Regardless of ongoing Covid-19 crisis, North Central Railway has scaled new heights in safe and efficient train operations by achieving highest ever punctuality of 97.02 % in July 2020 and overall punctuality of 92.67% in April to July this year thus registering substantial improvement of 68% over corresponding period of 2019-20. Important initiatives taken to improve freight loading volume over NCR have started yielding results as its loading consecutively in June and July 2020 is more as compared to last year. In July 2020 North Central Railway has loaded 1.37 million tonnes freight which is 10000 tonnes more as compared to loading of 1.36 million tonnes in July 2019.
- Besides volume NCR has also achieved highest ever average speed of 47 Kmph for goods train in July this year and overall average speed of 43 kmph in April to July 2020 period has improved by more than 80% over the corresponding period of 2019-20.
- Apart from very high level of operating discipline this rare feat could be achieved only due to immaculate maintenance of assets like tracks, rolling stock, OHE, signaling, locomotives etc.
- On the front of rolling stock maintenance, Prayagraj division achieved highest ever Routine overhauling (ROH) outturn of 192 wagons in July-2020 surpassing previous highest of 183 wagons in February 2020.
- In a major achievement, Agra division of North Central Railway completely eliminated old Neals Ball token instruments from signaling system by commissioning reliable and fail safe UFSBI based block panel singnalling system between Bah and Udimore stations in Bhandai- Etwah rail section on 31.07.20.
- With efforts of maintenance engineers of Agra division; commissioning of total 04 such panels in Bhandai- Etwah section initially targeted by 31.10.20 could be completed in July itself.
- This major accomplishment will improve safety and efficiency in train operations through token less reception and dispatch of trains in Bhandai-Etwah section.
- Towards capacity enhancement works, Jhansi division successfully conducted first engine rolling in 09 kms stretch of newly constructed third line line in Birlanagar Rayaru section on 30.07.20.
- Immaculate maintenance of Permanent way on North Central Railway is evident from the fact that after CRS sanction of 130 kmph sectional speed on Gaziabad- Pt Deen dayal Upadhya section; Commissioner Railway safety has also accorded 120 kmph sectional speed sanction for Lalitpur- Bina section in July-20; thus making 759 kms of Gaziabad- Pt. Deenm Dayal Updhyay and 503 kms of Palwal-Bina certified for 130 kmph and 120 kmph sectional speed respectively.
- It is pertinent to mention here that North Central railway has highest network of semi high speed rail network among all zonal Railways.
- NCR has distinction of running more than 100 trains at speed of 130 kmph or higher including the fastest train of India Gatiman Express at 160 kmph, first Vande Bharat Express with highest average speed of 104 kmph for any train in India.
All this could be possible with relentless effort of 60000 dedicated railway corona warriors under the able guidance of General Manager North Central and Northern Railway Sri Rajiv Chaudhry with active support from PHODs and Divisional Railway Managers.
Source: North Central Railway-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): North Central Railway