Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) has floated e-tenders for Manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of signage and graphics for eight elevated stations (AIIMS to Subhash Nagar) of Orange line in Bhopal Metro Rail Project and sixteen stations (Gandhi nagar to Malviya Nagar Chauraha) of Yellow line in Indore Metro Rail project including Bhopal and Indore Metro Depot.
- Tender Reference Number: 2467/MPMRCL/2023/Package BHIN-13A
- Name of Work: Manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of signage and graphics for eight elevated stations (AIIMS to Subhash Nagar) of Orange line in Bhopal Metro Rail Project and sixteen stations (Gandhi nagar to Malviya Nagar Chauraha) of Yellow line in Indore Metro Rail project including Bhopal and Indore Metro Depot.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 6.35 Crores
- EMD: INR 6,35,000/-
- Completion Period: 300 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 12th Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 26th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 22nd Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 01st Dec, 2023
Scope of Works:
The contractor will undertake the preparation of Signage GADs (General Arrangement Drawings) of all signage to be installed both inside and outside the premises. These GADs will be required to be submitted for approval (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
The contractor will undertake the preparation of Signage Artwork of all signage to be installed as per GADs. These artwork will be required to be submitted for approval (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
The contractor will undertake the preparation of fabrication drawings of all signage types to be installed as per BOQ. These drawings will be required to be submitted for approval. (both in editable soft copy and hard copy).
The Contractor will undertake the Fabrication and Installation of Signage and Graphics based on the design and technical requirements provided by DMRC and will be responsible for coordinating all interfaces between adjacent and interfacing contract packages and disciplines.
The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to, all materials, labour, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works relating to Signage and Graphics.
- Supply, manufacture and installation of a signage system in accordance with the BOQ, Signage’s Schedules and Fabrication Drawings for the public and non public areas including community facilities signs, etc. for both internal and external areas of the stations and hinterland signs at road sides as per the General Arrangement Drawing including all necessary supports, suspenders, fixing, frame work, covers, sign faces, light fittings and fixtures, glazing and finishes as required.
- Provision and installation of sign graphics to sign faces adopting system wise pictograms, symbols and text as given in the signage schedule but not limited to silk-screened graphics, graphics applied in vinyl film to specific substrates and other specified applications.
- Provision and installation of required ducting/conduits, electrical work and cabling to power source associated with illuminated signage limited to the availability of power source within 5 m distance from the location of the sign.
- All cabling, ducting and conduiting required up to ‘Power Source’ from external sources including power fittings, boards, switches etc will not be in the scope of this contract. Here Power Source means the electrical board or switch where the signage contractor is required to connect the cable /wire for electrical connection of illuminated signs.
- Minor civil works associated with foundations to signage and underground cabling or modifications required for installation of the signages and restoring to original (pre-work) structures/finishes.
- Final coordination of the station signage layouts given at tender stage with the civil and system wide contractors.
- Coordination with the Civil and system wide contractors on the mounting and the switching and power arrangements of the signage, both during preparation of shop drawing and production and installation phases of the contract.
- Programming of the manufacture and installation of the signage.
- Preparation of shop drawings and working drawings, fabrication methods, samples mockups and prototypes, and ‘As installed’ drawings.
- Testing and commissioning.
- Supervise and protect all works related to the signage until handing over to the Employer.
- Corrections in graphics due to Spelling and Arrow direction errors as per site conditions.
- Maintenance for specified period.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works of which falling during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of value of INR 5.08 Cr (Excluding GST) or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of value of INR 3.18 Cr (Excluding GST) or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of value of INR 2.54 Cr (Excluding GST) or more.
The “similar work” for this contract shall be “Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Signage and Graphics for Metro Rail/ Monorail/Railways/ High speed Rail/Suburban Rail/ LRT project”.
Tenderers may download the tender documents from the official e-portal https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: MPMRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MPMRCL