Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited (MRVC), under Ministry of Railways (MoR), invites E- bids for Execution of P-Way/Track Linking works including supply of P-Way materials (excluding supply of rails & PSC main line & special sleepers) and supply of ballast, yard remodelling, laying of turnouts, SEJ and other miscellaneous works in Panvel – Karjat Section in connection with Panvel-Karjat double line suburban corridor project under MUTP-III.
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/W/111
- Name of Work: Execution of P-Way/Track Linking works including supply of P-Way materials (excluding supply of rails & PSC main line & special sleepers) and supply of ballast, yard remodelling, laying of turnouts, SEJ and other miscellaneous works in Panvel – Karjat Section in connection with Panvel-Karjat double line suburban corridor project under MUTP-III.
- EMD: INR 34,30,000/-
- Period of Work: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 15th June, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03rd August, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 27th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27th July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd August, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 03rd August, 2023
- Mumbai’s Suburban Railway system is the most efficient, dependable, economical and the fastest mode of transportation available to Mumbaikars. It is like a lifeline for the city of Mumbai without which the city would grind to a halt. Approximately 8 million people use local trains to commute daily.
- To enable the Mumbai Suburban Railway system to meet the demands of the ever growing passenger traffic, the Ministry of Railway (MoR) and the Government of Maharashtra(GoM) set up MRVC, an SPV for implementation of the railway projects under MUTP (Mumbai Urban Transport Project). The cost of the project is shared by MoR& GoM.
- MUTP III was included in the Budget of 2015-16 and it includes the subject projects namely Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu Road Section (64 Km) on Western Railway, Double line commuter corridor between Panvel-Karjat Section (30 Km) on Central Railway, Elevated double line rail link between Airoli-Kalva (4 Km) on Central Railway and Mid-section Trespass control works in Mumbai suburban sections of Central and Western Railways.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Mumbai Urban Transport Project Phase-III on 30.11.2016. However, the scope of present tender includes Construction of Station Buildings, Service Buildings, Platforms, Foot Over Bridges, Quarters, Bridges and Earthwork at all existing stations, yards and in midsection in connection with the Panvel – Karjat double line Suburban Corridor under MUTP-III in 2 LOTs.
- The estimated cost of the MUTP-III project is Rs.8,679 Crore with completion cost of Rs.10,947 Crore. The project is expected to be completed in the next 5 years.
- Central Railway is running services on the existing single line 28.5 km track connecting Panvel with Karjat. This alignment traverses the talukas of Panvel, Khalapur and Karjat of Raigad District of Maharashtra state. It caters to goods and a few long distance passenger trains.
- Presently, The Navi Mumbai area, especially around Panvel, has witnessed significant urbanisation and population growth in recent years.
- The area between Panvel and Karjat is also developing very fast and there is increasing demand for extending the harbour line suburban train services to Karjat.
- The proposed lines will pass through all the existing stations. The proposed lines are exclusively for the Suburban Corridor. The proposed expansion work includes construction of a) new platforms at all existing stations, b) Station buildings, c) electrical substation, d) New stabling sidings, e) Construction of Road over bridge (ROB)/Road under bridge (RUB). This will provide extension of suburban services from CSMT to KARJAT via Panvel.
- MUTP III is funded by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). The prefeasibility study for all the components of MUTP III has been carried out by MRVC and the study reports are available on MRVC Website.
- Detailed designs and drawings (Good for construction drawings) consultancy for all the Bridges and Structures including buildings and other Civil Engineering components to be provided to execution work contractors for the above projects, including association during entire project execution (project management of designs) have also been awarded.
- The Work on the Construction of Panvel – Karjat double line Suburban Corridor under MUTP-III is to be constructed as an electrified (2 x 25kV AC- 50 Hz) double line track, capable of operating at a maximum train speed of 110km/h. All the bridges, culverts and the entire embankment and cutting shall be constructed for “25 MT loading (25 tonnes axle load)”. The details of the Work required to be executed in this bid are defined in the ensuing paragraph in “Scope of Works”.
Scope of Works:
- Linking of Main Line Track for Two Lines of the Proposed Panvel-Karjat Suburban corridor (From Ch. -400 at Panvel to Ch: 29600 at Proposed Karjat Suburban Terminus Excluding Ballastless Track (about 3360 metres in each Line) in Tunnels. Using 60 Kg 260 metres Long 20 Rail Panels with all necessary fittings as per BOQ.
- Linking of Passenger Running Sidings using 60 Kg 26 metre long Rails, Total Length about 9100 Metres with all necessary fittings as per BOQ.
- Linking of Non-Passenger Running Sidings/Stabling Lines using 60 Kg 13 metre long Rails, Total Length about 6200 Metre with all necessary fittings as per BOQ.
- Supplying, Fixing and Linking of Track on H-Beam Channel Sleepers & Fittings as per IRS.
- Supplying Assembling of PSC Sleepers, Thick Web Switches andWeldable CMS Crossings with all necessary fittings and Linking of Track for 1:12 Turn Outs.
- Supplying Assembling of PSC Sleepers, Thick Web Switches and Weldable CMS Crossings with all necessary fittings and Linking of Track for 1:8.5 Turn Outs
- Supplying Assembling of PSC Sleepers & Switches with all necessary fittings and Linking of Track for Derailing Switches.
- Supply Of Small Track Machines as per the BOQ.
- Supply of Ballast for the Track at Locations on Cess and Depots as decided by Engineer-In-Charge.
- Supply & Fixing of Speed Restriction Boards, Bridge Boards, Section Boards, LWr boards etc. as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- Supply and Fixing of Hectometer Boards, Fouling Marks etc. by using concrete as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- Carrying out Shallow-Screening and Deep Screening of Track as Decided by the Engineer in Charge.
- Maintenance of Track for the Prescribed Period after opening of Section.
- Transportation and stacking of Old and new Rails from the Locations as Directed by the Engineer in Charge.
- Unloading Of EUR Rakes Carrying 10/20 Rail Panels of 60 KG Section.
- Loading/Unloading of Free Rails/Switches/CMS Crossings and Other Materials as Directed by the Engineer In Charge.
- Dismantling & Stacking of Existing Track at Locations as Directed by The Engineer In charge.
- Construction of Trolly Refuge and Other Such structures as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- Supply of SEJ along with PSC Sleepers and all necessary fittings as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- Supply of Thermit Weld Portion & Carrying out AT Welding of Rail Joint with all Consumables as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- Carrying out Flash Butt Welding of Rail Joint by Contractor’s Own Mobile Flash Butt Welding Plant with all Consumables as Directed by Engineer in Charge.
- USFD Testing of Rail Joints welded by AT Welding Process/ Flash Butt Welding Process by the Agency.
- Leading and Spreading Of Ballast as per The IRPWM in Track.
- Assisting in Loading/ Unloading of Ballast from BOBBYN Rakes.
- Boxing and dressing of ballast where the ballast train has been unloaded.
- Cutting/Cropping/Drilling of Holes in rails as Directed by Engineer-In-Charge.
- Anti-Corrosive Paintings of Rails as Directed by EngineerIn-Charge.
- Destroying of LWR as Directed by Engineer-In-Charge.
- Carrying out Pre & Post Tamping Operations as Directed by Engineer-In-Charge.
- Fabrication,Assembly In Situ G3(L) Type Glued Insulated Rail joints
- Supply of Unskilled labour to assist as well as helping the MRVC persons during execution of work at site.
- Protection of track as specified in the technical specification and Indian Railway P.way manual and ensuring safety of running track at the work sites.
- Fabricating, supplying and fixing of 6 to 8 mm thick steel chequered plate conforming to IS: 3502 for pathway, trolley refuges, floor for the bridge.
Assembly and laying of turnouts:
- The turnouts should be assembled on a uniform layer of stone ballast of specified thickness for which payment will be made under the item of running out of ballast.
- The stock joint of the switch to be kept perfectly square.
- All fittings and components as per standard drawing of turnouts are to be provided and they will be fully tightened. This item includes provision of switch and crossing gauge tie plates.
- Rail closer for turnouts will be cut as per standard drawing for the turnouts on PSC sleepers.
- Provision of stretcher bars and allied fixtures will have to be done in collaboration with S&T department.
- Holes and cuts will be paid extra.
- The Turnouts will be assembled as per RDSO Drg.No.T-4733 & 4734 for 1 in 12 (52 Kg), T4866 and 4877 for 1 in 8 1⁄2 (52 Kg), T-4219 and 4220 the standard drawings. For 1 in 12 (60 kg), T-4966 and 4967 for 1 in 8 1⁄2 (60 Kg).
- For making machine joints, a drill of 27.5 mm or 28 mm will be used.
- Tongue rail will have to be set flush with stock rails over the tapered portion of tongue rail by jim-crowing and other adjustments like packing, lifting of adjoining switch and the length of stretcher bars etc.
- Opening of 115 mm will be provided at both LH & RH sides of the toe of the switches.
- The gap between the top of the leading stretcher bar and bottom of the stock rail should not be more than 1.5 mm on both LH and RH sides.
- This item includes fixing of gauge tie plate on switch portion and may involve filing of butt plate, drilling of additional hole etc. for setting of switch.
- This item will be carried out in collaboration with the S&T department.
- In the switch portion contractor has to carry out all ancillary works for S&T requirement i.e. housing of tongue rail with stock rail, for adequate length, grinding of head of stud bolt, grinding of special chairs etc. as directed by Site Engineer.
- This work should be finished during traffic blocks only. The payment of assembly can be made after completion of works of S&T requirement on producing written certificate from Site Engineer.
Average Annual Construction Turnover:
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of Rs. 656.00 Million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 5 (Five) years, divided by 5 (Five) years.
General Construction Experience:
- Experience under construction contracts (indicate details of acceptable similar works) in the role of prime contractor, JV member, sub-contractor, or management contractor for at least the last 5 years, starting 1st April, 2018.
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in
Source: MRVC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR