Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. (MRVC), under Ministry of Railways (MOR), invites E- bids for The study for implementation of 2x25kV system for VR-DRD suburban section and Panvel-Karjat suburban section with the reliability, safety, efficiency & compatibility and end to end connection with existing 1x25kV system in Mumbai division of Central and Western Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/TA/2x25kV Traction/01
- Name of Work: The study for implementation of 2x25kV system for VR-DRD suburban section and Panvel-Karjat suburban section with the reliability, safety, efficiency & compatibility and end to end connection with existing 1x25kV system in Mumbai division of Central and Western Railway.
- Completion Period: 06 Months
- EMD: INR 50 Thousand
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 10th November, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 12th December, 2022
- Pre-bid Meeting: 18th November, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 10th November, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 12th December, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 12th December, 2022
Scope of services, Task (Components) and Expected Deliverables
- The consultant shall study the existing 1×25 kV traction system of Mumbai Suburban section in Western and Central Railways.
- The consultant shall design a protection scheme for 2×25 kV system as per the requirement of Mumbai Suburban and prepare the technical specification for implementation of 2×25 kV system in Virar-Dahanu and Panvel-Karjat suburban section.
- Virar-Dahanu Road section has existing two lines of 65/107 sq.mm OHE configuration and further two new lines shall be constructed to convert the section into four lines with 2X25 KV system.
- Similarly PNVL-KJT section has an existing single line of 65/193 sq.mm OHE configuration and further two new lines for suburban train operation shall be constructed. Besides there will be more than four lines in station yard area in VR-DRD section and more than three lines in station yard area in PNVL-KJT section.
- The simulation of the power supply system should also be included. The simulation report shall include requirement of power for various scenarios, rating of various power supply equipment’s (Traction Power Transformer, Autotransformer of 2x25kV System, Circuit breaker, CT, PT, LA, Isolator, Battery, Size of Bus bar etc.) and voltage profile of OHE with voltage drop calculation, voltage available at TSS, SSP and SP in different simulation scenarios, sizing of the OHE should also be submitted by simulation software.
- Design Fault level with calculation, Relay setting calculation, relay coordination, detection of high resistance fault, fault location design should also be submitted.
- Also Electrical Clearances as per CEA regulation 2010 & RDSO guidelines are to be considered while designing.
- The consultant shall design OHE configuration for 180 KMPH design speed and 160 KMPH operating speed in 2 x 25 kV OHE system.
- Dynamic simulation of OHE and pantograph interaction at 180/160 KMPH for the proposed OHE configuration as per the design and for 125/150 OHE configuration with 1500/1500 kgf tension as well as for existing 65/107 OHE configuration with 1200/1200 kgf tension shall require to be carried out.
- In order to meet similarity to the existing OHE configuration in Mumbai Suburban system, MRVC intends to use 125/150 sq.mm OHE configuration along with 150 sq mm feeder wire in 2X25 KV system for new lines in Virar-Dahanu Road section and PNVL-KJT sections.
- The design must also include the dynamic and static parameters, flexibility of OHE and its percentage variation at support and at mid span, current collection, pushup at support and midspan with minimum and maximum force of contact wire on pantograph and the vice versa.
- Dynamic simulation study for new OHE wire with 30% & 20% wear & tear on contact wire may also be carried out and results are submitted Simulation software used should be in compliance with EN 50318. Quality of the current collection should meet the criteria given in EN50119 & EN 50367.
- OHE design shall include the configuration wise regulation, ATD, termination, insulator design, gradient, relative gradient of the contact wire, type of mast & foundations with setting distance, type of neutral section and section insulators, capacity of single /double pole isolator, bracket design, feeder wire size and spans with sag on single or multiple lines. General arrangement drawings for OHE on tangent track, curved track, three and four span overlap, turnout, tunnels & bridges etc.
- Earthing and bonding schemes using flat / conductors / aerial earth conductors and buried conductors with touch & step potential shall be designed. The simulation study for efficacy of Earthing & Bonding system for touch & step potential of the rail in normal load and short circuit condition for compliance with EN 50122-1 and IEC 62128-1 (2013), including calculations for touch potential and step potential, earth potential rise under normal and fault condition shall be incorporated.
- Recommendations regarding 2 x 25 KV OHE on open route, tunnel and bridges with minimum & maximum encumbrance and dropper schedule, dropper length at various length of span with respect to various wind pressures with various tension lengths with or without curve to be considered in design.
- Consultant shall explore the latest technologies like GIS equipment based on the availability of land area advised in the tender, which can be employed to handle heavy traction load demands on suburban sections. The technical solution should enhance the safety, reliability & compatibility.
- Submission of Bill of quantities, technical specifications for 2×25 kV system of OHE & PSI including evaluation of life cycle of the system and costing will also be the part of consultancy.
- Consultant shall suggest the various options for adoption of OHE/PSI parameters in sub urban, both for existing corridors as well as proposed new corridors by MRVC along with suitable methodology.
- RDSO has circulated guidelines with 2×25 kV system (TI/IN/0043 Rev.01 dt. 25.02.22) for upgrading speed potential of Delhi-Mumbai routes for160 kmph trains operation.
- Submission of all the reports i.e. inception, draft and the final report along with working papers and design calculations.
Study cum technical tour:
- As the consultant would be submitting new proposals based on best international practices, a study tour is required to be undertaken for the officers and staff nominated by the client to give exposure and familiarize them to the new technological upgrades recommended for adoption by the consultant.
- It will help the officers and staff nominated by the client to familiarize them in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the new equipment/systems, layouts and facilities that are being considered in the report. The consultant will organize 100-man days of Study cum technical tour for MRVC and IR officials.
- The boarding and lodging costs, transportation expenses (air/road/rail travel) from India to the place of study tour shall be borne by the client. However, the consultant shall bear all logistic costs of Study cum technical tour such as tie ups with concerned agencies for Study cum technical tour at different locations, supply of Study cum technical tour material, visits/demonstration of equipment/systems at different places and any other incidental expenses.
- The Study Tour is required to be organized amongst the developed countries where the railway have successfully and substantially implemented advanced Traction power supply systems.
- Trainee man days will be counted from the arrival to the department of the Trainee(s) at the consultant’s assigned study tour Place as per mutually agreed programme excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. However No Study cum technical tour shall be planned on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. The travel time is not included in the Trainee man days.
- Tentatively 2 to 3 batches will be there. 100 man days will be utilised in Minimum 1 batch or Maximum 3 batches. Normally the officers of MRVC/IR will be deputed. The study tour can be organized at mutually agreed 2 to 3 places/countries where the similar traction system is under use.
- Key-expert presence is not mandatory during Study cum technical tour however, one representative (Acceptable to the client) of the consultant should be present during the Study cum technical tour.
- Bidders consisting of a single entity should fill in details as per the row titled single entity bidder and ignore the rows titled Lead partner/JV member.
- In case of a JV partner, row titled single entity bidder may be ignored and the row title pertaining to lead partner and JV member should be filed.
- Year 1 shall be the latest completed financial year, preceding the year of bid opening. Year 2 shall be the year immediately preceding year 1 and so on. If for the year 1 the external auditory figure is not available, the figure certified by the Internal auditor/CA will be acceptable, but for other years the externally audited figures will only be acceptable.
- In case of a single entity Tech-8 is to be duly certified by the Internal auditor /CA of the single entity.
- However, in case of a joint venture each joint venture partner shall submit the form TECH-8 separately duly certified by the respective JV partner’s auditors.
- Principles/Associates/Subsidiaries will fill up this attachment as per their own financials only.
- A copy of the agreement entered into by the joint, venture partners shall be submitted with the bid. Alternatively a ‘Letter of Intent’ (to execute a joint venture agreement, meeting with all specified requirements, in the event of a successful bid) shall be signed by all JV partners and submitted with the bid together with a copy of the proposed agreement. JV agreement duly signed by all JV partners shall form a part of the contract agreement.
- The joint venture agreement should indicate precisely the responsibility of all members of JV. This should not be varied/modified subsequently without the prior approval of the client.
- The joint venture agreement should be Notarized/ registered in India/Mumbai as per the laws of India, so as to be legally valid and binding on all partners during submission of RFP. However, The JV must abide (Legal Statutory, Regulatory etc.) requirements i.e. JV should be registered in India before entering into contract agreement with client.
- The consultancy turnover of the JV partners will be added to arrive at the total and average consultancy turnover of the JV firms. The consultancy turnover of the sub-contractor will not be counted. In case of the single firm the consultancy turnover and average turnover of only the single firm will be counted.
- In computing the technical and financial capacity of the bidder/JV partners their own technical and financial capacity will be considered.
- In case they are subsidiaries/ associates the technical and financial capacities of their respective principals will not be eligible for consideration for this proposal.
- Similarly if the JV partner is a principal then the technical and financial capacities of their subsidiaries will not be eligible for consideration. The technical and financial capacities of the associated will also not be considered.
- However the principal company, subsidiary company and the associate company can submit proposals as a JV. Bidders should submit last 3 years average consultancy turnover details as per Form no. TECH-8.
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in
Source: MRVC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR