Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) has floated e-tenders for Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of open Loop EMV NCMC card & QR code based Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System for Bhopal and Indore Metro Rail Projects.
- Tender Reference Number: 2476/MPMRCL/2023/Package BHIN-07-01
- Name of Work: Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of open Loop EMV NCMC card & QR code based Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System for Bhopal and Indore Metro Rail Projects.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 230 Crores
- EMD: INR 25 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 48 Months (Excluding DLCMP Period)
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 07th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 15th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 26th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 15th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 16th Nov, 2023
Scope of Works:
The scope of the works includes but not limited to design, design coordination with other Contractors, design submission, design approval, supply, manufacturing, FAT inspection, packing, shipping, transportation, storage, delivery, handling, insurance, installation, interfacing, interfacing with other project contractors and interface design submission, integration with other systems, testing at Site & commissioning, Integrated testing with Other Project Contractors, maintenance support, training, documentation, providing DLCMP (Defects Liability and Comprehensive Maintenance Period) Contract for the complete AFC System.
The Contractor shall supply an Automatic Fare Collection System for Bhopal Metro Rail Project and Indore Metro Rail Project (MPMRCL) which shall include the following broad categories of equipment, interfaces and services:
- Station-level equipment and systems;
- Central-level equipment and systems at OCC and BCC locations;
- Interfaces to other systems within the MPMRCL;
- Interfaces to other systems external to the MPMRCL;
- Interface and integration with the selected Bank/Financial Institution(s) for working and integration of EMV NCMC open loop contactless card including cards’ issuances, top-ups, acceptance of card (debit transactions), settlement of transactions, mobile banking, payment gateway and processing payments through digital channels;
- Interface with the Third-Party Mobile Application, Employer’s Website, ERP/AMS systems and ticketing partners, etc as directed by Employer.
- QRTM (Quick Response Ticketing Management): QR-code tickets – physical and on mobile devices;
- DLCMP (Defects Liability and Comprehensive Maintenance Period);
The System shall operate in conjunction with EMV NCMC open loop contactless smart cards; QR code tickets –physical and on digital devices and NFC ticketing. The System shall be hardware-ready in terms of technology capabilities, compliant with relevant standards and suitably certified to support upgrade to Account-based Ticketing in future.
The System shall be capable to accept EMV NCMC open loop contactless cards from all approved payment scheme networks (e.g. RuPay, Master, Visa) and issued from any of the approved banks/financial institutions.
Account based ticketing (ABT) shall be implemented in such a manner that, Employer shall inform AFC Contractor regarding the activation of account-based ticketing (ABT) 2-months in advance, whenever required during the contact period. The System shall be compliant with relevant standards, suitably certified and ready to handle Account-Based Ticketing.
The System shall operate using open, non-proprietary, industry standards and shall be a highly reliable, easily expandable, highly secure, customer friendly facility able to readily accommodate MPMRCL network expansions, future changes in AFC technology and emerging / future standards.
The System security shall include, as a minimum, protection against fraud, theft, falsification of data, false accounting, external threats, denial of service, eavesdropping, loss or corruption of information, masquerading (spoofing) and unauthorised access, etc. Sensitive data pertaining to EMV NCMC cards shall be stored only in ‘tokenized’ form as per the regulations.
The System shall adhere to industry recognized International and National standards and practices published and maintained by organisations such as EMVco, NPCI, PCI- DSS, IEC, ISO, CEN, EN and ISI etc., as applicable.
The major objectives of the System are to provide:
- A Fare Collection System for Bhopal Metro Rail Project and Indore Metro Rail Project as described herein to be fully interoperable with other networks (transit/retail/parking etc.) future phased extensions and services of the MPMRCL.
- Interoperability with other Service Providers, within and outside Bhopal Metro Rail Project and Indore Metro Rail Project in compliance with the government’s objectives of a National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) for seamless connectivity in public transport and to ensure MPMRCL will be able to participate in an open loop smart card market including other transit systems. The System shall be flexible and configurable designed to allow adaptation in a multi-operator environment and government policies.
- Future interoperability with other Service Providers, typically the AFC facilities of other transit networks, such as buses and Indian Railways, and non-transit applications, etc. and in compliance with EN 15320 wherever applicable.
- AFC Contractor shall warrant future interfaces & interoperability (including interoperability within MPMRCL corridors) by providing suitable Application Program Interface (APIs) and other software along with required documentation so as to allow 3rd party vendors to interface with the existing AFC system.
Ticket Types and Fare Media:
The System shall process the types of tickets as per the finalised and approved business rules. The ticket types shall be implemented by following type of fare media:
- Type 1: QR-code (physical and digital)
- Type 2: EMV NCMC open loop contactless card
- Type 3: NFC Ticketing (on NFC devices)
Average annual turnover of the last five financial years should be minimum INR 58.00 Crores.
- At least one “Similar Work” with 34 stations under revenue operation, or
- At least two “Similar Work” each with 23 stations under revenue operation, or
- At least three “Similar Work” each with 17 stations Under revenue operation.
Similar Work for this contract shall mean the work pertaining to “Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System involving any or multiple modes of transport (Metro / light rail/ monorail).
In case of JV/ Consortium, the Lead Partner must have executed “Similar Work” with 23 stations Under revenue operation. In case of JV/ Consortium, the other partner(s) (other than Lead Partner) must have executed “Similar Work” of 15 stations under revenue operation.
If any of “Similar Work” under criteria (a) or (b) or (c) above have been done by foreign partner/entity in its home country then in addition to this (these) work(s), the foreign partner/entity must have done at least one “Similar Work” equal to or more than of 17 number of stations Under revenue operation outside the country of the foreign partner/entity or India also.
The Tenderer shall submit details of Work Experience previously executed by them as a prime contractor/member of JV/Consortium to be considered qualified in the proforma of Appendix – 15 of LOT for above criteria (a) or (b) or (c). Prime contractor shall mean a tenderer who has executed the works in the capacity of the Contractor/Sub-contractor.
For work experience documentary proof client completion certificates shall be submitted clearly indicating the nature and scope of work, actual contractual completion dates. Tenders submitted without this documentary proof shall not be evaluated.
In case the work is executed for a private client the following shall be submitted: copy of the work order(s), bill of quantities, details of payments received, T.D.S. certificates for all payments received (to be certified by Statutory Auditor/ Chartered Accountant) and copy of the final/last bill paid.
If the above “Similar Work” comprises other works also, then client’s certificate clearly indicating the amount of work done in respect of the “Similar Work” shall be submitted by the tenderer in support of work experience along-with their tender submissions.
In case of JV/ Consortium, full Quantum of the work(s), if done by the same JV/ Consortium shall be considered. However, if the qualifying work(s) were done by them in a JV/ Consortium having different constituents, then the Quantum of work(s) as per their percentage participation in such JV/ Consortium shall be considered. This is to be substantiated with documentary evidence.
MPMRCL reserves the right to get verified experience credentials (work experience certificate along with other documents if any) of L-1 Tenderer from the concerned clients. In case of any concealment or misrepresentation of facts, appropriate action(s) in accordance with 184.108.40.206 of ITT shall be taken.
Tenderers may download the tender documents from the official e-portal https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: MPMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Bhopal Metro