In a move toward simplification of procedures, so far 38 contracts have been awarded using e-auction by North Central Railway for parcel leasing, pay and use toilet, parking, commercial publicity, ATM, etc. and earned an income of 266.50 lakh through this.
- 38 contracts have been finalised through e-auction in North Central Railway.
- Annual earning of Rs 266.50 lakh has been released so far
- E-auction of 10 contracts finalised in Prayagraj division
- E-auction a fast and transparent process
- Bidder can bid by registering on IREPS website with a registration fee of only Rs.10,000
- It is worth to be informed that out of 678 assets, under non-fare revenue, 406 assets were auctioned and 10 contracts were allotted through e-auction by Prayagraj Division North Central Railway. For the first time, contracts for 07 assets were awarded through e-auction. At present, successful e-auction of 10 assets has been done in Prayagraj division, which include 01 parking, 03 pay and use toilets and 06 commercial advertisement related contracts.
- In which contracts of parking at Sonbhadra, Pay and Use toilets at Kanpur, Etawah and Tundla and commercial advertisements at Prayagraj Junction, Kanpur Central, Naini, Prayagraj Chheoki, Khurja and Govindpuri stations were awarded through e-auction, with an annual total earning of about Rs. 67 lakhs. A total Revenue of Rs. 2 crore 29 lakh is likely to be received by Prayagraj Division during the complete contract period.
- Similarly in Agra division contracts awarded through e-auction include a parking contract at Agra Cantt, and for commercial advertisement at Goverdhan & Nadbai.
- The contracts awarded through e-auction over Jhansi Division include parking contracts at Gwalior, Datia, Khajuraho and MauraniPur stations; Pay and Use toilets contract at Chitrakoot, Gwalior, Morena, Veerangana Laxmibai Jhansi and Datia and commercial advertisement contract of Banda, Lalitpur, Orai, Chitrakoot, Morena, Dabra, Tikamgarh, Chitrakoot , Gwalior, Chhatarpur, Datia and Veerangana Laxmibai Jhansi stations were awarded.
- Railway Board had issued guidelines on 13.06.2022 for award of commercial contracts through e-auction. Under this, it has been ensured to award commercial contracts like parcel leasing, pay and use toilets, parking, commercial publicity, ATMs, etc. through e-auction.
- The bidder becomes eligible to participate in any auction after depositing ₹10,000 as registration fee and registering himself on the IREPS website.
- Under the e-auction, the bidder has to register himself in the IREPS website and for this, one time ₹ 10,000 has to be deposited as registration fee through the IREPS website and the bidder has to open his current account in SBI Bank.
- The e-auction process is completely online, being online will increase transparency and trust. With this policy, any bidder can bid from anywhere. Earnest money at the time of bidding has also been reduced as compared to earlier. If the bidder does not get the contract, the earnest money will be refunded immediately, whereas earlier this amount was not refundable till the contract is awarded.
- Along with this, in this process, the bidder gets to know how many people are participating in the e-auction and how many are bidding out of them. Through the e-auction process, the time taken in contracts, paper work will also be reduced.
- The scope of inviting buyers through e-auction is also expected to increase, earlier the bidder had to come to the office for the tender process, but now bidding can be done from anywhere.
- Thus hereby simplifying the complex, traditional and time-consuming process. Apart from this, youth will also get a chance to be a part of the e-auction process. This will facilitate easy working, promote transparency and give impetus to the Digital India initiative in Railways.
Source: North Central Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR