Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) Ltd. has invited online open e-Bids from interested Bidder/s to submit their proposals as per provisions for RFP for comprehensive cleaning, wax polishing & floor polishing of Rolling Stock (Metro Train Coaches) and housekeeping of depot premises at depot in Greater Noida Sector-34.
- Tender Reference Number: NMRC/HK-Depot/239/2022
- Name of Work: RFP for comprehensive cleaning, wax polishing & floor polishing of Rolling Stock (Metro Train Coaches) and housekeeping of depot premises at depot in Greater Noida Sector-34.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 14,83,05,584 Crore
- Period of Contract: 04 Years
- EMD: INR 14.83 Lakhs
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 23rd January, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 14th February, 2023
- Pre-bid Meeting: 31st January, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 23rd January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 14th February, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 14th February, 2023
- Noida and Greater Noida are being developed as the satellite towns to New Delhi and more and more people from Delhi and other areas are shifting to these towns in search of fresh air, greenery and better infrastructure.
- There is a need to provide an efficient, reliable and comfortable transportation system for the population intending to settle in these towns and also the public coming to these areas for education, service and business.
- Noida Metro Rail Corporation is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formed by Noida and Greater Noida Authorities for planning and executing urban transport projects in Noida, Greater Noida regions.
- The Corporation desires to provide a world-class Public Transportation System with state-of-the-art technology. As such, the overarching criterion for setting up of the Corporation is to help create an efficient, safe, reliable, economical and affordable public transport system.
- An elevated metro line between Noida and Greater Noida is already under advanced stages of testing.
- NMRC invites E-Bids for selection of Contractor for Comprehensive Cleaning, Wax Polishing & Floor polishing of Rolling Stock (Metro Train Coaches) and Housekeeping of Depot Premises at Depot in Greater Noida Sector-34.
- In this regard, the Corporation now invites the interested Bidder/s to submit their proposals as per provisions of this RFP Document.
- NMRC will shortlist the Bidders on the basis of evaluation criteria mentioned in this RFP Document. On the basis of the minimum evaluation criteria, qualified Bidders will be shortlisted and Financial proposals of only qualified Bidders will be opened.
About Metro Locations:
- The metro corridor is 29.7 km long and is known as Noida Greater Noida Metro Rail Corridor.
- It comprises 21 metro stations starting from Sector 51 in Noida and ends up at Depot Station in Greater Noida.
- The map is in Appendix 1: Metro Alignment
Scope of Work:
- The contractor will execute Cleaning of Rolling Stock (Metro train coaches) and House Keeping of Depot premises provided in tender with suitable uniformed trained manpower, chemicals, consumables, modern equipment & machinery etc.
- The Tenderer is to carry out their self-assessment in respect of their capacity in terms of manpower, machine and finance. He is to indicate a separate set of manpower, machinery in different tenders.
- The Bidder should be able to take up additional similar work at short notice. Similarly the scope of work may also be reduced on account of poor performance and the contractor shall have no right for any claims due to reduction in scope of work.
Scope of Work for Train Cleaning:
- All Train cleaning activities to be carried out as per the Schedule of work given in ‘Bill of Quantity’, and details of tender documents as per requirement.
Cleaning of Rolling Stock consist of following activities:
- Daily Cleaning Internal and Cab Face external – (before going for revenue service on daily basis)
- Heavy Cleaning (Internal) – Monthly
- Heavy Cleaning (External) – 45 Days
- Roof Cleaning/ Washing – 45 Days
- Wax Polishing – Six Monthly
Details of train availability at Depot for cleaning activities given below:
- One 04 Coaches trains consist of two Driving Trailer +Motor (DT + M) Car. One 06 coaches trains consist of two Driving Trailer +Motor (DT + M) Car and one Trailer +Motor (T + M) Car.
- NMRC shall offer 04 coaches trains for cleaning. However quantity of work/ activities will be verified on conversion of trains into no. of DT+M or T+M unit consist as per details given below:
- One 04 Coach train = 02 no. of DT+M unit consist
- NMRC may increase or decrease the no. of trains during the execution of contract. The contract price may increase or decrease proportionately.
- The cleaning activities in the train will be carried out when the train is stabled in the Inspection Shed, Washing line or stabling line at Depot or Stabling line at the terminal stations or as directed by the Engineer In-Charge.
- Internal Heavy cleaning, External heavy cleaning & Roof cleaning will be carried out in any shift in the internal cleaning shed, Inspection Shed or as directed by the Engineer-In-Charge.
- For monthly heavy wash, the washing line or location as directed by the Engineer-In-Charge shall be used.
- All movement of Rolling Stock (coaches) where the cleaning activities of the train is to be done and after cleaning of the train shall be made by NMRC.
- NMRC will arrange opening and closing the doors of coaches including all types of panel cover of the train.
- All Electrical & electronic equipment shall be cleaned under the supervision of an authorized representative of the NMRC.
- The contractor shall clean only these areas of the Electrical/ Electronic and other specified equipment, which are either mentioned in the specification or permitted by the Employer or mentioned by the authorized representative of the Engineer-In-Charge.
- The proper record for the chemical and Consumables used for cleaning shall be maintained by the contractor. The Engineer-in-charge’s representative shall frequently monitor the consumption.
- The Engineer-In-Charge on his discretion may advise the contractor to handover the cleaning chemical and detergent to the employer’s store at site and get issued from there.
- There are chemical substances with different reaction time (from few minutes to more than 24 hours) in any case the following substances shall not be used at all: gasoline / petrol, acetone, trichloroethylene and all the aggressive organic solvents (xilene, toluene, dichloroethylene, trichloroethylene, etc.) Also strong acids/alkaline are to be completely avoided (hydrochloric acid, formic acid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, caustic soda, etc.).
- The dilution suggested by the supplier for the chemicals and cleaning regents shall be followed. The garbage shall be collected in bags during cleaning and shall be disposed of by the contractor outside the depot area in the disposal yard / scrap yard. Nothing shall be paid extra by NMRC for this to the contractor.
Scope of Work for Depot Housekeeping:
- All Cleaning and Housekeeping of Depot premises to be carried out as per the Schedule of work and as per “Technical Specification (Depot Housekeeping)” of tender documents.
- All major Cleaning and Housekeeping activities should be completed before office starts for the following buildings:
- Inspection bay offices and workshop offices
- DCOS Stores and offices
- OCC Building
- ETU building offices
- P. Way office
- Any other Buildings/Premises located at Depots as advised by the Engineer In-Charge. The tentative office hour is 9.00 to 17.30 hrs. So, all the cleaning & housekeeping operations should be completed before 8.30 hrs every day. If any changes in the office hours, the same will be communicated to the Contractor.
- All Electrical & electronic equipment shall be cleaned under the supervision of an authorized representative of the NMRC.
- The contractor shall clean only those areas of the Electrical/ Electronic and other specified equipment, which are either mentioned in the specification or permitted by the Employer or mentioned by the authorized representative of the Engineer-incharge.
- The proper record for the chemical and consumable used for cleaning shall be maintained by the contractor after issuing the consumable fortnightly from employer’s representative as decided monthly consumable has been delivered by contractor to employer at the beginning of month.
- Cleaning of toilets shall be done every 02 hrs or less and maintain in hygienic condition an inspection sheet shall be kept in the toilets. Apart from the daily cleaning the heavy washing and deep cleaning activities using chemicals with the heavy cleaning machine shall be done every week in all the buildings.
- The consumables eg; Air/Room Freshener, Odonizer, Urinal cubes/Urinal sheet mats, Tissue papers etc shall be provided in abundance and there shall be no shortage. Urinal sheet mats will be provided in all toilets and to be replaced fortnightly and as and when required.
- Odonizer/Odonil/AER pockets will be provided in all toilets and will be replaced on monthly as mentioned in their packet and as and when required basis.
- Quantities of all chemicals & consumables mentioned in the contract is tentative whereas sufficient quantities in advance will be supplied by the contractor as desired by NMRC engineer-incharge. If more quantities of chemicals & consumables are required to maintain the proper cleaning then the contractor is bound to supply more chemicals/consumables without any extra cost.
- There are chemical substances with different reaction time (from few minutes to more than 24 hours) in any case the following substances shall not be used at all: gasoline / petrol, acetone, trichloroethylene and all the aggressive organic solvents (xilene, toluene, dichloroethylene, trichloroethylene, etc.) Also strong acids/alkaline are to be completely avoided (hydrochloric acid, formic acid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, caustic soda, etc.)
- The dilution suggested by the supplier for the chemicals and cleaning regents shall be followed. The garbage shall be collected in disposable bags during cleaning and shall be disposed off by the contractor outside the depot area in a dedicated disposal yard / scrap yard daily. Nothing shall be paid extra by NMRC for this to the contractor.
- The bin shall be supplied by the contractor according to site and work requirement and on direction of engineer-in-charge. NMRC is implementing ISO-14001 & OHSAS 18001 for Environment, Health & safety.
- The Cleaning & Housekeeping works are to be carried out as per these International norms/standards and in such a manner that all premises always look neat & clean. Eco friendly chemicals /Reagents to the extent possible shall be used.
- Similarly, the waste disposal is also carried out in a totally sealed manner without affecting the Environment. For all Chemicals / Reagents which are to be used, Material safety data sheets will be required to be submitted on asking to submit.
- The scope of work and the procedure for Depot Housekeeping shall be as mentioned below. The contractor shall follow the same. Schedule of activities mentioned below are minimum and for the guidance of the contractor.
- However it shall be the contractor’s responsibility to maintain the overall cleaning and Housekeeping of the Depot
- The Bidder’s competence and capability is proposed to be established by the following parameters. The Bidder should meet all the criteria given in this section.
- Sole proprietorship, registered partnership firm, public limited company or private limited company can submit the Bid. The firms and the companies should be registered in India.
- The Bidder should have a minimum experience of having satisfactorily completed similar works during last 7 (seven) years period ending last day of month previous to the one in which the bids are invited should be either of the following:
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to Rs. 11.86 Crore (Rupees Eleven Crore Eighty Six Lakh Only) or
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to Rs. 7.42 Crore (Rupees Seven Crore Fourty Two Lakh only) or
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to Rs. 5.93 Crore (Rupees Five Crore Ninety Three Lakh only)
- Similar work for this contract shall be “Mechanized cleaning and housekeeping works” in Railways / Metros / Airports / Hospitals / Institutes including hostels utilizing Modern machinery, chemicals and manpower.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-tendering website http://etender.up.nic.in
Source: NMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): NMRC