National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. (NCRTC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Jai Durge Construction for Construction of stormwater drain, miscellaneous architectural finishing and other works in viaduct and stations from Duhai EPE to Shatabdi Nagar (RRTS Ch. 33030.95 to RRTS Ch. 64103) of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Tender Reference Number: DM/MS/COR-OF/228
- Name of Work: Construction of stormwater drain, miscellaneous architectural finishing and other works in viaduct and stations from Duhai EPE to Shatabdi Nagar (RRTS Ch. 33030.95 to RRTS Ch. 64103) of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 13,28,27,074.59/-
- Work Completion Period: 240 Days
In August 2023, the NCRTC invited a tender for Tender Number: DM/MS/COR-OF/228
Scope of Work:
The scope of work includes the Construction of Storm Water Drain, miscellaneous Architectural finishing and other works in viaduct and stations from Duhai EPE to Shatabdi Nagar (RRTS Ch. 33030.95 to RRTS Ch. 64103) of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
The Scope of work may include the following but not limited to:
- Construction of storm water drain along station/viaduct at various locations as per direction of Engineer-in-charge.
- Providing and fixing of similar type of Platform Screen Doors at nonoperational area of platform level as specified or as per direction of Engineer In-charge.
- Providing and fixing of dummy glasses at stations as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Grinding the undulated and/or mismatched area of concrete surface at various levels of stations as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Providing and fixing the retroreflective sheet around the pier as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Covering of all gaps and openings around staircase, escalator, wall etc as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Providing and fixing the SS railing and other architectural finishing work at various locations of stations as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Construction of precast boundary wall at entry exit of stations as specified or as per direction of Engineer- in-charge.
- Horticulture work at stations or any other locations as per direction of Engineer In-charge.
- Other miscellaneous work wherever required as per direction of Engineer-incharge.
The scope of works shall, inter-alia, include the following but not be limited to:
- Construction, commissioning, testing, start-up and handing over including supply of all materials, labours, equipment, plant, tools and tackles, shuttering, scaffoldings, consumables, testing, mock-ups, performance testing including mobilisation, demobilisation, project management and all necessary temporary works and services.
- Procurement services, inspection, expediting, supply of all materials, equipment, plant, tools and tackles, scaffoldings, consumables, performance testing and necessary temporary works.
- All the permission and approvals related to Right of Way and Design/Construction of Permanent Works shall be arranged by the Employer. However, the Contractor is responsible to obtain licences/permissions for all Associated and Temporary works.
- The contractor shall be responsible for obtaining relevant certificates or clearance from local civic authorities on his own cost. It also includes interfacing with designated contractors/ departments, statutory authorities as required for completion of work.
- Site clearance and dismantling of obstructions, temporary, semi-permanent/permanent structures, bulk services including dismantling of road, footpath, drainage, sewerage, water supply services etc. as per requirement before commencement of work as specified or as directed.
- All taxes and duties except GST, bond and guarantees, insurance premium, licences, permits, fee and expenses of statutory compliances, fee and expenses of Dispute Resolution Board, legal fee and administration expenses along with costs towards office(s) and office equipment, staff and labour facilities, SHE compliances, safety trainings, overheads and profits and any other costs and charges not specifically detailed out but necessary for successful completion of contracted scope of work.
- SHE and Environmental Considerations:
- All provisions and conditions contained in the conditions of contract on Safety, Health & Environment manual shall be strictly complied with.
- It shall include day to day cleaning of construction work sites throughout the execution period.
- Quality Assurance:
- All aspects of quality assurance, including testing of materials and other components of the work, as specified or as directed.
- Traffic Management:
- The Contractor shall carry out the works, so as to minimise disruption to road and pedestrian traffic including precautionary measures for smooth traffic movement during construction of work at site.
- However, the deployment of Traffic marshal as per the direction of Engineer In charge shall be payable as per relevant BOQ Item.
- The Contractor shall prepare his traffic management plan based on his proposed construction methodology in coordination with Engineer and in conjunction with Traffic Police. He shall comply strictly with the approved plan during construction of his works.
- Survey And Setting Out:
- True and proper setting out and layout/ alignment of the items of Works, benchmarks, and provision of all necessary labour (skilled/unskilled/ semiskilled), instruments and appliances in connection therewith as specified or as directed. Deployment of survey team with required precise instruments along with accessories.
- Clearing of site and handing over of all the Works, as specified or as directed by the Employer including de-mobilization, clearing of all temporary works and facilities after completion of job.
- Utility Identification and Precautionary Measures:
- Before starting the Work at Site, it shall be essential on part of the Contractor to ensure that there are no utilities infringing the works particularly the cables carrying the working circuits within the Right of Way (ROW).
- Work shall be executed with all precautions to prevent any damage to other structures and services, roads, paths, drainage etc.
- The works shall conform to all the provisions of the relevant Government Legislation, Regulations and Byelaws of the Central/Local Authorities.
- Maintenance of the completed Work during the period as specified.
The Permanent Works shall be constructed to permit the storm water drain and horticulture works to operate satisfactorily as required by the owning agencies. During construction the contractor shall be responsible for providing and maintaining adequate flood protection to ensure protection of the works.
The Permanent Works shall be constructed to permit the railway to operate satisfactorily at a maximum operating speed of 160 km/hr (Design speed 180 km/hr) where applicable. The vertical and horizontal alignments for the main line track work shall comply with the approved GAD drawing issued by NCRTC.
In the construction of the Works, the Contractor shall, as a fundamental objective and as a priority, ensure that passengers, staff and the public will, throughout the operational period of the Delhi Meerut RRTS, and within the confines thereof, be provided with as safe an environment as is reasonably possible.
Source: NCRTC- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC