Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. (MRVC), under Ministry of Railways (MoR), invites E- bids for General service electrical works in connection with construction of station buildings, service buildings, new platforms, new FOBs, staff quarters, tower wagon shed, OHE Depot, extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs and dismantling of existing structures at various stations between Panvel (Including) and yet to be constructed Karjat Suburban station (including) on Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/W/130/GS/PNVL-KJT
- Name of Work: General service electrical works in connection with construction of station buildings, service buildings, new platforms, new FOBs, staff quarters, tower wagon shed, OHE Depot, extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs and dismantling of existing structures at various stations between Panvel (Including) and yet to be constructed Karjat Suburban station (including) on Central Railway.
- EMD: INR 19,52,000/-
- Period of Work: 1095 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 09th June, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20th July, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 26th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05th July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th July, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 20th July, 2023
Scope of Works:
- The objective of the proposal is to provide a improvement with holistic planning, which allows substantial increase of station’s quality of service, in terms of comfort, facilities and pedestrian fluidity including following:
- Fast and efficient passenger flow: To deal with the level of traffic, existing difficulties in managing passengers’ movement and dispersal.
- Safety and Security: To mend the decrepit structures and provide fire safety in the station area.
- Maximum Passenger Convenience: To make stations equipped in terms of services, commercial facilities, amenities and waiting premises.
- Flexible Interiors: To take care of the fast construction, it is important to adapt the flexible/ modular interiors, so that in a short span of time, facilities can be provided.
- It is planned to upgrade work consisting of provision of FOBs, elevated decks, inter connection between deck/FOBs, skywalk, relocation of Service/ Utility buildings etc., improving entry/exit, improving circulating area, provision of green space, improvement in general lighting and general electrical services etc. at various stations of Central Railways.
- The work involves the removal, relocation, shifting of existing electrical installation, fittings to facilitate the construction works, General Electrification work, smart lighting, Solar Energy in newly constructed service building, structures under New suburban Railway corridor between Panvel- Karjat (Double Line) on Central Railway.
- Along the proposed Station works, there are several electrical installations i.e., LT overhead poles /cables, HT 22/33 KV overhead poles/ underground cables may fall in the infringement area of the proposed work.
- These electrical installations may belong to Power distribution authorities i.e., BEST, Adani, MSEDCL, Railways etc. which may infringe installations are required to be relocated as per the approved plan and scheme.
- The above list is preliminary and tentative. The successful tenderer shall identify all electrical related work/infringements. The infringements and the relocation scheme shall be prepared, and approval of stakeholders shall be taken.
- Necessary coordination with the respective agency shall be done by the successful tenderer. MRVC officials shall extend necessary help in this exercise. Deposition of statutory supervision charges shall be done by MRVC to Power distribution authorities.
- However, coordination, follow up, filling up the necessary forms, complete the formalities, execution work of relocation/removal of complete infringement as per stakeholders specification and requirement under the supervision/ inspection of MSEDCL stakeholders shall be the responsibility of the successful tenderer.
- The area wise infringement plan and scheme shall be prepared for the approval of MRVC in coordination with Power distribution authorities and stakeholder.
- The successful tenderer shall also carry other electrical works, if any, in connection with the work of removal of infringement for the Panvel – Karjat work.
- The work shall be executed as per the GCC, SCC, technical specifications, and explanatory notes as per the tender document.
- The broad scope of this work includes removal/shifting/relocation of infringement of electrical crossing/ fitting/ fans/ equipments, power supply augmentation, laying of HT/LT cables/ Transmission lines, removal/ shifting/ diversion of HT/ LT transmission lines/ cable crossing of Railway supply / MSEDCL/ Adani/ Reliance/ BEST/ TATA or others Local Power supply authorities’ source to distribution and other electrical works in connection with the work.
- The scope will also include but not limited to modification in power distribution system Sub Stations from Railway supply / MSEDCL/ Adani/Reliance/ BEST/ TATA/ Local Power supply authorities’ source to control room / panel room /GS SS. This will also include electrification of various platforms/ FOB`s/Subways, service buildings, surrounding areas, circulating areas, staff quarters etc. at various locations/ stations.
- This chapter deals with technical details and specifications of the accessories that are to be used for this work. It is not the intention to specify completely herein all details and construction.
- However, the accessories to be supplied shall conform in all respects to high standards of engineering, design, workmanship and be capable of performing in continuous commercial operation in a manner acceptable to the Employer who will interpret the meaning of drawings and specification and shall have the power to reject any work on material which in his judgement is not full accordance therewith.
- The specification given below pertains to the entire electrical installations/ cable laying/ equipment installation work at Panel- Karjat Double Line of C. Railway in connection with the work of removal of infringement and General Electrical works for Station.
Special requirement of works:
- The work is spread over Panel- Karjat Double Line in Mumbai Division between Panvel – Karjat stations. Successful tenderer shall carry out survey of Station/locations/ sections, details of infringements, requirements, and methodology of execution of works in close coordination with power distribution authorities, work schedule, processing of various approvals for commissioning of installations including EIG, preparation of drawings for approval & as built drawings etc. as on date of issue of Letter of acceptance.
- During the survey if any new/ additional/modification in infringement is noticed in the proposed layout, Successful bidders shall carry out such additional work as per employer direction.
- On submission of survey report, drawings, work plan and methodology etc., the employer shall convey approval within 60 days.
- Disposal of released materials such as poles, conductors, cables, transformers, small steel parts etc. by Successful tenderers by their own labour and transport to designated place/ depot of power supply utility.
- The specification given below pertains to the entire electrical installation work to be carried out for General Service Electrical Works in connection with construction of Station buildings, service buildings, New Platforms, New FOBs, Staff quarters, Tower wagon shed, OHE Depot, Extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs and dismantling of existing structures at various stations between Panvel (Including) and yet to be constructed Karjat Suburban station (including) on Central Railway.
- Supply of cables, transportation to site, temporary storage, laying, cutting, jointing, diversion & commissioning of 33kV/22kV/11kV/ 2.2kV /1.1kV grade cables & transmission lines laid underground/ over the ground, crossings, on platform, below the tracks, Foot over Bridge (FOB)/ subways/ skywalks, from the railway supply /MSEDCL/Reliance/BEST/TATA/ Local Power supply authorities’ source to Traction Substations/ General service Substation/ Electric room and LT panel to various installations.
- Preparation of existing and proposed HT/LT cable/transmission line route plan, supply, transportation, laying, jointing, testing & commissioning of cables.
- Electrification of platforms, Decks, FOBs, Pathways, service buildings, circulating areas etc.
- Supply and provision of independent earthing system for transformers, HT/LT panel, Feeder, earth stations etc. as per the provision of relevant latest specification & IE rules.
- Supply of pumps, suitable starters, panels, provision of earthing for supply of water fromOverhead tank/ underground tank and connecting to suction and delivery system.
- Dismantling & shifting of released material to nominated sites/ depots with contractors own labour and transportation.
- Temporary shifting & modification to existing power supply network, fittings, fans, electrical equipment etc. infringing civil construction work under the project/contract.
- Supply, erection, testing and commissioning of transformers, HT/LT panels of latest relevant specification.
- Temporary lighting arrangement during night for engineering /Electrical working with contractor light fittings and labour.
- Supplies of materials as per approved brands/ manufacturers indicated in technical specification and are for guidance only. However, the employer reserves the rights to select any other equivalent brand.
- The contractor shall submit the details of documents for supply of material/ equipment to the public mass transport authority/public authority/CPWD in the last five years and have a proven performance certificate.
- The cable route for HT/LT cables if available with Railways shall be provided purely as guidance to the tenderer/ contractor. After awarding contract, the contractor has to survey the entire area where the HT/LT cables/transmission lines are to be laid along with client’s engineers/ Railway representatives to assess the actual quantum of work, prepare his own constructional drawings/plans and submit the same for approval before the commencement of any work.
- Minimum average annual contractual turnover of INR 2402.53 Lakhs including GST calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 5 years, divided by 5 years from 1st April 2017.
- Experience under construction contracts (indicate details of acceptable similar works) in the role of prime contractor, JV member, sub-contractor, or management contractor for at least the last Seven years, starting 1st April 2017.
- The Bidder as a prime contractor or joint venture member or management contractor or sub-contractor must have successfully completed any of the following during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works costing not less than INR 1081.14 Lakhs including GST, or
- Two similar works costing not less than INR 1441.52 Lakhs including GST, or
- One similar work costing not less than INR 2162.28 Lakhs including GST.
- The Similar work is defined as under:
- Definition of Similar Work Execution and having completed any General Electrification work (Excluding Escalator and Elevator) including HT/LT transmission line works, HT/LT subStation works, laying of HT/LT cables, etc.
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in
Source: MRVC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MRVC