Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited Request for proposal for appointment of Project Management Consultant (PMC) for supervision and monitoring of implementation of MMI facilities at 16 stations of Mumbai Metro Line 4 & 4A (Package 1).
- Tender Reference No: MMRDA/TC/MMI ML4&4A/PMC/Package-1/2023
- Name of Work: Request for proposal for appointment of Project Management Consultant (PMC) for supervision and monitoring of implementation of MMI facilities at 16 stations of Mumbai Metro Line 4 & 4A (Package 1).
- EMD: INR 5,00,000/-
- Document Download Sale/Start Date: 01st Nov, 2023
- Document Download Sale/End Date: 23rd Nov, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 08th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01st Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 23rd Nov, 2023
- Opening Date: 24th Nov, 2023
Background of the Engagement:
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) is the Project Implementing Agency for the Metro Rail Projects in Mumbai Metropolitan Region. MMRDA has already initiated implementation of Metro Line 2A, 2B, 4, 4A, 5, 6, 7, 7A & 9 while works for metro lines 10, 11 & 12 will be commenced soon.
Along with this, to ease access/egress to metro stations, MMRDA has also undertaken Planning and Design of Multi Modal Integration (MMI) plans at Metro stations of Mumbai Metro lines. It was discussed in many forums where the need for accessibility, safety and mobility (last mile connectivity) to Metro stations was justified and deliberated as need of the hour in conformity with the National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP-2006).
Through Multi Modal Integration, efficient dispersal by all modes of transport and last mile connectivity could be planned which will not only relieve the commuters but will also further enhance NMT and PT share, feeder and last mile connectivity through e-vehicles and bicycles will help reduce environmental degradation and pollution.
As per MMI plan, the station influence area will be redesigned for efficient & safe dispersal of traffic and commuters. This includes restructuring/ reconfiguration of Right of Way (ROW) i.e. carriageways and footpaths, shifting/ re-routing of ground and underground utilities (if required), street lights, shifting of Bus stops, providing pickup- drop off bays for Buses/IPT‟s/private vehicles, dedicated metro feeder through e- vehicles, wayfinding maps, signages, traffic signals/ signal cycles, CCTV surveillance, beautification, street furniture and PBS infrastructure.
This infrastructure upgrade is proposed to be carried out in a 500m radius of each metro station area which is the average walking distance for last mile connectivity to Mass Transit Stations. Also, as the 500m radius areas overlap each other, this project will indirectly improve the entire corridor.
Detailed study of the Multi-Modal Integration Plan was carried out through consultant M/s L&T Infrastructure Engineering Ltd for 15 stations on Mumbai Metro Line 4 & 4A. The Project reports and GAD’s will be shared with successful bidders.
Scope of Works:
MMRDA invites proposals for appointment of Project Management Consultant (PMC) for Supervision, Monitoring of Multi Modal Integration facilities at 16 Stations of Mumbai Metro Line 4&4A termed as Package 1. Package 1 includes the following stations of
Metro Line 4 & 4A.
|Sr. No.||Station Name|
|1||Bhakti Park Metro|
|3||Anik Nagar Bus Depot|
Appointment of contractors is also being undertaken by MMRDA simultaneously for execution of works up to an area of 500m radius each of the above 16 stations.
Detailed Scope of Works:
MMRDA is implementing multimodal integration facilities at Stations of Metro Line 4 & 4A (Wadala – Kasarwadvali-Gaimukh)) and is inviting proposals from in Line Project Management Consultant (PMC), having experience of handling similar projects as PMC and maintenance. Following “Terms of Reference‟ are elaborated for information / guidance of prospective PMC.
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) is coordinating the planning, design and construction of the metro rail alignment and has prepared the Mumbai Metro Master Plan (which consists of over 12 metro lines). Out of which, implementation of fully elevated Metro Line 4 & 4A is in the advanced stage of implementation.
As large numbers of commuters are required to be dispersed especially during peak hours, design interventions are required to accommodate and integrate multiple modes (including pedestrian, cycle, Public Transport and IPT) near the station area.
Improving the necessary infrastructure will improve reliability of Public Transport modes, improve access and reduce unsafe conditions. Improving the access/egress and last mile connectivity, infrastructure will also result in enhancement on ridership.
In this regard, MMRDA has studied the immediate station by all modes, through a consultant. (i) M/s LTIEL, (ii) M/s UMTC. Plans and estimates for a total 32 stations on line 4 & 4A (Wadala to Gaimukh) are finalised. As part of the study, every station was studied in detail as MMI concept plans, General Arrangement Drawings (GADs) were prepared.
PMC is required to supervise, monitor and guide contractors in implementing the MMI plans as per concept drawings, GADs prepared by above mentioned Consultants.
Multi Modal Integration Project Components:
- The MMI is proposed to be implemented in a 500 m radius of each metro station. The components covered in the plan is as below:
- Footpath widening
- Cycle Track & docks
- Parking Bays for Bus, Auto, Car/ola/uber pick and drop facility
- Pedestrian crossings
- Junction Improvements, Lane markings
- At grade roads
- Pavement Flexible/Rigid
- Utility Corridor/DUCT
- Utility shifting (if required)
- Storm Water Drain
- Street lighting and Electrical
- Security related infrastructure including CCTV, Control Room, etc.
- Signage & wayfinding maps
- Retaining walls and culverts
- Provision for Landscape elements
- Water supply and piping network for irrigation and landscape purposes.
- Street Furniture, railing, bollards, Benches
- Traffic Signals
- Painting, beatification, etc
- Shop drawings for prototype design of procurement from vendors
Role of PMC:
The services shall include proof checking of designs for civil and system work where the contract is on a design and construct basis. PMC is expected to carry out complete checking, verification and approval to all civil contract design submissions including that of materials, certification of vendor sources and inspection of vendor items wherever needed, supervision of all construction activities including integration of systems, ensuring specifications, standards, safety and quality assurance till completion of works, monitoring and reporting the progress of all works, supervision system integration (i.e CCTV, Passenger information system or PIDS etc) and ensuring commissioning of the entire project in stages as per the target dates laid, at the same time exercising utmost cost control measures.
PMC shall assist MMRDA in dispute resolutions, audit remarks, queries/questions from public representatives, approvals from statutory bodies, and all necessary services. The role of PMC will be in effect till defects liability period. The project report and GADs will be shared with successful bidders.
- In development of the project designs, the desired objectives of the MMRDA would be:
- Speed and Optimal Cost of Construction
- Maintainability, reliability and renewability of the system in the context of the Indian socio-economic and technological environment. The focus will also be on ensuring construction with life cycle low maintenance cost
- Phased construction and commissioning of the project to provide early relief to the city commuters.
- Integration with other modes of transport to improve accessibility and ridership of the Mumbai Metro Rail Project.
- Adoption of the State-of- the- art technology.
- Increased commuter safety
- Reduction in greenhouse gases and improve air quality thus creating more livable environment
- The bidder shall have a minimum 15 years of Total Experience in providing Project Development / Project management / Project Design, Supervision and Management consultancy services in Urban Planning and Urban Transport Planning sector.
- The bidding firm shall have experience as a PMC of at least 03 (three) completed Street Design projects execution works which include footpaths, roads, bus bays, road furnitures, landscaping and/or cycle tracks etc. of minimum Rs. 90 Cr. each in a million plus cities.
- The bidder shall have a positive Net Worth, from the last three financial years (Financial years 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22).
- The Bidder shall have Average Annual turnover Rs. 10 Crores and above for the last 3 consecutive financial years preceding the due date.
Tender documents can be obtained online from MMRDA e-Tendering Portal: https://mahatenders.gov.in/nicgep/app
Source: MMRDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA