Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Architectural finishing works including design, fabrication, supply, erection & roof sheeting of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) structures and design & construction of external facade, water supply, sanitary installation, drainage, site development works at Five (05) Elevated Stations namely Swami Samarth Nagar, Adarsh Nagar, Jogeshwari (W), JVLR & Shyam Nagar of Mumbai Metro Line-06 Project.
- Tender Reference Number: DMRC/MU/LINE-6/BC-06
- Name of Work: Architectural finishing works including design, fabrication, supply, erection & roof sheeting of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) structures and design & construction of external facade, water supply, sanitary installation, drainage, site development works at Five (05) Elevated Stations namely Swami Samarth Nagar, Adarsh Nagar, Jogeshwari (W), JVLR & Shyam Nagar of Mumbai Metro Line-06 Project.
- Approximate cost of Work: INR 123.58 Crores
- EMD: INR 61.79 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 29th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 09th Oct, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 20th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03rd Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 09th Oct, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 10th Oct, 2023
This is a MMRDA funded work. As per the MOU signed between DMRC and MMRDA, this work is being executed by DMRC on deposit work basis wherein there is provision of closure of contracts and taking over which is reproduced as below. Accordingly, Tenderer shall ensure due closure of this Contract for execution of works with DMRC.
Tenderer shall ensure that all risks, rewards and claims associated with this contract are settled before closure of this contract. Tenderer to note above while submitting a bid with DMRC. However, if this closure is not possible within one year of Revenue Operation Date (ROD) due to arbitration etc. The further management of this contract will be handled by MMRDA.
There are three Contract Packages for Architectural finishing works of 13 stations of Line 6, Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli (EEH) corridor of Mumbai Metro Rail Project viz. DMRC/MU/LINE6/BC/04, DMRC/MU/LINE6/BC/05 & DMRC/MU/LINE6/BC/06 tendering processes for which are running concurrently.
Tenderers must note that only 2 (Two) out of these 3 (three) contract packages will be awarded to a contractor either in individual capacity or to a joint venture / consortium in which they are member(s) while they can participate in all three Contract packages. Tenders are cautioned that this condition will be applicable even if some member(s) of the JV/consortium are different in respective tenders.
Tenders for these three contract packages would be awarded in order of random sequence i.e. any tender package would come up for finalisation earlier than the other, but the financial package of the party who is lowest in two contract packages or in whose favour the Employer has finalised two Contract Packages out of the three Contract Packages, would not be opened in the remaining contract packages.
Scope of Works:
Architectural Finishing & Site Development Works:
The work includes architectural finishes consisting of Flooring works, Cladding, Painting, SS work, MS work, False ceiling, Aluminium, Fire doors, metal doors, Glass work, Glazing works, Counters, Toilet cubicles, Waterproofing, GRC etc. complete.
The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to, furnishing all labours, materials, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works relating to:
Architectural work comprises of:
- Flooring works with Kota stone/ marble/ granite/hardonite/IPS, epoxy, vitrified tiles & ceramic tiles etc. as specified at various locations.
- Veneering to walls and columns using kota stone/marble/granite/ceramic tiles or similar type of materials as mentioned in specification in column and walls, outer skeleton etc. as specified.
- All wall treatments including plastering & painting work etc. Paints shall be synthetic Enamel/ Epoxy, Distemper, Oil bound distemper, Plastic/ Acrylic Emulsion, Polyurethane (PU), Textured paint, Anti-carbonation and any other as specified.
- False flooring on pedestal supports as specified. False ceiling Metal/Gypsum Board/Calcium Silicate Board work. Waterproofing in sunken floors/ roof/toilet area and underground and overhead water tanks etc. as specified.
- Aluminium/ pre-laminated particle bonded doors with aluminium frames, aluminium doors, windows with glazing. Steel doors with steel frames and M.S. fire check doors of rating 2 hours and Metal doors.
- Railing, handrails, balustrades, grilles in stainless steel (SS) and mild steel (MS) as specified. Glazing works including Laminated Glass/Frameless glass/ toughened glass etc.
- Gates – Rolling shutter and steel gate with architectural elements e.g. fins & louvres etc. AAC Block masonry work.
- Site development work includes GSB & WMM laying & compaction, construction of roads, grading, sub-base, bituminous roads, concrete roads, precast concrete/ interlock tiles, pavers & kerb stones, bollards, concrete & stone paving, plaster, water bodies, mounds etc. as specified. Any other works as directed by Engineer-in-charge.
Plumbing, Drainage & Sanitary Works:
The work includes Water supply, Sewer line, Drainage, Sanitary installation, Toilets Cubicles etc. complete. The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to, furnishing all labours, materials, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works relating to:
- Plumbing & sanitary works for toilets and provision of water tanks, treatments, boosting and installation of various sanitary fixtures and appliances as per requirement, cPVC, u PVC & RCC pipe for water, soil& waste, Storm water drainage & disposal of sewage into sewer lines or by other alternative method.
- Storm water drainage system including drainage of the roof and railway tracks consisting of vertical rainwater pipes and open / underground drainage system.
Civil structure is a precast Prestressed/RCC structure, hence the column locations of PEB are already fixed and shown in the drawing. The PEB structures along with other supporting structures shall be designed accordingly.
Main columns & bracings, Eaves beams, Roof purlins & cleats, Purlin sag rods and struts, Roof rafters, Provision for solar panels over roof, Truss bracings and runners, Side cladding posts, runners & cleats, Holding down bolts, Rain water gutters including rainwater pipes, Profiled, Galvanised pre-coated metal sheets for roof and side cladding with or without insulation as per drawings/ specifications, Profiled, U-V treated polycarbonate sheets for roof lighting, Louvers with wide/ narrow slots, Structural Glazing as per drawing and requirement.
Design of Pre Engineered steel buildings including portals, purlins, roof sheeting, gutters, down take pipes etc. for five elevated stations. This includes roof for platforms as well as roofing for entry/exit staircases from ground to concourse & for connecting corridors at station. The design shall be done considering the wind speed of 50 m/s.
All the fabrication works involve welding of structural steel plates. Only Automatic Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) is permitted. All the site connections of fabricated members shall be done by using HSFG bolts. Hence, the contractor has to make the holes for the site bolted connection while fabricating the members.
All the HSFG bolts and its compatible nuts and washers shall also be supplied by the contractor. All the plates used for fabrication have to be sand/shot blasted and coated with primer and internal and external painting coats as specified in Outline Design Specifications (Design Criteria) and Outline Construction Specifications.
The fabricated members are required to be loaded and transported to individual station sites for assembly and erection etc by the Contractor.
Tenderers will arrange the design of PEB steel roof structure with all its connections and related components as per Outline Design Specifications (Design Criteria), Outline Construction Specifications for Civil Works for structural steel members shall be as per Volume 4 of Tender Documents. Tenderers are required to submit with technical bid the following details:
- General arrangement drawing of all buildings showing all structural elements including Metal and Polycarbonate sheet along with their connections, bracings, sag rods, holding down bolts etc. The metal sheet shall have Minimum Base Metal Thickness (BMT) of 0.5mm
- Sizes of all major members including purlins, portals, gutters, down take pipes etc. List of codes of standards in addition to those mentioned in specifications. Basic design calculations establishing sizes of structural members.
Fabrication, supply & Erection of PEB structure of elevated stations as per Outline Design Specifications (Design Criteria), Outline Construction Specifications for Civil Works will include the following but not limited:
- Preparation of complete detailed fabrication drawings based on the design drawings, required for all the permanent structures.
- Procurement of all raw steel materials for fabrication, taking into account wastage margin, including storage and upkeep of the materials.
- Providing all materials, labour, tools and plant and all consumable required for fabrication and supply of all necessary bolts, nuts, washers with necessary wastage margins.
- Fabrication of the steel works in accordance with the approved fabrication drawings, including all shop assembling, matching and marking including grouting of portals/column with non shrinkable polymer grout. Design, manufacture/fabrication and provision of all jigs, fixings, manipulators etc. required for the fabrication.
- Painting to all fabricated steelwork, as per requirements of the related specification of the painting and as per Outline Construction Specifications for Civil Works.
- Suitability marking, bundling and packing for transport of all fabricated materials. Preparing and furnishing detailed bill of materials, drawing Office dispatch lists, Bolts Lists and any other lists of bought out items required in connection with the fabrication of the structural steel work.
- Loading and transporting all fabricated steel work and field connection materials to the site of respective elevated stations for receiving, unloading, proper stacking and further handling etc.
- The contractor shall be completely responsible for proper and safekeeping of fabricated structure till the same is erected at respective elevated stations site.
- Making access to site at any location to facilitate movement of vehicles, cranes, machineries etc. and preparation of area for positioning of cranes and any other machinery to facilitate erection including removal of any construction material and restoration of area to its original condition after completion of work.
- The contractor shall be completely responsible for any damage, scratches, dirt marks etc to the PEB members till the handing over of the same. At the time of handing over, the dirt marks, spots, if any shall be cleaned & repaired as per the satisfaction of Engineer-in-charge by the contractor at their cost.
Provision of roof sheeting, facia, gutters etc. complete with down take pipes etc. including purlins, runners, sag rod etc. Provision for fixing E&M, OHE and Signalling/Telecommunications equipment in the station steel roof structure is also included in scope of work with due interface with respective System Contracts.
The contractor shall be responsible for complete erection of steel roof at elevated stations in all respects. The contractor shall ensure the presence of the qualified and experienced Engineer during complete erection work at site to solve problems related to fabrication and for smooth completion of work at site.
All major modifications of the fabricated steel structures, as directed by the Engineer, including but not limited to the following:
- Removal of bends, kinks, twists etc. for parts damaged during transport and handling. Cutting, chipping, filling, grinding etc. if required for preparation and finishing of site connections.
- Reaming of holes for use of higher size bolts if required. Re-fabrication of parts damaged beyond repair during transport and handling or re-fabrication of parts, which are incorrectly fabricated.
- Fabrication of parts omitted during fabrications by error, or subsequently found necessary. Drilling of holes which are either not drilled at all or are drilled in incorrect locations during fabrication.
- Carry out tests in accordance with the related Specification. No modification shall be permitted at site.
Any other item of work as may be required to be carried out for completing the fabrication or erection of steel roof for elevated stations buildings including all necessary interfaces works with DMRC & its authorised system-wide contractors in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the Contract.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one ―similar work of value of INR 98.87 Crores or more, or
- Two ―similar works each of value of INR 61.79 Crores or more, or
- Three ―similar works each of value of INR 49.43 Crores or more.
The Similar works for this contract shall be, Architectural finishing works or complete Civil & Architectural finishing (Internal / External) of Metro Station/ Depot/ any Building (which may include stone work, façade, footpath, internal roads & plumbing works etc.) and Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) works, wherein the value of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) works must be Rs.18.61 Crores or more in any one work.
In case, the similar work as specified above does not include Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) works‖, then bidder has to submit one separate Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) work of value Rs.18.61 Crores or more executed by them in any other single contract.
Further, in case the bidder submits the composite work including Civil and architectural finishing(which may include stone work, façade, footpath, internal roads & plumbing works etc.) then the minimum value of Architectural finishing in one work shall be Rs. 49.43 Crores or more.
Further, in case the bidder does not have required work experience of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) works of value of Rs.18.61 Crores or more in a single work and intends to engage a subcontractor for this work, the sub-contractor must have executed work of Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) works of value of Rs.18.61 Crores or more in a single work.
Bidders shall submit an undertaking in this regard along with their technical bid. If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value INR 49.43 Crores or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA