- New Bongaigaon Workshop is the first workshop in N.F. Railway to achieve the GreenCo Silver rating. The workshop achieved Silver rating by completing its various green rating on-site works.
- GreenCo is a rating system, an initiative by the Confederation of Indian Industry to facilitate Indian industries to substantially improve their environmental friendly performance thereby saving both natural and financial resources.
- N.F. Railway’s Carriage & Wagon Workshop, New Bongaigaon under the guidance of Chief Workshop Manager Shri Partha Pratim Roy has done tremendous work towards environment protection and has received Greenco Silver rating with combined team efforts of all the officials.
- The workshop used energy efficient equipments, green infrastructure for the maintenance of rolling stocks. It has also reduced Greenhouse gases emission to a good extent in the last few years.
- Carriage & Wagon Workshop, New Bongaigaon has taken various steps for Water Conservation and Waste Management. As a result, overall specific water consumption has been reduced substantially during the last few years.
- The workshop has norms for material conservation, recycling & recyclability so that no waste shall be sent to the landfill. It will either be reused or sold to certified recyclers. To meet the high energy demand of the workshop, a solar rooftop has been installed as a part of generating renewable energy.
- The workshop team has also done awareness and training programmes regarding environment sustainability. To get this rating, the workshop has also achieved a specific energy reduction by implementing 100% LED lighting in the workshop.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway- Press Release | Images Credit (representational): Northeast Frontier Railway