- The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) celebrated Independence Day by initiating High Voltage Charging (25KV) of the eight coaches of the first prototype train for the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 Corridor.
- Charging of every train is a daily and never-ending activity and after charging the train at high voltage of 25 KV AC, static functionality tests of all the sub-systems, such as functioning of air-conditioners, communication system including speakers, public address system etc. of the train will be taken up.
- It is only after successful completion of these tests the train will be ready for the dynamic design proving trials.
- After receiving the eight coaches from SriCity, Andhra Pradesh, a battery-operated rail-cumroad Shunter–a first procurement for MMRC Car Depot–has successfully formed the first 8-car prototype train at the temporary facility–Train Delivery and Testing Track area–in Sariput Nagar, Aarey.
- The Corporation expects to begin Initial Design proving Trial runs of the train in the last week of this month in the 3-km stretch of MML3 tunnel from the temporary facility to Marol Naka Metro Station.
Source: MMRC -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MMRC