Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) has floated a tender for supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) works of 12 Nos. of Stations in Reach-2 extension and 2 Nos. of Depots under Nagpur Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.
- Tender No: N2-027/E&M-02/2023
- Name of work: Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) works of 12 Nos. of Stations in Reach-2 extension and 2 Nos. of Depots under Nagpur Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.
- Approximate Cost: INR 70,07,52,143/-
- EMD: INR 35 Lakhs
- Contract Period: 30 Months
- Document Download Start Date: 07th Nov, 2023
- Document Download End Date: 12th Dec, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 21st Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 07th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 12th Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 13th Dec, 2023
The objective of the contract is the construction, completion, testing and commissioning of the Permanent Works by the contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
The performance of the Permanent Works shall comply with the specific core requirements contained in these Employer’s Requirements-Functional.
The Permanent Works shall be designed (if applicable) and constructed to the highest standards available, using proven up-to-date good Engineering practices.
The Specifications shall in any case not specify standards which, in the Engineer’s opinion, are less than or inferior to those described in the Design Basis Report (Design Criteria) and Technical/Construction Specifications contained in the Tender Documents.
Construction shall be carried out employing the procedures established by the Contractor in his Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental management plans.
The Contractor shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals from the relevant Public/Government/Local/Statutory or any agencies in the design and construction of the works.
Scope of Works:
- The scope of work in brief is given below but the scope includes all other requirements stipulated in various parts/volumes of the contract document including appendices and annexures. Entire scope of work shall be included in Schedule A, B, C and D (Schedules of BOQ) and described in Employer’s Requirements- Functional.
- E&M works including Electrical, HVAC, Fire Fighting, Fire detection and related civil works at 12 no of stations which may include stations in Reach-02 and other reaches wherever civil access is provided within the completion period of this contract. Tentative layout of the Stations is being provided in the GAD.
- All detailed designs, structural drawings for the permanent structures shall be furnished by the Engineer for the scope of work under this section. Payment of the works under this section will be made under the relevant schedule of the BOQ. For the works for which payment is to be made on measurement basis, shall be executed and measured as per metric units given in the Schedule of Quantities, drawings etc.
- A method statement regarding the construction in accordance with the specification mentioned in this contract, shall be submitted by the Contractor for approval of the Engineer, well in advance of the commencement of work.
- The classification of various items of works for purposes of measurements and payments shall be as per Bills of Quantities (BOQ). Except where distinguished by BOQ, the rates apply to all heights, depths, leads, lifts, sizes, shapes and locations.
- They also cater for all cuts and wastes. No height wise / floor wise separation shall be made for the rates. Likewise all heights of centering, shuttering, staging, formwork and scaffolding, launching trusses and other launching methods are covered by the quoted rates including multi stage propping for heights greater than one lift / floor as per drawings.
- The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to all materials, labour, equipment, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute all the works related to E&M works and shall be paid on item rate basis under relevant head of schedule of BOQ.
- The cost for adopting the provisions laid under this chapter is deemed to be included in the rate quoted against the various schedules of BOQ.
- Contractor will be responsible for providing a complete workable E&M, Fire Fighting and Fire Suppression system, VAC system, DG Sets and BMS/SCADA systems, as per BOQ and detailed technical specifications enclosed, including necessary Interfacing with the other contractors (Civil works, S&T, Traction etc.).
- Contractor will be responsible for preparation of Shop drawings. Obtaining various statutory approvals CEIG (Chief Electrical Inspector to Govt. of India) approval for various Electrical Installations for energising the system, Local Fire Authority clearance and No Objection Certificate for energising complete Fire protection system including Fire Fighting ,detection and Fire suppression systems and Water supply & sewage with Nagpur Municipal corporation.
- The work includes providing training of approx. 7 trainer days to NMRCL staff for each of the E&M Systems, Fire Fighting, Fire Alarm Annunciation system, Air-Conditioning system, DG Sets and BMS/SCADA etc. along with training documents / soft copies of training manuals.
- Contractor will maintain all the systems in a comprehensive manner including all kinds of spares and consumables without any extra cost during the Defect Liability period of 2 years from the date of taking over.
- Equipment/material approval proposals shall be supported with the compliance of Specifications, Standards & BOQ by the Contractor. The proposals shall be submitted with the Manufacture drawings bill of material and the G.T.P (Guaranteed Technical Particular) of the equipment/material along with the Type test certificates (not more than 5 years old) of the various equipment/ material, as per requirement.
- All the material shall be inspected by NMRCL representatives prior to dispatch of material. However, the contractor will be fully responsible for compliance of tender specifications and performance of equipment/systems as per tender conditions.
Submittal of Data:
- The Contractor shall submit to the client / consultant complete information regarding details of materials and equipment involved, prior to any purchase or manufacturing operation.
- Any purchase or manufacturing operations carried out prior to obtaining approval from the client shall be at the Contractor’s sole responsibility.
- Information of equipment shall be separately submitted by listing all the details and with attached catalogue indicating at least the model, series, size and performance.
- Such data shall be in sufficient detail to enable the client / consultant to identify the particular product and to form an opinion to its conformity to the Specification.
- The Contractor shall stamp the name of his company and sign all documents to be submitted for Notice of No objection.
Average annual financial turnover of the bidders during the last three years ending 31st March of the previous financial year should be at least 30% (INR 21 Cr) of the estimated cost.
Minimum Experience under Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) works contracts in the role of prime contractor/ subcontractor /JV member during the period ending 31st March 2023.
Successfully completed or substantially completed similar works specified below during last five years ending last day of month previous to the one in which applications are invited should be either of the following:
- Should have Substantially completed and have received at least INR 56 Crores towards single Contract of similar work, or
- Should have Substantially completed and have received at least INR 35 Crores in each of the two Contracts of similar work, or
- Should have Substantially completed and have received at least INR 28 Crores in each of the three Contracts of similar work.
Source: Nagpur Metro- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Nagpur Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.