The National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. (NCRTC) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) for indigenous development of Platform Screen Doors (PSD). NCRTC is seeking partnership with manufacturers of Platform Screen Doors (PSD) or components thereof, interested in establishing manufacturing units in India for used in Metro/ RRTS/High speed/main line Railways.
National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a joint venture company of the Government of India and States of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, and under the administrative control of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. It is mandated to implement and operate the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) across the National Capital Region (NCR) of India, leading to a balanced and sustainable urban development through better connectivity and access across the region.
NCRTC is actively seeking long term partnership from PSD/PSD component manufacturers, with the common objective of developing, manufacturing, and commissioning PSD system and interface with Train Control systems (Wired and Wireless).
- The first common objective of the parties (NCRTC and the selected party(ies) would be to undertake indigenous development of PSD as per international standards compatible with different Train Control systems of Metro/RRTS/High speed/ main line Railway systems. Development in this context would include design, prototype manufacturing, testing and validation of PSD system to specified standards.
- As a second common objective, the parties, in partnership, shall take orders from different Rail Based systems in India and abroad to execute PSD works through indigenously manufactured PSD system.
The partnership with the selected prospective partner will be entered into through a selection process from the interested parties for this project.
The partnership will include the following:
- Preparation of overall design of PSD system
- Making available other electromechanical components required for Platform Screen Doors locally.
- Preparing overall structural design and local manufacture of the structural part of PSD.
- Obtaining product certification
Research Institutions, PSUs, Corporate and International OEMs meeting requisite quality and safety requirements of a PSD system are invited to express their interest for the above initiative.
Nature of partnership:
NCRTC is open for partnerships with prospective partner(s) through a range of cooperation modes including but not limited to the following:
- Joint ventures
- Joint manufacturing
- Technology licensing
- Knowhow transfer
Parties found suitable in the first stage of selection process of the EOI, will be called for next stage of selection process of NCRTC. Manufacturing Association Agreement (MAA) will be signed with the selected prospective partner through the second stage selection process from the shortlisted parties for an initial period of 5 years which may be suitably extended based on mutual agreement.
Brief of credentials to be submitted:
- Experience of production of end to end solution of PSD
- Experience in design of Control Systems
- Experience in fabrication of stainless steel structures with toughened Glass
Note: Please refer annexure-1, for details to be submitted along with EOI
Eligible Research Institutions, Central/State PSUs of India, Corporates and OEMs may send their application to:
Group General Manager /Procurement, National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd., 7/6, Siri Fort Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi – 110049
Tel : +91-11-41066943, Fax : +91-11-41066953
The last date for receipt of such an application with supporting documents is 14.08.2020 at 15:00 Hrs through online submission at the email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, please click here.
Source: NCRTC- EOI / Image credit (Representational): DMRC
Be the first to comment