NHSRCL has appointed the Japan Government nominated Special Purpose Company, Japan High-Speed Rail Electric Engineering Co. Ltd. (JE), which will arrange for the execution of the core Japanese Shinkansen technologies works related to the safety and punctuality of the trains.
- JE will be carrying out the works related to OCC (Operation Control Center) Design Contract, Production and Construction Contracts and PMC Contract for E1 Package for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor, ensuring the same level of safety and quality as of Shinkansen, Japan, following the practices as followed in Japan.
- This shall speed up the works related to the core Shinkansen technology.
About MAHSR Project:
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High- Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India.
- Out of 508Km, 352 Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348 Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and the balance 156 Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
- The Construction Work is in progress in both Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli where 98% and 100% land has been acquired respectively.
- In Gujarat, High Speed Rail alignment passes through eight districts i.e. Valsad, Navsari, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Ahmedabad and work is in progress in all the eight districts.
- In Maharashtra land acquisition done so far is 40%.
- The project will entail an investment of 72,000 Crs in the state of Gujarat in both Land & construction.
- So far an expenditure of 14,200 Crs has been done.
- The project will generate direct & indirect employment of 60,000 in Gujarat state.
- National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) was incorporated on 12th February 2016 under the Companies Act, 2013 with an objective to finance, construct, maintain and manage the High Speed Rail Corridor in India.
- The Company has been modelled as a ‘Special Purpose Vehicle’ in the joint sector with equity participation by the Central Government through Ministry of Railways and two State Governments viz. Government of Gujarat and Government of Maharashtra.
- The High-Speed Rail (HSR) project, apart from being a technological marvel, would afford many quantifiable benefits like saving in travel time, vehicle operation cost, reduction in pollution, job creation, reduction in accidents/ enhanced safety, imported fuel substitution, and reduction in pollutants.
- The project would also boost the infrastructure and add to the growth of the economy. HSR would be an integrated system having overall optimization of various components, viz. Hardware, Software, Human-ware, and their interface, etc.
- The Company would require a manpower strength of about 3000 – 4000 officials (estimated) for executing the operations of the high-speed corridor. The requisite manpower would need to be highly proficient in implementation of high-speed technology so as to execute the project efficiently and effectively. Therefore, the Company has started construction of an exclusive training institute at Vadodara to cater to this aspect.
- The Company would be ushering India into the category of few countries of the world (about 15) using High Speed Railway System.
Source: NHSRCL- Press Release | Images Credit: NHSRCL