Metro Ride Kolkata App has been gaining popularity with every passing day amongst the metro users. In order to enable more and more commuters to use this app, metro officers and staff have been conducting special camps at all metro stations at regular intervals.
- Special promotional films (on how to download and use this customer friendly app) are also being shown on platform televisions of North-South and East-West Metro stations. Social Media platforms are also being used to popularise this app.
- Special camps were conducted at all stations of North-South (Blue Line) and East-West (Green Line) Metro to make Metro users aware of this app. It is expected that such camps will help Metro commuters to get acquainted with this user-friendly app.
- It is helping Metro commuters to save their valuable time as they don’t need to stand in the long queues in front of the booking counters to recharge their Smart Cards or purchase QR Code Based Tickets.
About Metro Ride Kolkata App:
- Metro Ride Kolkata App developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has been a hit among users. Commuters have appreciated this app as it is very user-friendly and it enables users to book QR Code Based Tickets or recharge Smart Cards very easily at any time. Passengers can also get desired and useful data through this app.
- For the benefit of the commuters, ‘Metro Ride Kolkata’ App was launched on 05.03.2022. Seeing its popularity among users, Metro authorities have already planned to make it a tri-lingual App.
- So, passengers who are not that proficient in English will be able to use its Hindi or Bengali version. It is expected that this initiative will make this App more user friendly and popular.
- Till 21.06.2023, a total 2,96,329 commuters have downloaded this App having rating of 4.6 from Google Play Store. In order to make more commuters aware about this App, special promotional films on how to download and use this App are also being shown on platform televisions of North-South and East-West Metro stations.
- Social Media platforms are also being used to popularise this App. Metro staff have also been helping passengers to download this App from Google Play Store and showing them the procedure to use it at different stations.
- It is helping Metro commuters to save their time as they don’t need to stand in the long queues in front of the booking counters to recharge their Smart Cards or purchase Tokens.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro