Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has invited Bids (through e-tendering process) from eligible Bidder(s) for Civil maintenance contract for R & R sites, MMRCL transit office and civil & electrical work at MMRCL hallmark business plaza 2nd & 8th floor offices and other allied works under Mumbai Metro line-3 of MMRCL.
- Tender Reference Number: MMRC/Planning/NIT/Maintenance/22/01/3rd Call
- Name of Work: Civil maintenance contract for R & R sites, MMRCL transit office and civil & electrical work at MMRCL hallmark business plaza 2nd & 8th floor offices and other allied works under Mumbai Metro line-3 of MMRCL.
- Estimated Value: INR 2,89,92,390 Crore
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- EMD: INR 2,89,924 Lakh
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 02nd December, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 23rd December, 2022
- Pre Bid meeting: 09th December, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 02nd December, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 23rd December, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd December, 2022
Scope of Work:
- Repair and maintenance of civil works of R&R sites under MMRCL will include but will not be limited to:
- Attending blockage of drain pipes, gully traps and manholes.
- Attending the leakage from taps and valves, sanitary fixtures, fixtures for water supply.
- Attending rectification of malfunctioning fittings on doors and windows.
- Replacement of broken glass panes of doors and windows.
- Attending rectification of wall plaster and floors in patchwork.
- White washing, colour washing, painting and external painting etc, if required.
- Replacement of water supply fittings/sanitary fixtures.
- Periodical cleaning of overhead tanks, underground tanks etc.
- Testing of water for physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis.
- Changing of fly proof mesh in doors, windows and ventilators.
- Only Class-A Brick, fine & coarse sand, reputed brand of cement bag & TMT steel bars should be used as materials.
- All materials shall be tested in the lab wherever necessary, and the certificate will be provided by the agency and submitted at the time of the billing.
- Agency will maintain Manpower Muster Roll & Wage Register.
- Whenever and wherever required, the Agency will provide the Civil Engineer at site.
- Agency will provide Uniform, Identity Cards, Name bearing Plates etc. to every deployed Staff.
- All Tools & tackles, Plants, machineries, equipment and materials required to carry out the Civil work at site shall be provided by the Agency at his own cost.
- The Agency shall have to display on signboard, Facility Manager/Engineer/Supervisor’s name to be contacted with Telephone No’s, in case in emergency or urgent work required.
- The agency shall be responsible to depute their supervisor on the working site.
- The agency shall provide materials (Civil) as per ISI norms and quality mentioned.
- The agency should ensure all safety precautions for its labourers.
- Any other works as and when directed by the authorized person from MMRCL other than mentioned above falling under the domain of Civil Works.
- Maintaining the overhead tank/ suction tank, covers mosquito proof.
- Contractor’s scope of works will be execution of maintenance works, minor works, external works of the entire campus as per the details below:
- Repair / replacement in existing concrete/Waterproofing work/ plaster / masonry work, woodwork, sewerage work, steel work, plumbing work, road work, painting work, flooring work, roofing work, and interior decoration works; removal of chokes, seepage, leakage, dampness; clearing malba, debris, wild vegetation, excavation of earth, road work, Furniture interior works, and any other miscellaneous work as directed. etc., and various preventive maintenance works as ordered by MMRCL as per complaints recorded in complaints register and work orders given by MMRCL from time to time.
- Unless specified, only controlled concrete with design mix and weight batching shall be used for the work.
- Minimum cement content specified in IS: 456-2000 specification is purely from durability point of view. Larger content of cement shall have to be provided if required by mix design.
- Provision of cement slurry to create bond between plain / reinforced concrete surface and subsequent applied finishes shall not be paid extra.
- Mix design using smaller aggregates of 10mm down shall also be done in advance for the use in the locations having congested reinforcement.
- Procedure of mixing the admixtures shall be strictly as per the manufacturer’s recommendation if not otherwise directed by the Employer.
- All the water tanks and other liquid retaining concrete structures shall undergo hydraulic testing.
- Special benches shall be provided at Site for stacking reinforcement bars of different sizes.
- Formwork for beams of RCC areas shall be designed in such a way that the formwork of the adjacent structures can be removed without disturbing the props / supports of the beams.
- Wherever there are tension / suspended concrete members which are suspended from upper-level structural members, the shuttering / scaffolding of such members at lower level shall have to be kept in place till the time the upper level supporting members gain minimum required strength. Cost of such larger duration of keeping in place the shuttering/scaffolding shall be deemed to be included in the rates quoted for respective structural members.
- Formwork is required for full height at all locations. Special precaution for such tall formwork shall be taken to ensure its safety. Extra costs for such formwork shall be deemed to have been included in the rates quoted against relevant items.
- During the mobilization period, the Contractor shall carry out expeditiously and without delay the following works:
- Material testing and mix designs of concrete as contemplated in the specifications.
- Any other pre-requisite items required for final execution.
- Site office for the use of the Employer staff
- The said work involves at the very start of work taking-over of reference point from the Employer, establishment of control points, triangulation points, benchmarks, grid layout for all the structures maintaining horizontal and vertical control within the permissible limits, incorporating changes (if any), submission of full data in the tabulation form and survey drawings during the progress of work.
- Contractors who fulfil the following requirements a to f shall be eligible to apply. Joint ventures are not accepted.
- Should have satisfactorily completed the works as mentioned below during the last Five years ending previous day of last date of submission of bids.
- Three similar works each costing not less than ₹ 1,15,96,956, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than ₹ 1,44,96,195, or
- One similar work costing not less than ₹ 2,31,93,912
- Similar work shall mean works of civil maintenance contract executed under separate single work order carried out in govt. or semi govt. organizations or in Multi-National Companies or in corporate offices.
- The work shall include repair and maintenance of building civil works including water supply, sanitary installations, plumbing and drainage works.
- Should have had average annual financial turnover of not less than ₹ 1 Crores during the last three years ending 31st March 2022. (Scanned copy of Certificate from CA to be uploaded).
- Should not have incurred any loss in more than two years during the last five years ending 31st March 2022 (Scanned copy of Audited Profit and Loss Statement of last 5 Financial Years i.e. 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 (if finalized) to be uploaded)
- Should have a solvency of ₹ 1,15,97,000/- (Scanned copy of original solvency to be uploaded as per Form B)
- The bidder should own construction equipment as per list required for the proper and timely execution of the work. Else, he should certify that he would be able to manage the equipment by hiring etc. and submit the list of firms from whom he proposes to hire.
- The bidder’s performance for each work completed in the last Five years and in hand should be certified by an officer not below the rank of Executive Engineer or equivalent.
- The above regular manpower will be deployed by the contractor on a regular basis. Any extra labour required beyond the above referred regular staff will be deployed by Contractor as per the needs of the works and permission from DGM (Civil).
- In case of non-competence of workers observed during execution of works, Contractor will have to replace them as per the instructions of DGM (Civil).
- Supervisor appointed by the Contractor should be a Diploma in Civil Engg. with at least two years site experience or a Graduate with adequate site experience and should be engaged after DGM (Civil) clearance.
- He will receive all instructions and input from MMRCL, maintain all records of maintenance and minor works, get the works executed to the satisfaction of MMRCL, prepare the bills and also provide any technical help to MMRCL whenever needed. Supervisor minimum wages will not be less than the min. wages announced by the Central Govt. for the ‘Graduates and above’ category.
- Contractor will also keep an experienced supervisor from his side to procure and organize material, labour, tools & tackles at site required for execution of the works given by MMRCL. (Supervisor mentioned in the manpower list will not be disturbed for these works and will be required to stay full time at site only).
- He will also assist the main supervisor in case of overload of work and will control the site in case of his absence. Wages for this supervisor will be taken into account by the contractor under his overheads. No separate payment will be made to the contractor in this regard.
The RFP document is available for download from website www.tenderwizard.com/MMRC
Source: MMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRC