The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) invites bids for design and construction of about 18 km of viaduct between Anand and Sabarmati including HSR stations at Ahmedabad and Sabarmati for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail corridor. The alignment also has 31 crossing bridges including 6 (six) Steel truss bridges.
In last few days, NHSRCL has opened three (03) technical bids covering 64% (325 km out of 508 km) of the total MAHSR alignment including five (5) HSR stations (Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch and Anand/Nadiad) out of 12 stations.
Ahmedabad HSR Station:
Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail will traverse through Western Railway’s Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station and shall be integrated with Saraspur side of the existing Ahmedabad station. Ahmedabad HSR station will be built over the existing railway platform no. 11 & 12.
- To ensure seamless integration of the HSR station with other modes of rail transport, NHSRCL has designed a user-friendly station layout for Ahmedabad.
- An integrated Building for passenger transit is planned on east side of the existing railway station, where Passengers will be able to swiftly switch from one mode to another.
- This building will be equipped with escalators and elevators and will house many passenger convenience facilities like Booking office, Passenger lobby, tea/coffee kiosks and other amenities etc.
- The integrated building shall provide connections to Western Railway existing foot over Bridges to facilitate passenger movement to & fro IR Platforms and underground metro station on Saraspur side.
- The construction of HSR station over existing railway lines will be quite challenging. Along the railway tracks there are multiple utilities like platform sheds, offices, signalling and telecom cables, pipelines, electrical cables, tracks etc, which are being shifted before the commencement of the construction activities.
- The functional offices of Ahmedabad railway station have already been relocated.
- Carrying out construction activities of HSR station alongside ongoing Ahmedabad Mega metro construction, moving man & machinery over existing railway lines without disrupting passenger & cargo traffic at Ahmedabad Railway Station will also be challenging.
Sabarmati HSR Station:
Sabarmati being the terminal station of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor, NHSRCL has planned to develop it as a vibrant Multimodal Transport Hub in the region.
- To achieve seamless integration of various transport modes around the HSR station, a multi-modal transit terminal has been planned on the East side of Sabarmati HSR station which shall ensure smooth traffic flow in the influence area of HSR station.
- The Multi Modal Integration schemes focus on integration of existing and planned transit facilities in the station area.
- The available Right of Way (RoW) along existing road network has been optimally utilized for planning the inflow/outflow of estimated traffic in horizon years.
- A new Road Under Bridge (RUB) has already been constructed to provide direct entry to proposed site of Sabarmati HSR station.
- This will facilitate station construction without interference with existing railway network on day to day basis.
The NHSRCL has issued Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Design Horizons for the Consultancy services for design and development of General Arrangement Drawings, structural, architectural, landscaping, internal roads, water supply, sewer, storm water drains, internal and external MEP services, assistance in statutory approval etc. for Construction of Various offices in Vadodara in connection with Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project.”
Scope of work:
- According to the Tender document, the scope of works includes providing consultancy services for Construction of various offices at Vadodara in connection with Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project. The tentative list of offices is as follows:-
- Divisional Engineering Training Centre
- Senior Section Power office
- Senior Section P-Way office
- Senior Section works office
- Senior Section Bridge office
- Accidental Relief Medical Van Office
- Health Inspection office
- SCST office
- The approximate area of construction of the above listed 8 offices together is 1781 Sqmt. The list of office and the approximate construction area mentioned above are tentative, and the same can be varied as and when required.
- The consultant has to develop General Arrangement Drawings, Architectural design and drawings, structural design and drawing, landscaping design and drawing, internal road design, water supply and sewerage design, storm water drain design, internal and external Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing services, detailed estimation including rate analysis, providing assistance for approval from statutory authorities, railway authorities, local bodies etc., proof checking of structural design and drawings from reputed engineering college.
- The consultant has to prepare Design Basis Report, Mathematical Model using STAAD/Etabs & SAFE from approved architectural drawings and plans. Detailed drawing of foundation, column, floor beam, slab, stairs, retaining wall etc. All structural design and drawings should be proof checked from reputed engineering college as approved by NHSRCL. Any fee required for proof checking will be paid by NHSRCL.
- The consultant has to provide comprehensive consultancy services in respect of the followings:
- Taking NHSRCL’s instructions and preparation of design brief.
- Site evaluation, analysis and impact of existing and or proposed development on its immediate environs.
- Site survey and soil investigation.
- Architectural design and drawings.
- Structural design and drawings.
- Design of sanitary, plumbing, drainage, water supply and sewerage system.
- Design of electrical, electronic, communication, acoustic systems.
- Design of Heating, ventilation and air conditioning design (HVAC) and other mechanical systems.
- Fire detection, Fire protection and Security systems etc.
- Provisions for future expansion.
- Landscape design and drawings.
- Drawings, documents and assistance for statutory approval and Railway Authorities.
- Carrying out all the corrections, modifications as per the request of authorities.
- Detailed cost estimation and assistance in tendering process.
Source: NHSRCL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL