- After the all important traffic diversion (Stage – I) at Nabadiganta crossing granted by Bidhannagar Traffic Police Department, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) is gearing up to start the construction work of proposed Nabadiganta Metro station (popularly known as Technopolis) of New Garia-Airport via Rajarhat Metro Corridor from 31.07.2023 (Monday).
- For this, necessary plants, machineries and manpower are being arranged and mobilised. It will be a big boost for this project after overcoming seemingly unassailable hurdles.
- Due to some land related issues, 2791 sq. metre of fresh land were acquired from Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA) and the earlier proposed location of this station has been shifted to its present location.
- Another 536 sq. metre of land will be acquired from Airports Authority of India (AAI) very soon for construction of this station. RVNL has already made necessary payment of the lease money for that piece of land to AAI.
- As the work is going to start from the last day of this month, executing agency RVNL has been aiming to complete the construction work by December, 2024. This upcoming Nabadiganta Metro Station will be 180-metre long and 35-metre wide.
- For this, 294 piles, 36 pile caps and 46 columns are required to be constructed. Utilising this traffic diversion which has been granted for nine months, RVNL will also construct 10 piers at this location for the project.
- One concourse level, one platform level and 4 entry structures will be constructed for this station.Once commissioned Nabadiganta Metro station will be the Gateway to New Town.
- Shri Kausik Mitra, Chief Public Relations Officer, Metro Railway has thanked the local authorities for granting the all necessary traffic diversion at Technopolis to enable RVNL to start the station construction work. He has also appealed to all the stakeholders to co-operate for smooth execution of this project and ensuring a better tomorrow.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro