Contributing to a sustainable and corrosion-free railway infrastructure, Jindal Stainless supplied stainless steel for another stainless steel foot-overbridge (FOB) unveiled on 30th May, 2022, at Srikakulam Road Railway Station, Waltair Division, East Coast Railway.
- This is the second stainless steel foot-over-bridge of the nation after the launch of Naupada foot-over-bridge in the same Division of East Coast railway in the state of Andhra Pradesh, and is in line with the government’s vision of developing a modern coastal infrastructure. The Company supplied its most cost-effective and superior quality stainless steel for structural applications – Jindal Durasafe.
- The FOB was jointly unveiled by Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Srikakulam Lok Sabha Constituency, Shri Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu; Hon’ble Speaker of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, Shri Tammineni Sitarama, and Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Waltair Division, East Coast Railways, Mr Anup Kumar Satpathy along with AVP, Sales Development, Jindal Stainless, Mr Vanka Shivramakrishna.
Unveiling the FOB, DRM, Waltair Division, East Coast Railways, Mr. Anup Kumar Satpathy said, “This is India’s second stainless steel FOB with improved corrosion resistance. We congratulate Jindal Stainless for developing and supplying an optimum stainless steel grade that can replace conventional metals and address the grave issue of safety in coastal railway infrastructure. We will continue to further strengthen railway infrastructure with such sustainable and eco-friendly material.”
Taking note of this milestone, Director, Jindal Stainless Limited, Mr. Tarun Khulbe said, “Jindal Stainless is equipped to produce world-class stainless steel products that can stand the challenging climatic conditions of India’s vast coastline. The Srikakulam FOB is another milestone towards manifesting the government’s vision of developing a sustainable and corrosion-free railway infrastructure. We congratulate the Indian Railways for their visionary approach and are proud to collaborate with them for this major achievement.”
- Jindal Stainless has supplied 155 MT stainless steel for this project, and implemented the overall manufacturing and installation of this FOB project in nearly two months. The Company also assisted Railways’ fabricators with cost-effective stainless steel fabrication techniques and acted as a bridge between Railways, RDSO, and policy makers for developing custom-made solutions for the Indian Railways.
- Jindal Durasafe (IRS 350 CR) has been designed for zero maintenance, ~100 years’ service life, lower life cycle cost, and carbon footprint especially for high-quality structural applications in coastal areas. It comes in offerings like plates, girders, and channels. Additionally, Jindal Infinity chequered sheets are made of high-end 409M grade stainless steel and offer improved corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and a lower weight.
About Jindal Stainless:
- Founded by Shri. OP Jindal, in 1970, Jindal Stainless has an annual melt capacity of 1.9 MT and an annual turnover of US $4.20 billion (as of March’22). It has two stainless steel manufacturing complexes in India, in the states of Haryana and Odisha, with an overseas unit in Indonesia.
- The Company has a country-wide network of 10 sales offices in India with 12 global offices across the world. The Company’s product range includes stainless steel slabs, blooms, coils, plates, sheets, precision strips, blade steel, and coin blanks.
Source: Jindal Stainless -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway