Larsen & Toubro has secured one more package for the Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase 2. It has been awarded Package C3 (CP08 EV01) of Phase-II of Chennai Metro.
- The scope of CP08 EV01 package involves the construction of an elevated viaduct of approximately 10 km including an elevated ramp and ten (10) elevated metro stations at Nehru Nagar, Kandanchavadi, Perungudi, Thoraipakkam, Mettukuppam, PTC colony, Okkiyampet, Karapakkam, Okkiyam Thoraipakkam and Sholinganallur. This elevated Metro Rail package is to be constructed in 35 Months.
- L&T is already executing four packages of CMRL Phase-II of which one is underground and the other three are elevated packages. L&T had earlier executed Metro Rail Projects for CMRL in Phase I.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase II expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. of Stations.
- It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamalle Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is ₹63246/- Cr (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC).
- The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
About Larsen & Toubro:
- Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in EPC Projects, Hi-Tech Manufacturing and Services. It operates in over 50 countries worldwide.
- A strong, customer–focused approach and the constant quest for top-class quality have enabled L&T to attain and sustain leadership in its major lines of business for eight decades.
Source: Larsen & Toubro -Press Release | Image Credit(representational): CMRL