Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High-Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India, currently the construction work of stations going on in full swing under different stages.
National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) is on track to complete the project on time. Out of 508 Km, 352 Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348 Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and the balance 156 Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
Surat HSR station:
- Surat is famous for its diamond industry, the concept for the design of façade and interiors of the station are representation of a diamond facet.
- The station is located in Antroli village in Surat district
- Total built-up area of station is 58,352 sq. m
- Total height of station – 26.3 metre
- 450 m long concourse and 450 m long rail level of Surat HSR station has been completed
Anand HSR station:
- The concept for the design of façade and interiors of Anand HSR station are representation of Milk and White Revolution.
- The station is located in Uttarsanda village in Nadiad district.
- Station has a built-up area of 44,073 sq. m
- Total height of the station is 25.6 metre from ground level
- 425 m long concourse and 425 m long rail level slab of Anand HSR station has been completed
Vapi HSR station:
- The concept for the design of façade and interiors of Vapi HSR station are representation of speed.
- The station is located in Dungra at Vapi-Silvassa Road, Vapi
- Station has a built-up area of 28,917 sq. m
- Total height of the station is approx. 22 metres from ground level
- 100 m long rail level slab for station has been cast
Ahmedabad HSR station:
- Ahmedabad HSR station is inspired by the rich cultural & historical ethos of the city. The roof depicts a canvas for hundreds of kites whereas the facade picks a pattern inspired by the intricate lattice work of the iconic Syed Siddique’s Jaali.
- The station is being planned to be built in an area of approx. 38,000 sq. m over the existing western railway station above platform no. 10, 11 & 12.
- Total height of the station: 33.73 metres from ground level
- The 435 m long concourse level slab of the station has been cast.
|HSR Station||Rail Level Slab||Concourse Level Slab|
|Surat||450 m (Completed)||450 m (Completed)|
|Anand||425 m (Completed)||425 m (Completed)|
|Ahmedabad||Work started||435 m (Completed)|
|Vapi||100 m||Concourse at ground level only|
The work on other four HSR stations i.e. Bilimora, Bharuch, Vadodara and Sabarmati are under different stages of construction.
Source: NHSRCL- Press Release | Images Credit: NHSRCL