Metro Railway (Kolkata) Nalban Metro Station construction work on Kavi Subhash-Jai Hind (Airport) Corridor of Orange Line is going on in full swing. Significant progress has been made, with entry-exit points well underway, structural work in progress, and platform levels completed.
Kolkata Metro started the construction work of Nalban Metro station of Kavi Subhash- Jai Hind (Airport) Corridor (Orange Line) is going on in full swing. This station is strategically positioned beside the renowned Nicco Park, one of the famous tourist attractions of Kolkata.
Once commissioned, this station is going to be one of the entry points to Salt Lake IT hub. This station is going to cater to the thousands of passengers as well as tourists in the coming days.
Structural work of this station is going on. Construction work of the entry and exit points of this station has also started. Construction work of the platform level has also been completed. Construction work of the approaching viaduct to this station has also been taken up and work of the viaduct from Nalban station to Gour Kishore Ghosh stretch has progressed very well in recent times.
Amenities to be Provided:
- State-of-the-art passenger amenities are going to be provided at Nalban station.
- There will be eight (8) escalators,
- Four (4) lifts provided at this station,
- Apart from these, nine (9) staircases will also be available here.
- There will be two spacious platforms of 180-metre length at Nalban station along with ticket counters,
- Automatic Smart Card Recharge Machines (ASCRM) for self ticketing facility,
- One (1) first-aid room and sitting benches on the platforms will also be available here,
- Apart from these, one toilet for ladies, one for gents and one for divyangjan will be available for the convenience of the passengers,
- Among other amenities, water coolers will be installed for the use of commuters,
- Public Address System,
- Digital display boards,
- Emergency lighting facility for the convenience of the passengers,
- Tactile floor indicators for the blind will be some other added amenities here.
This progressive development not only enhances the city’s metro connectivity but also prioritises passenger comfort and accessibility, promising a seamless travel experience for residents and visitors alike.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.