In a major achievement Agra division of North Central Railway surpassed last year freight loading on 27th October 2020 and became one of the top two divisions having achieved this so far in the current financial year. As on 27th October 2020 Agra division has loaded 2.50 million tonnes freight in current financial year crossing 2.49 million tonnes freight loaded in the same period of last financial year.
- With positive contribution coming from all three divisions, NCR has loaded more freight consecutively since last 04 months as compared to last year and has registered substantial growth of over 27% in October 2020 as compared to October 2019.
- Owing to lockdown in April and May 2020, loading was less by 8.4 lakhs tonnes in initial two months of current financial year as compared to last year however, with marketing efforts through formation of BDUs, efficient train operation and customer centric approach this gap has not only been reduced substantially but NCR is all set to surpass last year loading in November 2020.
- As on 27th October 2020, NCR has loaded 8.45 million tonnes as compared to 8.81 million tonnes loaded last year thereby reducing the gap of 8.4 lakhs tonnes to 3.6 lakhs tonnes and expected to surpass last year loading within next one month time.
With gradual opening of the economy, freight loading performance of North Central Railway is improving steadily and it has registered positive loading for last 04 months consecutively i.e. June to September as compared to the same months of last financial year.
- Besides improvement over last year loading performance; in Sept, 2020 freight loading of 1.32 million tonnes was also on plus side to the proportionate target for Sept, 2020 to achieve total loading of 16.94 million tonnes in 2020-21.
- So far NCR has loaded 7.20 million tonnes freight in FY 2020-21 and needs to load additional 9.74 million tonnes in the balance 06 months from October to March to achieve a 16.94 Million tonnes mark.
- To achieve this ambitious freight loading volume in the remaining part of the current financial year, North Central Railway is focusing on increasing loading of bulk commodities and capturing new non bulk freight streams.
- Increase in volume of bulk commodities like POL (Petroleum , oil and Lubricant), Cement, ballast etc. will play very crucial role in this as cement and petroleum products combined together account for more than 50% total freight loading of North Central Railway.
- In a bid to increase freight loading volume, a meeting with major freight loaders of POL (Petroleum, oil and Lubricant), cement and ballast was organized in the HQ office of North Central Railway.
- In this virtual meeting convened by PCOM NCR Shri Ravi Valluri and PCCM Shri M N Ohha; representatives of IOCL Baad Mathura, HPCL Rasulpur Gogamau, Diamond Cement Parichha, L&T Cement Chunar, leading ballast loaders etc. participated through video conferencing, besides CFTM NCR, CCM/FM/NCR, Dy CCM FM NCR from NCR HQ office and Sr DOMs and Sr DCMs from the three divisions.
- In the meeting strategy for increasing loading of these commodities in balance 06 months of 2020-21 was discussed and freight customers were assured that all possible help from Railway side shall be rendered.
- It was further apprised that BDUs at divisional and HQ level can be approached as a single window facilitation on all freight related matters and contact details of BDUs on HQ and divisions were shared with all the customers present in the meeting.
Source: North Central Railway-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR