The Kanpur Metro has deployed ABB India’s Electrification solutions for safe, reliable and quality power distribution. ABB’s latest technology helps facilitate smooth, consistent power distribution making the commute seamless and comfortable for passengers. ABB India has been contributing to Indian Metro systems by providing electrification solutions to 13 metro rail projects across India.
- ABB India has provided the Kanpur metro with Low Voltage Switchboards, Medium Voltage Panels and Lighting Distribution Boards. These products comply with the technical specifications required for the project and are the most reliable, safe and latest technologies in the industry.
- Upgrading the existing transport infrastructure, metro systems have become one of the most significant forms of public transportation in urban Indian cities. It helps provide improved quality and comfort along with sustainable public transit.
- Metros prove to be essential for the social and economic development of urban cities, especially for easing traffic congestion. Given such developments, Kanpur has now entered the top 10 Indian Smart Cities by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Development under the Smart City Mission.
- ABB’s intelligent smart distribution technology enables electrical systems to manage the metro stations and operations in an efficient and cost-effective way. These systems provide effective power distribution and supply, improving energy efficiency.
- ABB is among the leading firms providing integrated power supply solutions for metro rail projects. Since 2002, ABB has implemented comprehensive electrification of both AC and DC metro rail systems and currently thirteen operational metro rail projects across the country run on ABB technology.
Mr. Sushil Kumar, Managing Director, UPMRCL (Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.), said “The Kanpur Metro is transforming mobility in the city by providing the residents with comfortable and convenient public transportation. Metro has made use of various sustainable technologies considering India’s carbon-neutrality goals. ABB India has an excellent track record of successfully delivering electrification solutions for metros systems in India. And hence, we are pleased to partner with ABB India in this journey towards transforming the face of urban mobility in Kanpur.”
Mr. Kiran Dutt, President, Electrification Business, ABB India, said “For the Kanpur Metro System, our objective was to enable safe and reliable power distribution across the network. We are privileged to work with the UPMRCL in their endeavour to provide sustainable transportation to its citizens, by supplying smart technology and our state-of-the-art products. Contributing to the various metro systems in India, we are committed to help improve and upgrade the country’s public transport infrastructure.”
- ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimise how things are manufactured, moved, powered, and operated.
- Building on more than 130 years of excellence, ABB’s ~105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation.
- Electrifying the world in a safe, smart and sustainable way, ABB Electrification is a global technology leader in electrical distribution and management from source to socket.
- As the world’s demand for electricity grows, our 50,000+ employees across 100 countries collaborate with customers and partners to transform how people connect, live and work.
- We develop innovative products, solutions and digital technologies that enable energy efficiency and a low carbon society across all sectors. By applying global scale with local expertise, we shape and support global trends, deliver excellence for customers and power a sustainable future for society.
Source: ABB- Press Release | Image Credit: (representational): UPMRC