Construction works of different Metro Projects in the city have been going on in full swing. Shri P. Uday Kumar Reddy, General Manager, Metro Railway has been constantly monitoring the progress of works of different Metro projects and personally visiting the project sites for their speedy completion.
- Noapara-Barasat via Bimanbandar Project, Phase-II work has been going on round the clock. Though there are some issues such as delay in handover of Airports Authority of India land inside the operational area, height restrictions in the Air Funnel Zone, shifting of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Corporation Limited’s 33 KVA cables and diversion of traffic on National Highway-12 at multiple stretches etc. which have been hampering the progress of this Project, still Phase-II work of this Project beyond Bimanbandar Station yard up to New Barrackpore is going on.
- On 19.07.2023 a challenging work of pile casting at the congested Bankra More near NH-12 was done successfully. For casting this pile, 55-metre deep boring was done first with the help of a 35-metre high Hydraulic Rig.
- After that 2.21 MT reinforcement cage was lowered and 44 cubic metres of concrete were cast to construct this 1.2-meter diameter and 55-metre deep pile with the help of a 35-metre high crane. This work started at 10:00 am on 18.07.2023 and completed at 10:00 am on 19.07.2023.
- The construction of this pile was very challenging at the very busy Bankra More. With meticulous planning and deploying required plants and machineries it has been done smoothly. During the entire construction work Traffic Marshals were deployed to ensure smooth traffic flow on busy National Highway 12.
- Shri Kausik Mitra, CPRO, Metro Railway has thanked all stakeholders for their support in executing this dream Metro Project which will touch the city airport.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro