Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s ESSVY Constructions India Private Limited for “Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur Doubling Project – Earthwork in formation, blanketing, minor bridges/RUBs, FOB, platforms and other miscellaneous works between Heelalige – Hosur in Bangalore Division of South Western Railway.”
- Tender Reference Number: K-RIDE/DL/02/2023
- Name of Work: Baiyyappanahalli – Hosur Doubling Project – Earthwork in formation, blanketing, minor bridges/RUBs, FOB, platforms and other miscellaneous works between Heelalige – Hosur in Bangalore Division of South Western Railway.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 91,08,87,136/-
- Completion Period: 15 Months
In February, 2023 the K-RIDE invited a tender for Tender Number: K-RIDE/DL/02/2023
Scope of the Work:
- The proposed work is for balance works of Doubling of track between Heelalige – Hosur in Bangalore Division of South Western Railway.
- Execution of balanced quantities of earthwork, blanketing (as per RDSO specification GE: G-004 of Sept 2020), Minor Bridges, RUBs, retaining walls, side drains etc.
- Construction of Railway platforms, FOB at Anekal, Service Buildings/gate lodges between Heelalige- Hosur.
- Supply, Fabrication, assembling and Erection of Open Web Steel Girders/Plate Girders and Composite Plate Girders for Railway Bridges (as per IR loading) and Bow String Steel Girders/ Composite Plate Girders (as per IRC loading) of specified span(s) as mentioned in GAD including erection and launching (with or without power and traffic power blocks, as applicable) for Rail/Road under Bridges ( RUBs.)
- Providing and fixing in position standard fixed type POT bearing, free sliding type POT cum PTFE bearings, Spherical bearings as per approved drawings including designs of bearings wherever required.
- Preparation of Temporary Arrangement Drawings (TAD), Launching Scheme, Fabrication/Detailed Shop Drawings including drawing office dispatch lists (DODL) , and other documentation as required by the Railway.
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) for super-structure including bearings.
Other miscellaneous works as listed in Schedules/GCC/SCC:
- The contractors/agencies and officials associated with fabrication work should have thorough understanding of both the codes under para 1.2.
- However, the “Guidelines on fabrication of steel girders for construction/field Engineers BS -110” , help the field engineers associated with execution of the fabrication work through trade and cover various aspects which require close attention of the field engineers for ensuring quality of the fabrication work.
- These guidelines are just to facilitate and not to supersede the two codes specified in para 1.2((i) &(ii) above. All engineers associated with fabrication are advised to understand the provision of IRS B1-2001 and Welded Bridge Code and take help from guidelines specified in para 1.2 (iii) above.
- Tenderers are requested to inspect the site and carry out careful examinations to satisfy them as to the nature of work involved and facilities available at the site. They should note carefully all the existing structures and those under construction through other agencies.
- They should also study the suitability of utilising the different equipment and the machinery that they intend to use for the execution of the work.
- The tenderer should also select suitable sites for the purpose of locating their store yard, laboratory, staff quarters etc., and satisfy themselves with regard to the feasibility of transporting the trusses from the yard to the final site of placement etc.
Similar work is defined as below:
- Execution of Earthwork in Railway formation and construction of Bridges”
- The contract is considered as completed if 90% or more of the work is physically completed which is to be substantiated by a certificate from the Employer who has awarded the contract to the Bidder and the contract amount so received should be equal to or more than the minimum value as per eligibility criteria 3.2 (b).
- For completed works, the value of work done shall be updated to FY 2021-22 price level assuming 10% inflation for Indian rupees every year. Credentials if submitted in foreign currency shall be converted into Indian currency i.e., Indian Rupee as under: Bids will be compared in Indian Rupees only.
- This will be achieved by conversion of the Foreign Currency portion of the Bid into Indian Rupees by using the Exchange Rates published by Financial Benchmarks India Pvt. Ltd. 28 (twenty-eight) days before the latest date of Bid submittal, and then adding the same to the Indian Rupee portion of the Bid.
- In case this particular day happens to be a holiday, the exchange rate published by Financial Benchmarks India Pvt. Ltd. on the next working day will be considered.
- In case of JV/Consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same JV shall be considered. However, if qualifying work (s) done by them in a JV/Consortium having different constituents, then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
- Joint venture is restricted to 3 (Three) number of partners. One of the partners, who is responsible for performing a key function in contract management or is executing a major component of the proposed contract, shall be nominated as being in charge during the tendering periods and, in the event of a successful tender, during contract execution.
- The partner in charge shall be authorized to incur liabilities and receive instructions for and on behalf of any and all partners of the joint venture; this authorization shall be evidenced by submitting a power of attorney signed by legally authorized signatories of all the partners.
- The Tenderers shall submit the tender through e – procurement portal. Tenderers should scan the registration copy; work done certificate and any other document and submit through online.
- On the stipulated date of opening of Tenders, initially, only the Technical Bids are opened through Karnataka Public Procurement Portal.
- The Technical Bids shall be evaluated by the Employer in accordance with the stipulated Qualification and Evaluation criteria. No amendments or changes to the Technical Bids would be permitted after the opening of Technical Bids.
- Tenderers who are qualified in the technical evaluation, their Price Bid shall be opened at a date and time advised by the Employer (K-RIDE) through e-tendering portal. The Price Bids are evaluated and the Contract is awarded to the Tenderer whose Tender has been determined to be the lowest evaluated substantially responsive tender.
- Tenderers are advised to note the eligibility and minimum qualifying criteria specified in the Section 2: Instruction to Tenderers of the tender document.
- Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security/EMD as specified in the tender document and shall have to be valid for 45 days beyond the validity of the tender. Any Tenders received without tender security/EMD shall be summarily rejected.
- Incomplete Tender submission will be considered non-responsive and such Tenders shall not be considered for further evaluation.
- Tender Documents can be downloaded free of cost from Karnataka Public Procurement Portal and K-RIDE web site the Tenders must be submitted online via Karnataka Public Procurement Portal only.
- Please note that drawings, if any, referred to in the tender document, but not uploaded with the tender document, can be viewed in this office on any working day. The Tenderer can also have a copy of the same on payment of non-refundable cost of Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) by an ePayment mode (credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI) in favour of Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited, Bangalore.
- It will be the responsibility of the Tenderer who is submitting the Tender on downloaded Tender documents to check and see any Addendum/Corrigendum issued in this regard from the website from time to time and ensure submission of bid along with all Addendum/Corrigendum.
- Validity of Tender: Tenders shall remain valid for a period of 180 days after the Tender submission deadline date prescribed by the employer. A Tender valid for a shorter period shall be rejected by the employer as non-responsive.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Employer may request Tenderers to extend the period of validity of their Tenders. The request and the responses shall be made in writing. If a Tender security is requested in accordance with ITT 13, it shall also be extended up to the date mentioned in the letter of request for extension.
- A Tenderer may refuse the request without forfeiting its Tender security. A Tenderer granting the request shall not be required or permitted to modify its Tender.
- If the office happens to be closed on the date of opening of Tender, the Tenders will be opened on the next working day at the same time and venue.
- A Pre- Bid meeting will be held as per date and time specified in e-procure portal. IST at the office of K-RIDE, Bangalore to clarify the issues if any and to answer questions on any matter that may be raised at that stage as stated in Clause – 8 of ITT of the Tender document.
Source: K-RIDE- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR