In its continuous endeavour to enhance passenger convenience by implementing digital and seamless means of travel, Noida Metro extended the option of payment by Unified Payments Interface (UPI) at ticket counters across all 21 stations of Aqua Line.
- This extended facility was launched by Dr. Lokesh M., IAS, Managing Director, NMRC from Sector-51 Metro station of Aqua Line.
Details of the facility Inaugurated:
- The Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy, promotion of digital payments has been accorded the highest priority by the Government of India to extend digital payment services to every segment in the country. The vision is to provide digital payments facilities to all citizens in a convenient, easy, affordable, quick and secured manner.
- In order to promote digital payments in line with Govt of India directions for promotion of digital payment and ensure smooth operations and facilitate the passengers of NMRC, a new payment option of UPI has been enabled in the TOM interface at Ticket Counters.
- The BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) UPI (Unified Payments Interface) is a unified payment method developed and promoted by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India).
- The current QR ticket purchase system has payments through either cash or credit/debit card. The new facility of extending payments of single journey tickets by means of UPI at Ticket counters will definitely add to passenger convenience and faster processing of tickets at counters leading to less waiting time and no requirement of cash change as the exact ticket amount can be paid through UPI.
- The payment mode now includes the following options:
- By Cash – Already existing
- By Credit/Debit Card (Using POS) – Already existing
- By UPI through Dynamic QR code From 17.08.2023
- The fare collection from cash and Credit/Debit Card (Using POS) remains the same as earlier. In the UPI mode of payment, the QR code with relevant fare details shall be displayed to the passenger on the display of TOM (at ticket counters) towards the passenger side as well as to the operator as shown in the display.
- The passenger shall scan the QR code for UPI payment through any of the service providers as suitable to the passenger.
- After successful completion of payment and amount deduction from the passengers account, the TOM display of the operator will show the ticket printed and the operator shall proceed to generate the QR ticket and the transaction receipt.
Source: NMRCL- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): NMRC