IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Manufacturing, supplying, fabrication, erection and launching of Steel Girder for major bridge No. 34 (Old)/ 40 (New) (Span 4×30.5m Open Web Girder) over Kelo River at Ch 27519 m (near Pelma) on spur line between Bhalumuda (Km 13.375) and Gare Pelma (30.668) section in connection with the construction of New BG electrified railway line of East Corridor-I between Kharsia (Km-0) to Dharamjaigarh (Km 74.0) with a spur from Gharghoda to Gare Pelma in the State of Chhattisgarh over South East Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2059/CGRP/e-TENDER/23-24/KHS-DHARAM/BSP-62
- Name of Work: Manufacturing, supplying, fabrication, erection and launching of Steel Girder for major bridge No. 34 (Old)/ 40 (New) (Span 4×30.5m Open Web Girder) over Kelo River at Ch 27519 m (near Pelma) on spur line between Bhalumuda (Km 13.375) and Gare Pelma (30.668) section in connection with the construction of New BG electrified railway line of East Corridor-I between Kharsia (Km-0) to Dharamjaigarh (Km 74.0) with a spur from Gharghoda to Gare Pelma in the State of Chhattisgarh over South East Central Railway.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 5,94,49,800.44/- (with GST)
- EMD: INR 6,94,499/-
- Completion Period: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 31st July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21st Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 21st Aug, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 22nd Aug, 2023
- The project execution agreement (PEA) has been signed between CERL & IRCON for the construction of new BG double line electrified railway track from Kharsia to Dharamjaigarh (74 km.) with Spur line from Ghargoda to Gare-Pelma (28 km). The execution work for Road bed, Minor and Major Bridges for the entire section i.e. from Kharsia to Dharamjaigarh with spur line from Ghargoda to GarePelma for a total length of 102 Km is in progress under different packages.
- The construction work is at various stages of progress. Commissioning of Kharsia – Dharamjaigarh section has been done for goods traffic.
- IRCON intends to engage an experienced and resourceful agency who can carry out Manufacturing, Supplying, fabrication, erection and launching of Steel Girder for Major Bridge No. 34 (Old)/ 40 (New) (Span 4×30.5m Open Web Girder) over Kelo River at Ch 27519 m (near Pelma) on Spur line between Bhalumuda (Km 13.375) and Gare Pelma (30.668) section in connection with the construction of New BG Electrified Railway Line of East Corridor-I between Kharsia (Km-0) to Dharamjaigarh (Km-74.0) with a Spur from Gharghoda to Gare Pelma in the State of Chhattisgarh over South East Central Railway.
Scope of Work:
- The scope described here under is only indicative in nature and shall be deemed to include all items to be executed for its completion as per specifications and drawings.
Bridge No. 34 (Old)/ 40 (New)
27519 m (near Pelma)
- The contractor shall procure the approved latest drawings from RDSO and based on these approved drawings, contractor shall prepare a detailed fabrication drawings incorporating latest circulars/guidelines and get its proof checked from IIT/NIT and submit it to Engineer or RDSO for its approval. No separate payment shall be made for this and accepted rates shall be deemed to include this aspect.
- The contractor should prepare a Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) based on RDSO guidelines for fabrication of girders and get the same approved from the RDSO before proceeding with the work. Girders should be fabricated by a firm who has a full fledged fabrication workshop and should have valid certification of RDSO for fabrication of girders. Any other procedure will require approval of the Engineer.
- Checking approved General Arrangement Drawing (GAD) & all other relevant drawings for subject Bridge and do inform for necessary correction for incorporation through The Employer.
- Planning & executing the construction of all activities relevant to completion of Bridges duly complying with all requirements of RDSO, IRC, BIS and MoRTH specifications as applicable & as directed by Employer & desired by Railways, State Government, Local Authorities etc. In case of any modification in Drawings, The contractor shall obtain a corrected copy of Drawings in hard copy to follow at site.
- It is expected that the contractor selected based on the previous experience of executing the similar work/s is well acquainted with the extent of enabling/ temporary works required but not specifically indicated in the scope above and not covered for payment in the bill of quantities.
- The Contractor will arrange site clearing, required Dismantling etc. and submit the proposed plans for proposed construction. The limits of construction shall be cordoned by continuous barricades of approved design and drawings.
- The steel frame & plate barricade safety boards duly written with desired LOGO & safety slogans shall be provided continuous blocking for not intercepting the construction activities by plying traffic. Safety bands, Ribbons and other gadgets for Construction site & workmen shall be maintained as per scheme approved by the engineer.
- Construction of Temporary approach road/Diversion if required as per site condition for transportation of machineries, materials etc. to the site. The same has to be constructed by the agency at his own cost without any extra financial implication.
- The contractor shall submit Quantities with calculations for any item mandatory for execution, but not covered in subject contract by any means, along with its justification, analysis of rates (AOR) and detailed specifications for any/all such items for finalising rates & obtain instructions from the Engineer for its execution.
- Awaiting approval of Rates for any such item, the work will not be stopped at site. The AOR is to be prepared based on SECR SOR and/or MoRTH standard codes of practice, MoRTH Standard Data Book and/or as per instruction of the Engineer.
- The contractor shall submit a detailed construction delivery program for completion of proposed work along with schedule of matching resources deployment proposed within 7 days from issue of Letter of Acceptance (LOA).
- The contractor shall carry out construction of all components of Bridge based upon approved drawings, design & approved methodology, following codal provisions and requirements etc. for all safe & sound completion of the proposed Bridge by providing his own Manpower, Machineries, Materials etc. complete.
- The contractor shall complete all temporary works & arrangements etc. without claiming any extra cost as desired by the Engineer.
- Preparation and Submission of detailed fabrication drawings based upon the approved drawings issued by IRCON, Preparation of Methods Statements for the complete work and submission of the same to Consultant/IRCON/ Railway (SECR) for approval. Work has to be done as per the approved erection/launching scheme.
- Submission of an Inspection and testing plan for the inspection of girders and obtaining approval for the same from the Employer.
- Submission of assembly drawing including field riveting and/or welding and launching scheme with programme of girders at site including all plants and equipment, tools and plants, approach gantry and cantilever crane, safety plan and equipment and obtaining approval for the same from Employer/Engineer.
- Procurement of all types of nuts, bolts, rivets, welding, fixtures, paints etc as per the technical specifications from approved manufacturers required for the fabrication of girder as per the drawings provided by Employer.
- Fabrication of girders as per the approved design/drawings in supplier’s/contractor’s factory with cost of all materials including riveting, welding and bolts (joining members in workshop as well as at site during erection), labour, tools, tackles, machinery, jigs, fixtures etc.
- Providing anti-corrosive treatment to all the components of bridge girders as per RDSO guidelines (latest amendments), painting of all components of girders and as directed/approved by the engineer with contractor’s own material, labour, equipment, etc. required to complete work.
- Getting the girders inspected as per the approved inspection plan, from the inspecting agency appointed by RDSO including providing all facilities to the above agency (only for carrying out inspection) including provision of various gauges, instruments etc, for the same, without claiming any extra cost as desired by the Engineer.
- Assembly and detailed Girders launching scheme along with complete methodology at site including all equipment, tools and plants, approach gantry and cantilever crane, safety equipment & safety nets etc. as per approved methodology from the Engineer & the Railway/Engineers authorities.
- To organise, conduct & maintain required & proper quality control tests and records for day to day work on a regular basis. The contractor shall ensure that the work is executed conforming to the approved design, drawings and specifications.
- For the period for execution of proposed work, the contractor has to follow the quality Assurance, Safety, Health & Environment Manual / Specification (Sub-contracts) of IRCON. The Engineers to be deployed by the Contractor shall work under the direction of the Engineer-in-charge.
- They shall be bound to carry out all duties related with the work assigned by the Engineer-in-charge or his representative. All facilities & equipment required for proper construction & quality control during execution of entire work such as survey instruments including Total Station, testing equipment, laboratory facilities etc. shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- Wherever required, the contractor has to carry out accurate instrumental surveys to establish coordinate, layout and proper verification system at site.
- The work shall be carried out in terms of specifications of latest editions (and up-to date correction/amendment/errata) of IRS (Indian Railways Standards), IRC (Indian Road Congress) and BIS (Bureau of Indian Standard), RDSO & other relevant international codes, whatever/wherever applicable and as directed by the Employer/Client.
- Vertical & Horizontal Clearance shall be maintained for corresponding construction/components of subject Bridge, within/outside Railway/Construction limits for maintaining desired safety/construction requirements.
- The contractor shall submit free of cost all “As built drawings (in Hard copies and soft copies)” in appropriate size & sufficient number of copies, as directed by the Engineer.
- Load Deflection test of Steel Girder bridges as per RDSO/Railway Guideline: The scope of the work includes load deflection test of steel girder bridges as per RDSO guideline BS-128, October-2019 with latest amendments/ corrections.
- Storage of Material: All the material at site will have to be properly stacked & stored so as to facilitate inspection. The material should be properly protected from the detrimental effects of nature and fire, damage, theft etc.
- The contractor shall be responsible for watch & ward and any loss or deterioration on account of above shall lead to rejection of material and contractor has to replace the same at his own cost.
- The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be anyone of the following:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost amounting to Rs. 1,78,34,940.00
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost amounting to Rs. 2,37,79,920.00
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost amounting to Rs. 3,56,69,880.00
Similar Nature of works means:
- Work is considered similar if the work involves Supply & Fabrication and/or Erection & Launching of Steel girders bridge in Railways/Metros.”
- The bidder should have achieved during the last three years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) the minimum Quantity of the key construction activities in Railway/Metro Projects.
- Erection/Launching of at least one span of length 30.5m or Longer Open Web Girder in Railway/Metros Bridges.
- The minimum quantity of key construction activities mentioned in para 1(b) above may be covered under one contract or more than one contract.
- The quantities of key construction activities mentioned in para 1(b) above may be from completed/ongoing works.
- For the key construction activities mentioned in para 1(b) above proof of executed items of work shall be submitted by bidder duly issued by their client.
- The work completion certificates should clearly reflect quantities of Key construction activities.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR