IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Arrow Associates Infrastructure Private Limited for Rendering of safety, health, environment & occupational health and technical manpower services for the site activities for double line high speed railway between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR Km. 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR Km. 393.700) in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli for construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/3026/MAHSR/T2/Manpower/R1
- Name of Work: Rendering of safety, health, environment & occupational health and technical manpower services for the site activities for double line high speed railway between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR Km. 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR Km. 393.700) in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli for construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 17,08,48,512/- (Including GST)
- Completion Period: 1095 Days
In May, 2023 the IRCON invited a tender for Tender Number: IRCON/3026/MAHSR/T2/Manpower/R1
Scope of Work:
- The scope of SERVICES shall be to provide qualified and experienced personnel, as and when requested by IRCON, to maintain IRCON’s Obligation in Safety, Health, Environment & Occupational Health and Technical services of the project and as per specifications, and shall be limited to providing manpower services only.
- Assignments of AGENCY’s personnel will be in the whole project area. Subject to terms and conditions as per details given in this document, AGENCY undertakes to provide services (hereinafter referred to as “SERVICES”) as are described in below table by supplying agreed personnel to the IRCON office.
- The scope of SERVICES may be increased or decreased by IRCON at any time in accordance with the provisions of this Contract. The table indicated below contains the approximate no. of personnel, designation, qualification and experience required by IRCON.
- However, AGENCY understands that IRCON is not bound or committed to utilise any specific number of the AGENCY’s personnel during the contract period, the requirements being purely on as and when required basis.
- Providing Services to fulfil the Client/Employer requirement of the Project as per specifications, revised from time to time.
General Requirements of Safety, Health and Environment (SHE):
- The Contractor shall be wholly and solely responsible for Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) on the Site and any other areas being used by him for the purposes of the Contract.
- The Contractor shall ensure that all appropriate SHE protection measures are implemented throughout the execution of the Works. The Contractor’s attention is drawn to the relevant provisions regarding SHE in the Contract Documents.
- Attention shall be paid to the HIV-AIDS Prevention requirements set out in Appendix- 08000-1 [Attachment-2] of the General Specifications. Costs for all necessary measures in Division 08000[Safety, Health and Environmental Management Plan] and Appendix-08000-I[Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Management Manual] shall be deemed to have been included in the Accepted Contract Amount.
- Contractor’s Obligation Within twenty-eight (28) days of receipt of the Letter of Acceptance, but not later than the Commencement Date, the Contractor shall prepare and submit to the Employer/Engineer for Notice of No Objection a SHE Management Plan fully complying with not only the relevant applicable latest Laws of Lands but also the regulations of the Employer which may be imposed from time to time on the Project.
- It is to be noted that the Employer (or the Engineer on its behalf) be entitled to amend Safety and Health related terms and conditions and the same shall be binding on the Contractor to implement without any financial claim from f the Contractor to the Employer.
- The SHE Management Plan shall contain adequate control measures and procedures, in accordance with the relevant applicable latest Laws of Lands and the Employer-imposed regulations as per Conditions of Contract, SHE Management Manual attached as Appendix 08000-1, State BOCW Acts and Rules, Indian Electricity Acts and Rules, BS:6I64: 2011 and other applicable latest Indian Legislations, whichever is more stringent, as well as internationally accepted good practice, for the prevention of contamination, food poisoning, epidemics, diseases, accidents, fires and public nuisance.
- The SHE Management Plan shall be implemented by the Contractor and the Subcontractor properly and diligently throughout the execution of the Works.
- The Contractor is required to prepare method statements for each activity. The method statement is required to cover the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment in detail obtaining NONO from the Engineer.
- The Contractor shall identify the SHE requirements related to each activity planned and, in advance the Contractor will arrange the required safety gears and equipment, to control the hazards and obtain the relevant licenses, permissions and fulfil the construction machine/equipment safety requirements.
- All accidents and dangerous occurrences must be investigated by the Contractor. On all such occurrences, the Contractor convenes all the persons involved including workers and carry out re-induction about safety for half a day.
- In case a stop order is issued by the Engineer, the Contractor shall not resume the Works until the corrective action’s compliance is accepted/NONO is issued by the Employer/Engineer.
Site SHE Management Plan:
- The Contractor’s SHE Management Plan shall have NONO from the Engineer. In addition, this plan shall be made in accordance with the latest amendments/revisions/Clauses as applicable, as per The Maharashtra BOCW Rules 2007; The Gujarat BOCW Act 2003; ISO 45001:2018; ISO 14001: 2015; Bureau of Indian Standard Specifications; National Building= Codes and BS 6164: 2011, whichever is more stringent.
The Contractor’s SHE Management Plan shall address the following:
- The Contractor’s SHE Management Policy;
- The Contractor’s SHE Management Organization plan (Roles, Responsibilities and Powers of key members of the SHE Organization);
- Compulsory Safety Induction Training, Job Specific Safety Training, the Contractors’ Engineers training as per Appendix 08000-1 (SHE Management Manual);
- Applicable Laws of the land.
- Enforcement of health and safety regulations;
- System of warnings;
- Weekly, monthly and tool-box meetings;
- Safety and health management reports including accident reports & statistics and investigation procedure;
- Corrective measures to improve unhealthy/unsafe conditions;
- Waste Management plan;
- Accident prevention signs and notices;
- Safety and health audits and inspection;
- Permits for work in dangerous or restricted work areas;
- Emergency procedures;
- First aid medical facilities and occupational health centre;
- Traffic control including signalling and barricading;
- Visitors/guests permit and control;
- Fire prevention and fire-fighting;
- Electricity leakage, and electric shock;
- Oxygen/Acetylene/Fuel gases;
- Deep boring with hydraulic rigs, excavation and trench shoring;
- Excavation near underground utilities;
- Operations in confined spaces;
- Operations in or under water;
- Guard-railing, Hand-railing, Barricading and Opening Protecting; aa) Scaffolding and Staging and Fall protection;
- Elevated Work including roofing and structural steel erection;
- Craning and Hoisting — Testing, ASLI calibration, Trained lifting supervisor and rigger;
- Handling and Storing of Toxic Paints, explosive and blasting material, Harmful Chemical Material with (MSDS), Flammable Material;
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment;
- Housekeeping; gg) Safety of Public & Public Property nearby Workplace;
- Provision of Identity Card for Workers & Supervisors
- SHE Committee management;
- Accident Investigation and Reporting Procedures;
- Project Site and Labour Colony Hygiene, Living, Water Supply, Sanitation and Fumigation to control insects; and
SHE Submission of Contractor:
- Monthly SHE Report as asked by the Engineer including, SHE Statistics, Audit & Inspection Report, SHE Committee Minutes, Monthly Electrical Safety Audit Report. Management Audit Rating Score Report and Closing Report of the Engineer.
About MAHSR Project:
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High- Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India.
- Out of 508Km, 352 Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348 Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and the balance 156 Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
- The Construction Work is in progress in both Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli where 98% and 100% land has been acquired respectively.
- In Gujarat, High Speed Rail alignment passes through eight districts i.e. Valsad, Navsari, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Ahmedabad and work is in progress in all the eight districts.
- In Maharashtra land acquisition done so far is 40%.
- The project will entail an investment of 72,000 Crs in the state of Gujarat in both Land & construction.
- So far an expenditure of 14,200 Crs has been done.
- The project will generate direct & indirect employment of 60,000 in Gujarat state.
Source: IRCON- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL