Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited Request for Construction of Depot infrastructures comprising stabling yard, depot control centre and administrative building, maintenance and workshop buildings, auxiliary substation, finishing, plumbing, earthworks for land development, compound wall, road, approach bridge and underground utility duct, drainage system, ETP/STP, rainwater harvesting, essential staff quarter etc. complete (including architectural finishing works) for Car Depot at Kanjurmarg for Metro Line-6 of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Tender Reference No: MMRDA/MPIU/ML6/CA-209
- Name of Work: Construction of Depot infrastructures comprising stabling yard, depot control centre and administrative building, maintenance and workshop buildings, auxiliary substation, finishing, plumbing, earthworks for land development, compound wall, road, approach bridge and underground utility duct, drainage system, ETP/STP, rainwater harvesting, essential staff quarter etc. complete (including architectural finishing works) for Car Depot at Kanjurmarg for Metro Line-6 of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated Cost: INR 508,57,17,297/-
- EMD: INR 5.09 Crore
- Contract Period: 30 Months
- Document Download Sale/Start Date: 17th Oct, 2023
- Document Download Sale/End Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 31st Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Opening Date: 01st Dec, 2023
The objective of the Contract is the design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent Works by the Contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
The expressions “Scope of Work” mean the totality of the work by expression or implication envisaged in the Contract, including (but not limited to) the work as detailed in the Tender Documents, and include all work, facilities, material, equipment and labour required for or relative or incidental to or in connection with the preparation for, commencement, any survey, completion, testing, pre-commissioning, start up, commissioning, performance, replacement and/or rectification of any work(s) and/or in the maintenance or inspection of the work(s) and any and all temporary works required for or incidental to any work to the satisfaction of the Engineer/ Employer. The scope of work as mentioned above includes (but not limited to) shall be read in conjunction with the clauses given in Appendix 2.
To provide maintenance facilities for the loco & coaches running on above Corridor, depot- cum-workshop at Kanjurmarg is planned. Civil work of Kanjurmarg Depot to be undertaken in this Contract consists of construction of various buildings and infrastructure, Workshop and Inspection sheds, Stabling yard, Interior cleaning, Automatic car washing plant, Overhead & underground Water Tank and other utility buildings, Depot Control Centre, administrative building, Playback facility rooms, Training rooms, Canteen, Store building, Crew booking facility, Maintenance buildings, Security buildings, at Kanjurmarg, road, culvert and access road, viaduct approach spur complete connecting to depot and underground utility duct works, drainage systems etc including architectural finishing works (includes landscaping).
The scope of work also consists of construction of Depot compound wall, Exit & Entry gates, Earth works for Land development by removal of bad earth and filling with crushed stone /soling, cutting and levelling of good earth, development of outdoor track area with filling of Blanket material etc. complete as per site requirements and as directed by the Engineer.
The scope of work, inter–alia, includes the following but not limited to:
- The scope of work is broadly mentioned in BOQ and as per site requirement and any other work as directed by Engineer In charge.
- The value of the work shall be based on item rates accepted in the letter of acceptance subject to such additions there to or deductions there from as may be made under the provisions of the Contract.
- Civil works also include water supply, ETP/STP, drainage, plumbing, sewerage, cable ducts, road works etc.
- Design of the foundation & pedestal (bolts)for Pre-Engineered Building structure (PEB) over workshop, Inspection Bay, Stabling Yard, Heavy wash plant, Pit wheel lathe plant, Blowdown plant, Ancillary workshop buildings, Parking sheds and wherever required shall be provided by the Contractor after considering the reaction loads of the structural steel by the PEB vendor/designer.
- The plan for the overall depot is enclosed as a Tender drawing showing indicative construction layout. The Civil works shall be carried out as per detailed drawing furnished by Detailed Design Consultant and approved and issued by GC appointed by the Employer. Civil works also include water supply, treatment plants, drainage, sewerage, cable ducts, road works etc.
- In addition, the contractor shall ensure proper interface with other System Contractors as mentioned in appendix 14 of Employer’s requirements and shall also be responsible for project interface with Contracting Agencies of other packages so as to enable overall completion of work for Depot.
- MMRDA wishes to meet LEED / IGBC requirements. The key responsibilities of the Contractor in this regard are outlined below but not limited to:
- Generally, comply with the relevant / local government authorities and statutory bodies in executing the construction works in a manner which would enable the MMRDA to secure the LEED /IGBC certification. Assemble all required record keeping and documentation associated with the Works executed by Contractor to achieve the LEED / IGBC certification.
- In order to offer adequate resistance against corrosion reinforcement bars for superstructure, substructure and foundation works including pile caps shall be provided with Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating (FBEC) as per IS 13620:1993(latest version)/ Cement Polymer Composite Coating (CPCC)of approved manufacturer.
- Soil Resistivity Test will be done by using Wenner Four Pin Method. Five readings (Probe spacing -2 ,4 ,6 ,8 & 10 Metres) per direction. Soil resistivity was measured using Wenner method (4 point) with spacing range varying from 0.5 to 15 metres.
- The measured resistance ‘R’ value was then used to calculate the resistivity using the formula given in IEEE-81 and IS 3043 (both latest editions). Further, Earth resistivity tests also will be performed as per the latest standards, IEEE- 81 and IS 3043 (both latest editions), as per the site requirement and as per Engineer/Employer’s instructions shall be performed by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall also submit results / reports and repeat or perform the remedial activities (as required) within the timelines mentioned by the Engineer/Employer. Engineer/Employer’s decision shall be final and binding to the Contractor.
- Construction work for Staff Quarters including allied works (Civil, E&M, Plumbing, Fire Fighting, parking system etc.)
- The scope of work is broadly mentioned in BOQ as per approved drawings, specifications and as per site requirement, any other work as directed by Engineer In charge.
- The value of the work shall be on item rates accepted in letter of acceptance subject to such additions there to or deductions there from as may be made under the provisions of the Contract.
- The Construction Agency shall execute the complete project including land Development & landscaping as per BOQ & GFC, cutting/filling, construction of buildings, residential floors, overhead tank, underground tank, pumps room, pumping machinery, all MEP related works, etc. watch-man chowki including on-site water supply lines, drainage lines, (as per BOQ & GFC drawings).
- On a turnkey basis with his own materials/designs as approved. Before handing over the building and site to MMRDA, the construction agencies shall obtain certificate for (a) drainage completion & fire fighting installation (b) completion of buildings (c) malaria/ Public Health department (d) building occupation (e) assessment (f) fire safety from CFO/MCGM (g) lift inspection certificate from PWD (h) garden superintendent and certificates from other authorities like Reliance Energy Ltd/TATA power, HSE Certificate, NOC from PCB, IGBC certificate, etc. BEST and all other relevant agencies/ Govt. offices as may be required.
- All statutory approvals are part of Contractor scope and relevant Govt. paid official fee will reimburse at actual on submission of DD/Challan.
- Preparation of all necessary shop drawings including design for equipment/machinery, fire fighting system, parking system, DG Set and its foundation systems, CCTV layout, STP etc.
- The item rates as given in Schedule F of volume 6 are inclusive of all cost but not limited to the cost such as for Plants, Equipment’s, tools, all types of labour, supervision, all materials from the source of supplies as approved by Engineer/Employer including all lead and lifts, 6565556 transport, all temporary works, erection, maintenance, contractors profits & establishment/overheads together with preparation of designs, structural & architectural drawings etc, all general risks, taxes, royalties, duties, cess, octroi and other levies, insurance liabilities and all other obligations set out or implied in the contract for completion of work except otherwise specified in Bill of Quantities.
Architectural Works and Site Development:
- The work under this Contract shall consist of, but not limited to, furnishing all labours, materials, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works relating to:
- Brick /CC block work/ masonry in foundation and in super structure, all wall treatments including plastering, cladding, tiling, and painting.
- Flooring works with Kota stone/ marble/ granite & ceramic, Vitrified tiles etc. as specified at various locations.
- False flooring on pedestal supports as specified.
- False ceiling.
- Veneering to walls and columns using Kota stone/marble/granite/ceramic tiles or similar type of materials as mentioned in specification in column and walls, outer skeleton etc. as specified.
- Waterproofing in sunken floors/ roof and underground and overhead water tanks etc. as specified.
- Aluminium/ pre-laminated particle bonded doors with aluminium frames, aluminium windows with glazing and steel doors with steel frames and M.S. fire check doors of rating 2 hours and flush doors.
- Railing, handrails, balustrades, grilles in stainless steel and mild steel as specified.
- Gates – Rolling shutter (with or without power) and steel gate with architectural elements e.g. fins & louvres etc.
- Paints shall be synthetic enamel/ Epoxy, distemper, oil bound distemper, plastic/ acrylic polyurethane, textured paint and any other as specified.
- Site development works includes GSB laying, Blanket material filling & compaction for track area, construction of roads, grading, sub-base, bituminous roads, concrete roads, precast concrete/interlock tiles, pavers & kerb stones, concrete & stone paving, plaster, water bodies, mounds, closing and diverting of Nallahs etc. as specified.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have completed work(s) during last seven years ending on last day of month previous to the last date of submission of Tender as given below:
- At least one “Similar work” of Value ₹406.80 Crore or more. (including all taxes, excluding GST), or
- At least two “Similar works” each of Value ₹254.25 Crore or more. (including all taxes, excluding GST), or
- At least three “Similar works” each of Value ₹203.40 Crore or more. (including all taxes, excluding GST)
The “similar work” for this Contract shall be “Construction of MRTS or LRTS Depot Cum workshop / Viaduct (including Metro Stations) / underground (including Metro Stations) / Airport terminal and Airport control buildings / IT Park / Commercial mall / Industrial structure/Hospital/ Conventional Centre/ Complex of Residential Building, and
Tenderer shall have completed at least one MRTS/LRTS Depot cum workshop in a single contract during the last 10 years ending on the last day of month previous to last day of submission of Tender.
Tenderer shall have completed at least one Multi Storey Residential building minimum G+15 floors in a single contract during the last 10 years ending on the last day of month previous to the last day of submission of Tender.
Tender documents can be obtained online from MMRDA e-Tendering Portal: https://mahatenders.gov.in/nicgep/app
Source: MMRDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA