Noida Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRC) has re-invited Request for Proposal (RFP) for Engagement of Agency for providing free E-Rickshaw services to Metro commuters for seamless connectivity between Sec-51 Metro Station (NMRC) and Sector–52 Metro Station (DMRC) through dedicated pathway/cartway.
- Tender No.: NMRC/Free_E-Rikshaw/147(R1)/2021
- Name of the Bid: RFP for Engagement of Agency for providing free E-Rickshaw services to Metro commuters for seamless connectivity between Sec-51 Metro Station (NMRC) and Sector–52 Metro Station (DMRC) through dedicated pathway/cartway.
- License Period: 2 (Two) Years
- Method of selection: Cost Based Selection (Lowest – L1)
- Pre Bid Meeting: 25/05/2021, 1100 hrs (IST) at NMRC Office
- Last Date of Bid Submission: 07/06/2021 up to 1500 hrs (IST)
- Date of Technical Bid Opening: 07/06/2021, 1600 hrs (IST)
- Noida Metro Rail Corporation is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formed for planning and executing urban transport projects in Noida, Greater Noida regions.
- The Company desires to provide a world-class Public Transportation System with state-of-the-art technology.
- As such, the overarching criterion for setting up of the Company is to help create an efficient, safe, reliable, economical and affordable public transport system.
- Sector – 51 Metro Station of Aqua line (NMRC) and Sec – 52 Metro Station of Blue line (DMRC) is adjacent to each other and there are a number of passengers who use both Metro system on regular/daily basis.
- To provide seamless, hassle free, easy and free connectivity between these two Metro Station, it is conceptualised to provide the free connectivity through E-Rickshaws operated on a dedicated pathway/cartway.
- NMRC invited E-Bids for Engagement of Agency for providing free E-Rickshaw services to Metro commuters for seamless connectivity between Sec-51 Metro Station and Sector–52 Metro Station through dedicated pathway/cartway in NMRC Network with a well-controlled system to ensure better convenience & comfort for Metro commuters.
- The objectives of the service are encapsulated below:
- To provide convenience to the passengers by way of transferring them between the two said metro stations
- To ensure dedicated, safe & secure, punctual and reliable connecting services for the metro Passengers
The metro corridor is 29.7 km (approx.) long and is known as Aqua Line. It comprises 21 metro stations starting from Noida Sector 51 in Noida and ends up at Depot Station in Greater Noida. The map is in showcasing the list of all stations whereas services under this proposal shall be limited in between Sector-51 metro station of NMRC network and Sec – 52 Metro Station of DMRC Network.
Requirements / Pre-requisites for Operator:
- Operator has to ensure 10 operational E-Rickshaws at all time during operation.
- All E-Rickshaws shall be owned, managed and controlled and operated by the Operator and operator will bear all the associated cost.
- The operator shall engage minimum four-seater E-Rickshaws, excluding the driver.
- The operator shall make own arrangements for lubricants / battery charger, batteries etc., and all other maintenance works as applicable necessary for the operation of the fleet.
- E-Rickshaw parking facility and Charging facility shall also be managed by the Operator company, however alternatively NMRC can also provide the spaces (other than Sec – 51 Metro Station) as per feasibility for develop parking and charging facility by the perator at their own cost and risk and same will be on chargeable basis.
- E-Rickshaws shall be conforming to the latest specifications and relevant standards notified by Government of India/Govt. of UP and will carry certification from approved testing centers for the same.
- E-Rickshaws shall have the certification from Government of India approved testing centres (ARAI, ICAT, etc.), so as to satisfy the required performance of E-Rickshaw as a whole and also conformance to the relevant applicable specifications for the main components used in it as the Motor, Battery, Motor Controller, Mechanical Power Transmission system, its body, other auxiliary systems such as brakes, lighting and control, etc. and the overall safety.
- For reliable and economical after – sale service, indigenously developed superior designs by reputed manufacturers of E-Rickshaws with Solar panel shall be preferred.
- Each E-Rickshaw shall be registered individually with appropriate Transport Authority, if required.
- E-Rickshaws deployed by the Operator shall be supplied from an original manufacturer of the E-Rickshaws/ an Authorised dealer thereof.
- The e-rickshaw shall be fully compliant with the Government’s Make in India campaign.
- Fleet of E-Rickshaws for metro connectivity may be given a uniform and pleasing appearance; proposed colour and design in this regard should be of Aqua colour bearing the Logo of NMRC.
- Literate and trained drivers in Uniform shall be deployed by Operator to run these E-Rikshaws.
- Preferably a suitable overnight parking hub(s) to park E-Rickshaws (at night) and to carry out repairs and maintenance suitably equipped with spares and technical team shall be available with the Operator. All expenses / cost related to maintenance / refurbishment of vehicles will be borne only by the operator for the tenure of the contract. In the event of vehicle getting damaged beyond repair the operator may arrange for replacement of vehicle at his discretion but NMRC shall not be liable for the same.
Source: NMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NMRC