Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) achieved major milestones on Mumbai Metro Line 5 for Phase-1 as they completed all the cast in-situ platform slabs which brings one step closer to start station finishing works and track works.
The civil work of Metro Line 5, Phase-1 is in progress between Thane – Bhiwandi. The last cast in-situ platform was successfully completed at Dhamankar Naka Metro Station which marked the completion of the entire cast in-situ platform slab for all metro stations of Metro Line 5.
During the construction, many challenges were faced, like the road was blocked for placing of boom placer during concreting in the night shift, proper safety precautions were taken due to the height at which work was being done and overall well-being of the people.
Till now, approximately 81.55 % civil work for Metro Line 5 of Phase-1 has been completed, in which 76.93 % of civil work for all 6 stations has been completed and 82.63 % of Viaducts.
Once all metro lines are fully operational, MMRDA will achieve hassle-free last mile connectivity in the MMR region.
Project in Brief:
- Metro Line – 5 (Thane Bhiwandi Kalyan)
- Metro Line 5 from Thane to Bhiwandi to Kalyan is 24.90 km. long elevated corridor with 15 stations.
- It will provide interconnectivity among the ongoing Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavli) and the proposed Metro Line 12 (Kalyan to Taloja), and with the existing Central Railway.
- It will provide rail based access to the commercial, Govt. bodies and geographical landmarks in Thane, Bhiwandi and Kalayan.
- It will reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75%
Source: MMRDA | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA