer’s Requirements at (i) Surat Depot, (ii) Billimora safety confirmation car base on viaduct and (iii) Maintenance Depots (Vapi, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara) for ballasted section in between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with the construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 6,73,76,655.40/-
- EMD: INR 7,73,800/-
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 08th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04th Sep, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 17th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 28th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 04th Sep, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 05th Sep, 2023
Scope of Work:
- Proposed work broadly comprises of but not limited to works for Execution of Ballasted Track linking (Major materials i.e. Rails, Sleepers, Turnouts, EJs, IJs etc. shall be provided by IRCON for free of cost.) as per Employer’s Requirements at (i) Surat Depot, (ii) Billimora Safety Confirmation Car Base on viaduct and (iii) Maintenance Depots (Vapi, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara) for Ballasted Section in between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR km 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR km 393.700) in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli in connection with the Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project” with detailed scope defined in this document.
- The Contractor shall work out the requirement of manpower and machineries coping with the scope of work to be completed within the targeted period and accordingly ensure deployment of those manpower and machineries. However, for timely achievement of the milestones, the contractor shall accordingly mobilise additional resources.
- The Contractor(s) is expected to use the latest technology and machinery and achieve the most efficient and best quality finished construction.
Various elements involved in this work are broadly indicated below for guidance:
- Supply, Stacking and Spreading of machine crushed Track Ballast conforming to RDSO Specifications.
- Ballasted Track Linking in Maintenance Depots, SCC Depot on viaduct, connecting lines, Safety lines, buffer stop sections and Level Crossings etc. Track Linking shall be carried out as per the methodology approved by the Engineer.
- Assembly and Laying of Turnouts, Expansion Joints and Insulated Joints etc. in the Maintenance Depots/Yards.
- Carrying out Tamping and Packing of Ballast using a hand held Tamping Machine.
- Supply of Fish Plates with fittings as per the specification.
- Carrying out de-stressing of Track at distressing temperature, using Rail Tensors, duly loosening the Rails, Turnouts, Crossovers, Expansion joints etc., by keeping them on rollers, moving the Rails & gently tapping with wooden hammers, cutting the extra length of Rails, grinding the sides and making them ready for Electric Arc Welding to be carried out by IRCON, fixing the Track with all Fastenings, greasing of joints etc., complete and aligning the Track to required Final Profile.
- Supply of H-shaped Steel Girders along with stiffeners (175 x 175 x 7.5 x 11 in mm.) of required lengths for Daily inspection tracks and SCC Sheds in Depot and Maintenance Depots and installation of the H-beam with all required anchor bolts, fasteners, plates etc. as per the approved drawings and specifications in Solid-Bed Track.
- Fixing of H Beam with anchor bolts using non-shrink mortar & placing the same in pedestal type concrete in pit lines, Maintenance Car shed track, SCC Shed Track, Wheel reprofiling Track etc.,
- Linking and Laying of Solid Bed Track with 50 Kg N Rail Section over concrete road bed in Maintenance Car Shed Track, Safety Car Conformation Shed Track in Maintenance Depots and in Wheel Re Profiling Track and Daily Inspection Track in Surat Depot.
- This item also includes preparation & casting of Concrete Bed & Grouting as per approved drawings and specifications with Contractors own machinery, labour tools & tackles, equipment, fuel, trolley, miscellaneous arrangements etc., complete as directed by IRCON.
- All the released material shall be handed over to IRCON to designated stores.
- Providing & Fixing Level Crossing as per Drawings and Specifications (Rails, Sleepers & its Fastenings shall be provided by IRCON) with Fabrication & fixing of Check Rails with all its accessories and as per the instructions of Engineer in Charge.
- Erecting Gradient Post, Kilometre Post, Curve Post /Runoff Post of various intervals of Per Km., Per 500 m, per 100 m, per 10 m etc., fixing the post in cement concrete foundation as per drawing with cement concrete mortar mix using 20mm hard aggregate, as directed by the engineer in charge.
- Supply and fixing in position precast cement concrete Fouling Mark as per approved drawing at station yard, duly painting the top surface and slopes with white enamel paint in two coats and inscribed letters with black of Fouling Mark, complete in all respects with all labours etc.
- Loading of all Materials & Machinery in Depot & on Viaduct Viz., Rails, Turnouts, Crossovers, Expansion Joints, IJ’s, Synthetic Sleepers, Fastenings, FBW Machine, with necessary Cranes, Trailers, Tools & Equipments, Manpower etc., complete as per work requirement.
- Flash Butt Welding (FBW) of JIS 50 Kg Grade, 25 m Rails in Depot using FBW Machine provided by IRCON or arranged by Contractor. Lifting & Shifting of FBW machines at various Depot locations.
