The construction of Biswa Bangla Convention Centre Metro station on Kavi Subhash-Jai Hind (Airport) Corridor of the Orange Line is rapidly advancing towards completion. The station is poised to enhance public convenience by providing a swift, safe, and eco-friendly mode of transportation, aligning with Kolkata Metro’s commitment to efficient urban transit.
Metro Railway (Kolkata) has been focused on speedy completion of the metro stations in the city to provide a more convenient and safe mode of transportation which will be environment friendly as well as time saving.
The construction work of Biswa Bangla Convention Centre Metro station on Kavi Subhash- Jai Hind (Airport) Corridor of Orange Line is going on in full swing. This station is going to come up near the Biswa Bangla More beside Biswa Bangla Convention Centre. Once commissioned, this station is going to cater to thousands of passengers, tourists and office goers in the coming days.
The Facilities to be Provided:
- The overall work of this station is almost complete.
- State-of-the-art passenger amenities are going to be provided at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre Metro station.
- There will be 10 escalators,
- Four 04 lifts were provided at this station.
- Apart from these, 14 staircases will also be available here.
- There will be two spacious platforms of 180-metre length at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre station along with ticket counters,
- Automatic Smart Card Recharge Machines (ASCRM) for self-ticketing facilities.
- Apart from these, one toilet for ladies, one for gents and one for divyangjan will be available for the convenience of the passengers.
- Public Address System, digital display boards, emergency lighting facility for the convenience of the passengers, tactile floor indicators for the blind will be some other added amenities here
The public eagerly anticipates the inauguration of the Biswa Bangla Convention Centre Metro station, recognizing it as a testament to the city’s commitment to sustainable urban development
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.