Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited online bids (e-Tender) under two packet systems from eligible applicants for Construction of entry & exit buildings of Kakkanad Junction and Cochin SEZ metro station of Phase-II of Kochi Metro Rail Project excluding architectural and building service works.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PROC/TENDER/2022-23/169
- Name of Work: Construction of entry & exit buildings of Kakkanad Junction and Cochin SEZ metro station of Phase-II of Kochi Metro Rail Project excluding architectural and building service works.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 22.63 Crore
- EMD: INR 22,63,000 Lakh
- Period Of Work: 12 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 15th February, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th February, 2023
- Pre–bid Meeting Date: 20th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 21st February, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th February, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 01st March, 2023
- Kochi is the most densely populated city in the state and is part of an extended metropolitan region, which is the largest urban agglomeration in Kerala. Kochi city is also a part of the Greater Cochin region.
- Rapid urbanisation and intense commercial developments in the recent past have resulted in steep rise in travel demand putting Kochi’s transport infrastructure to stress. However, the increase in capacity of the transport system has not been compatible with transport demand.
- With ever increasing demand for road space – both for vehicular movement and parking, it is difficult to depend only on road based transport solutions. Only public transport systems are more efficient users of space.
- Foundation laying for Phase –II work from JLN metro station to Kakkanad was done by the Honourable Prime Minister of India on 1st September 2022 The stretch consists of 11.2 kms length and comprises 11 metro stations.
- The stretch passes through the Kochi IT hub and various corporate offices and hence expected to attract the most ridership in the area.
Scope of Work:
- Survey of the site
- Securing of boundary for the area marked for the development
- Pile foundation for the building (includes the testing of initial pile)
- Building to be constructed as per Framed structure without any architectural finishes
- Coordination with interfacing contractors (Electrical, architecture, traction, signalling etc.) designer etc.
- Kakkanad (RHS), Cochin SEZ (LHS & RHS) has been planned with 02 Levels (Ground and Concorse Levels).
- 02 basements and 02 levels (total 04 levels) floor construction planned for Kakkanad LHS.
- Construction of water tanks for each Entry /Exit and waterproofing for the same.
- There is a possibility of some of the items not getting mentioned in the above list of works of Entr/Exit structure. Contractors are requested to go through the tender drawings also in detail as the works mentioned above as well as indicated in the tender drawings would be considered inclusive in the scope of work under quoted price. Employer decision shall be final in this regard in case of dispute.
- Some of the major utilities cannot be diverted. Contractor shall take into consideration the existence of these utilities and design the foundations at these locations accordingly.
- Detailed investigation of the site for station entry exit area construction, soil investigations (geotechnicals and electrical resistivity), taking trial pits for identifying utility/Oil pipeline (wherever necessary), and execution of the work as shown in the tender drawings and also as detailed in the scope of work given below should be included in quoted price:
- Foundation structures on piles by hydraulic rigs or open footing as the case may be.
- Station Entry/Exit structure including, commercial area ,column, Precast / Cast in situ beams, slabs, staircases, parapets, canopies,RCC Water Tank (Underground / Overhead), Link bridgestructure (Providing, Fabricating, Painting, transporting, erecting and securing in position prefabricated structural steel work for elevated entry/exit stations buildings-complete as per specifications, approved shop drawings and /or instructions) and other structures at all levels as shown in the elevations, cross sections and all floor plans and other drawings,
- Property development above the station / Entry and Exit structure proposed at stations, which will also be a part of this contract.
- Lift shafts and escalators pits and other fixtures in stations subject to coordination with respective system contractors including water proofing of lift pit/escalator pits.
- Expansion joints including at the track bed and at other floor levels as per the specifications.
- Providing cutouts, concealed pipes, raceways etc. required for various services and systems as per co-ordination with employers and also the service providers and the other system contractors.
- Underground water tank and pump house, D.G. room, bore wells and its connection to the water tank, if any, as directed by the engineer, waterproofing in the underground structure, terrace and Overhead Tanks.
- Masonry works with bricks /Cement concrete solid block (made from cement concrete 1:1.5:3) of class designation 100 lintel, ties, Mullions & Bands, Tie Beam etc. including earthquake resistance provisions in the detailing etc. at various level in the structures as shown in the Drawings and detailed in the Scope of Work.
- Earth filling with compaction with Contractor’s own good earth up to plinth level wherever required. For the area falling on the road, backfilling shall be done with sand.
- Foundations for the system equipment etc. as per co-ordination with various service provisions and system contractors engaged by KMRL.
- Provisions for cutouts in the structure , required for various services in coordination with various system contractors.
- Earthing arrangement for structure and ancillary building as per requirement of system contractor.
- The contractor has to get necessary permission/ NOC from the railway, road and other concerned regulatory authorities for block and work in such locations. KMRL will assist in getting permission from concerned regulatory authorities for working in such locations.
- There is a possibility of some of the items not getting mentioned in the above list of works of Entr/Exit structure. Contractors are requested to go through the tender drawings also in detail as the works mentioned above as well as indicated in the tender drawings would be considered inclusive in the scope of work under quoted price.
- Employer decision shall be final in this regard in case of dispute. Some of the major utilities cannot be diverted. Contractor shall take into consideration the existence of these utilities and design the foundations at these locations accordingly.
- Joint Venture (JV)/Consortium is permitted for this contract.
- Minimum average liquidity for the last three financial years > 3.23 Crore
- Minimum average annual turnover of Rs. 6.78 crores for last three (03) financial years ending in March 2022.
- Minimum Net Worth of Rs. 4.52 Crore
Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience:
- At least one similar work of Civil Construction for Framed structures multistoried building/Metro railway station with Pile Foundation of total Value Rs. 18.1 Cr or more, or
- At least two similar works of Civil Construction for Framed structures multistoried building/Metro railway station with Pile Foundation of total Value Rs. 11.31. Crore or more, or
- At least three similar works of Civil Construction for Framed structures multistoried building/Metro railway station with Pile Foundation of total Value Rs. 9.05 Crore or more
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have completed work(s) during last seven years ending in last month to the month in which Tender is published as given below:
- At least one similar work of Civil Construction for framed structured multistoried building/Metro Railway Stations with pile foundation of total value of Rs. 18.1 crores or more, or
- At least two similar works of Civil Construction for framed structured multistoried building/Metro Railway Stations with pile foundation each of total value of Rs. 11.31 crores or more, or
- At least three similar works of Civil Construction for framed structured multistoried building/Metro Railway Stations with pile foundation , each of total value of Rs. 9.05 crores or more.
- The tenderer shall submit details of works executed by them in the Performa of Appendix-17 of FOT for the works to be considered for qualification of work experience criteria.
- Documentary proof such as completion certificates from clients clearly indicating the nature/scope of work, actual completion cost and actual date of completion for such work should be submitted.
- The offers submitted without this documentary proof shall not be evaluated. In case the work is executed for private client, copy of work order, bill of quantities, bill wise details of payment received certified by C.A., T.D.S certificates for all payments received and a copy of the final/last bill paid by the client shall also be submitted.
- Value of a successfully completed portion of any ongoing work up to last month to the month in which Tender is published or Value of any ‘substantially completed’ work up to last month to the month in which Tender is published will also be considered for qualification of work experience criteria. A work will be considered substantially completed if 80% of work (value wise) is completed.
- For completed works, value of work done shall be updated to 31.01.2023 price level assuming 7% inflation for Indian Rupees every year and 2% for foreign currency portions per year. The exchange rate of foreign currency shall be applicable as on date of tender publishing. If it happens to be a Bank holiday ,the next working day shall be considered.
- In case of joint venture / Consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same joint venture shall be considered. However, if the qualifying work(s) were done by them in a JV/Consortium having different constituents, then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
- If the above work(s) (i.e. Construction of Viaduct (which may include station along with viaduct)/ Bridge/ Flyover (excluding approaches & embankments) having a pre-stressed concrete superstructure) comprise other works such as approaches, road, non-Prestressed superstructure etc., the client‟s certificate clearly indicating the amount of work done in respect of the “similar work” shall be furnished by the tenderer in support of work experience along-with their tender submissions.
Tender Documents and any additional information can be downloaded from website http://etenders.kerala.gov.in
Source: KMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Kochi Metro