IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Design, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of passenger lift & escalators at Beohari & Bargawan Railway Stations in Katni-Singrauli doubling project of West Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2065/KSDP/Elect/FOB-Lift-Escalator/01
- Name of Work: Design, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of passenger lift & escalators at Beohari & Bargawan Railway Stations in Katni-Singrauli doubling project of West Central Railway.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 4,36,35,546/-
- EMD: INR 5,36,356/-
- Completion Period: 06 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 30th Oct, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 04th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 21st Nov, 2023
Scope of Works:
- The scope of work is given for reference purpose only. However, the contractor is fully responsible for working out quantities required for completion of the works and carrying out all required activities for successful completion of the contract. All works shall be carried out as per RDSO/CORE/Railway specification and standards.
- The major work involves Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Passenger Lift & Escalators at Beohari & Bargawan Railway Station in Katni Singrauli Doubling Project of West Central Railway.
- However, during the execution of work if any modification or additional work required for completion of the project as instructed by engineer, same shall also be carried out by contractor.
- The scope of work under this contract involves the provision of 1 nos. lift and 2 nos. escalators at Beohari Station and provision of 1 nos. lift and 2 nos. escalators at Bargawan Station of JBP division, as per General Arrangement Drawing of Foot Over Bridge. However, IRCON/Railway reserves the right to make any change in the location due to unavoidable circumstances.
- The works to be executed by this contract shall cover design, manufacturing, transporting till destination, safe custody at site, insurance, fixing/erection, testing, commissioning, training of IRCON/ Railway personnel and handing over of passenger lift and escalators including items of work forming part of or incidental to the execution of work as per General specifications.
- The scope also covers providing adequate shade on the top using canopy above the escalator, FOB extension, load bearing support pillars and the same shall be extended on the sides so as to offer protection to the escalator from sun and rain.
- Provision of pit/ notch required as per site condition for installation of escalator is also included in the scope of work. All associated civil works for provision and installation of lifts & escalators are also included in the scope of work.
- Escalators/Lift safety certificates from state authorities should be taken by the tenderer before commissioning/handing over of the Escalators/Lifts.
- The scope of work shall also include any and all work towards supplies and services for Completion of all works as described in Bill of Quantities, explanatory notes & specifications.
- The Contractor shall also execute all such works which, in the opinion of the Employer, are required to be executed for the successful completion of the work. All such works shall be deemed to have been included in the original scope of the tender.
- The contractor shall obtain necessary clearance for his staff/agents from Engineer-in-charge of Railway/IRCON. The contractor has to obtain necessary approvals/ clearances from Railway/ DISCOM/ state authorities, wherever required for successful completion of the work.
Supply of Materials by Employer/Engineer:
Contractor shall make his own arrangements at his cost for all materials required for execution, completion, and maintenance of all items of work included in his scope of work to the complete satisfaction of the Engineer.
Contractor is solely responsible for procurement and availability of any materials required for execution, completion and maintenance of works, however the employer/engineer may provide required assistance on a case to case basis.
The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be anyone of the following:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost.
Work shall be considered similar, if the executed works consists of the following:
- The firm should directly or through its authorised vendors have an experience of Design, Supply, Installation, and commissioning of passenger lift/escalator to Indian Railways, Metro Rail, Monorail, High Speed Rail or any other PSU/ Government agency.
- Bidder shall be Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or their authorised vendor of supply, installation, commissioning of lift/escalator. (In case of authorised vendor, tenderer should submit authorization certificate)
- The average annual financial turnover during the last 3-years should be at least 30% of the estimated cost.
The financial turnover shall mean Revenue from Operations of standalone Financial Statements of the Bidder.
Revenue from Operations shall be judged from Audited Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss A/c, relevant Notes to A/cs and Statutory Auditor Report/ relevant abstracts of Annual Reports covering above documents and the same shall be certified by statutory auditor with UDIN where the accounts are audited. In other cases, the same may be certified by a Chartered Accountant with UDIN.
In case the financials of immediate prior Financial Year have not yet been audited till the time of submission of the tender, the bidder can submit an Affidavit to this effect stating that “the financial results of the immediate prior Financial Year has actually not been audited so far”.
In such cases, the financials of preceding three audited financial years will be taken into consideration for evaluating the Annual Financial Turnover of the bidder. In the absence of such an Affidavit, the benefit of considering three preceding years would not be given and the bid would be evaluated considering turnover for two preceding years only.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway