Maha Metro has added another feather in its cap with City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO), the agency in-charge of Navi Mumbai Metro project, deciding to appoint it for operating and maintaining services on Line 1 of the project.
- The contract period is for 10 years.
- Maha Metro is already executing the balance construction work of this line.
- CIDCO has issued the letter of acceptance to Maha Metro and an agreement between the two agencies in this regard will be signed soon.
Balance works of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 1:
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corp. Ltd. (Maha Metro) & CIDCO signed an agreement earlier this year for completion of balance work of 11.1 km long Navi Mumbai Metro Line 1 (Phase-1) which spans from Belapur to Pendhar.
- Maha Metro have an expert team comprising of personnel specializing in Civil Construction, Electrical, Signalling, Rolling Stock, Traction, Design, Planning & Property development disciplines. Having an expert team experienced in event planning and timely project execution, helps Maha Metro in completing mega MRTS projects within stipulated time.
- CIDCO has therefore entrusted Maha Metro to complete the balance work of Belapur to Pendhar, Navi Mumbai Metro Line 1 (Phase-1) project on deposit terms.
- Maha-Metro will invite bids (wherever necessary) on behalf of CIDCO and enter into contracts for execution of the balance civil and system works, including rolling stock, Signalling and other components and for procurement of systems and services required, if any, for the said project.
- The entire work will be executed by Maha-Metro and financed by CIDCO.
- Maha Metro will complete the balance work of Belapur to Pendhar line in 24 months from the date of signing of agreement.
- The Belapur to Phandhar line of Navi Mumbai Metro has 11 stations and is covering a length of 11.1 km. The Rolling Stock and Systems equipment will also be inspected by Maha Metro.
Alignment of the Project:
The alignment of the Navi Mumbai Metro Rail Project Corridor-I, Line-1 from Belapur to Pendhar will have following stations: Belapur terminal – RBI Colony – Belapada – Utsav Chowk – Kendriya Vihar – Kharghar Village – Central Park – Pethpada – Amandoot – Pethali Taloja – Pendhar
- Length: 11.10 Kms (complete elevated Metro Rail Corridor)
- Total Stations: 11 Metro Rail Station with one Terminal at Belapur.
- OCC/Depot: OCC & Major Depot at Taloja.
Source: Nagpur Metro-Update | Image Credit: CIDCO