- Grinding and Preparing of Rails prior to welding and Grinding of Welded Rail joints in 04 Stages (Rough & Final) as per approved Methodology & Specifications with all Grinders, Stones, Tools & Equipments etc., complete.
- IRCON’s Surveyor shall provide centre line marking of Temporary track to be laid on RC Bed. However, the Track Contractor shall maintain and fix the track alignment based on the centre line provided.
- Facilitating Testing of FBW Joints as per frequency by forming test joints and arranging sending them to the approved laboratory. Cost of testing shall be borne by IRCON.
- Marking of Rail Weld Joints with approved methodology and Specifications fixing using strips.
- Carrying out USFD Testing of Welded Joints as per approved Methodology & Specifications and submitting the Reports.
- All defective and rejected joints shall be cut out, replaced with a Rail not less than 6 m in length, and joints re-welded including USFD Testing at Contractor’s expense. No payment shall be made for the extra joint and for the extra Rail.
- Moreover, the cost of extra Rail used shall be recovered in such cases @ 4 times procurement cost.
- Maintaining Joint Inventory with IRCON for all Track materials issued to contractor & consumed at work site (i.e., Rails, TO/CO/EJ/IJ, Sleepers, Track Fittings etc.).
- Any other work required for completion of the work under this contract as per direction of Engineer-in-charge. The details of works are indicated elsewhere in the tender documents/drawings. The scope described here is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed as inclusive of all items to be executed for its completion as per Specifications and Drawings.
- Site Clearance, Disposal of all Materials, Waste etc., from the Viaduct/Work Space shall be carried out frequently and the Viaduct shall be kept Clean during execution.
- Payable items are provided in the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and any other enabling/temporary works required to be carried out for the eventful completion of the proposed High-Speed Track are deemed to have been included in the rates quoted for the payable items in the BOQ.
- No claims of whatever nature shall be entertained for any item of enabling/temporary works including supply of necessary materials, tools & plants not specifically covered in this scope of work and in the bill of quantities.
- Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for Construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the engineer. Safety board’s duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be displayed for information of workers so that they do not enter restricted premises. The quoted rates are deemed to include the cost of all such bands, ribbons, gadgets etc. and nothing extra shall be paid for such items.
- The Contractor shall organise, conduct & maintain required & Proper quality control test and records for day-to-day work on regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications. For execution of work the contractor has to follow Safety, Health & Environment Manual of IRCON and the approved quality Assurance program.
- The Engineers/Supervisors/ staff to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer/Employer. They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer or his representative.
- All facilities & equipment required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as survey instruments including Auto Level and Total Station, testing equipment, if required, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- The contractor shall submit free of cost all “As built drawings (in Hard copies and soft copies)” in appropriate size & sufficient number of copies, as directed by the Engineer.
- Vertical & Horizontal Clearance shall be maintained for corresponding construction/components of subject work, within/outside Railway/Construction limits for maintaining desired safety/construction requirements.
- Track Contractor shall Interface with Survey agencies engaged by IRCON and Other Civil/System Contractors while working on Viaduct/Tunnel and work shall be executed under close Coordination.
- Track Contractor shall maintain approach to site along the ROW wherever required and as per work requirements.
- Record maintenance and measurement of Track parameters shall be done as per Specifications and Contract requirements.
The followings Materials and Machines shall be provided by IRCON free of Cost:
- Rails (JIS 60 Kg & 50 Kg), Compromised Rails.
- PC Sleepers.
- Turnouts, Crossovers, Expansion Joints, Insulated Joints & Synthetic Sleepers.
- Various Track Fastening items for linking of permanent Track etc.
- RRV for on Track Secondary Welding
- Flash Butt Welding Machine.
- Contractor shall be responsible for operation/efficient utilisation of Machine including arranging requisite manpower, labour, fuel etc. and proper repair/regular maintenance on daily basis as per the standard practice.
- The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be any one of the following:
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost.
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost.
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost.
- Similar works shall mean the execution of Track work for Railway/Metro/High Speed/Semi High-Speed Projects in India or Abroad (Ballasted/Ballast Less Tracks.
- Experience in Key Activities/Specified Component: The Bidder should have completed the following Key Activities/Specified Component during the last 7 years in one contract or multiple contracts.
- Minimum length of 5 Track Km of Track Laying/Renewals including installation of Turnouts/Crossovers and Expansion Joints/Insulation Joints, either in Ballasted or Ballast Less Track.
- Minimum of 1000 Nos. of Joints of Flash Butt Welding (FBW) of 60Kg/52Kg Rails in Depot/On Track.
- Minimum Supply of 10,000 cum machine crushed Ballast conforming to RDSO standard.
- The average annual financial turnover during the last 3-years should be at least 30% of the Estimated value.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL