IRCON International Limited has invited an online e-Tender for Complete renewal of track with 60kg Rails and PSC sleepers including P&C, D/S, SEJ along with other ancillary works during the traffic block between Maho to Anuradhapura of Sri Lanka Railways.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/TRACK/01/9046
- Name of Work: Complete renewal of track with 60kg Rails and PSC sleepers including P&C, D/S, SEJ along with other ancillary works during the traffic block between Maho to Anuradhapura of Sri Lanka Railways.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 19,29,11,692 /-
- EMD: INR 15,64,558/-
- Completion Period: 120 Days
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 17th Nov, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 08th Dec, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 02nd Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 08th Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 09th Dec, 2023
Scope of Works:
The scope of work under this contract involves Rehabilitation of the existing railway line between Maho & Anuradhapura. The Contractor shall provide all of the required labour, material, machinery and equipment and carry out the rehabilitation of railway track including nominated station yards.
The track from Maho to Anuradhapura will be closed for traffic for six months. All activities of this contract which are to be done under traffic block for rehabilitation of sections shall be completed within their respective period allotted for Track Linking works within the period of traffic block.
Formation & Civil works shall be done by another contractor. As formation work will be executed after dismantling of track during same period & time frame, agency executing track works should execute track works in line & scope arising in formation works & should coordinate with other contractors, specially executing Civil & formation works.
The Contractor’s scope of work also includes, but not limited to:
- Setting of infrastructures for the execution of Work.
- Understanding designed geometry & other features of the track to be laid in the entire section including station yards.
- Dismantling of Existing track with any sec. of Rail & any type of Sleepers Including P&C etc.
- Transportation & stacking of dismantled materials to nominated location between Maho to Anuradhapura, item wise separately.
- Handing over of dismantled materials to Sri Lanka Railways.
- Transporting/Leading of concrete sleepers of different types to the site of laying.
- Transporting/Leading of single/welded panels from stock & parking at the place of laying.
- Placing of concrete sleepers at correct spacing & centre line on formation on initial layer of ballast.
- Threading & placement of leaded rails on concrete sleepers.
- Fixing of complete fittings.
- Linking of complete track with manual packing including nominal lift.
- Installation of turnouts, SEJ on concrete sleepers, provision of derailing switches/Dead Ends.
- Provision of special sleepers on level crossings including provision of check rails etc.
- Making of temporary roads on LC for passage of road traffic.
- Making of three rail panels to LWR by flash butt welding on track for Conversion of track into LWR.
- Replacement of Wooden/PSC sleepers on bridges with new Wooden/PSC sleepers.
- Laying of bridge approach sleepers and provision of guard rails & flare ends at bridges.
- Loading, & unloading of Ballast from BHO’s.
- Ballast distribution & boxing.
- Manufacturing, Fabrication and fixing of Curves and LWR /SEJ’s Boards.
- Manufacturing, Fabrication and fixing of Creep Post/Reference post.
- Manufacturing, Fabrication and fixing of LC Whistle boards.
- Manufacturing, Fabrication and fixing of LC Warning boards.
- Distressing track.
- Maintenance & Operation of TTM, Unimat & BRM.
- Assisting in Trial run, testing and commissioning.
- All Cost towards Preliminaries, mobilisation and demobilisation, establishment and supervision for the execution of works, provision of various bank guarantees, insurance policies etc.
- All cost towards Registration in Sri Lanka
- All cost towards Visa and other fees, Corporate Taxes etc.
- Coordinating with other contractors.
The bidder should possess the experience of having successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be anyone of the following:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of the estimated cost i.e. $ 696,204.22
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of the estimated cost i.e. $ 928,272.30
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of the estimated cost i.e. $ 1,392,408.44
Works are considered similar if executed work involves: Complete Renewal of track with 60kg Rails & PSC sleepers including P&C, D/S, SEJ along with other ancillary works during Traffic Block in Indian Railway/Railway Projects in India/abroad” (These works shall include Linking of Plain Track, P&C, SEJ, LC, Linking on Bridges etc. along with FBW, Ballasting by BHO, TTM works, Distressing etc.)
The bidder should have achieved during the last three years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) the minimum Quantity of the key construction activities stipulated as per scope of the work.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): South East Central Railway