Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders on behalf of Patna Metro, from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for the work of electrical and mechanical systems for Subway Connecting Patna Museum and Bihar Museum.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of Work: Design, detail engineering, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of electrical and mechanical systems, fire detection, fire suppression, DG Sets, elevators and BMS work for Subway Connecting Patna Museum and Bihar Museum at Patna.
|Tender Reference Number
|Estimated Cost (in Rs.)
|EMD (in Rs.)
|Document Download/Sale Start Date
|03rd January, 2024
|Bid Submission Start Date
|08th February, 2024
|Bid Submission End Date
|15th February, 2024
|Pre Bid Meeting Date
|24th January, 2024
|Bid Opening Date
|16th February, 2024
Scope of Works:
Electrical and Mechanical System Required for Subway Tunnel:
The Power supply system shall be designed in accordance with NFPA-70, NFPA-110 and NFPA-502 standard. The 11 kV power is to be taken from the Power Supply Substations (PSS) of BSPTCL through 11 kV cables laid from the PSS to the Auxiliary Sub Stations in the service building of the subway.
The 11 kV power supply is stepped down to 415 V, 3-phase through 750kVA dry type cast resin auxiliary transformer, which will feed the Main Distribution Board installed in the ASS room. Further, the power will be distributed to the consumption points (service utilities) viz. Elevators, Light & Power sockets, Fire Fighting System, HVAC system, PA system and Signage etc.
The distribution boards are to be provided preferably near to the equipment to minimise the length of cables. The power distribution system shall be designed by using low voltage power cable run on the cable tray, raceway and conduit as suitable to supply power to various loads within Subway, Control Room and Service buildings.
All cables and conductors used in subway tunnels shall be resistant to the spread of fire and shall have reduced smoke emissions. The cables shall comply with standards BS6724, BS7846 or other applicable international standards to achieve the design objectives.
Fire resistant cables shall be used for emergency equipment and comply with the performance requirements of IEC 60331 and BS 6387. The electrical systems shall be able to operate Air Conditioning, Ventilation, lighting, communications, drainage, firefighting, fire alarm and fire detection, exit signs, elevators etc. under all normal and emergency modes associated with the facility.
Standby Diesel Generator (DG) Sets:
- In the unlikely event of grid failure, the power supply of the subway will be interrupted. It is, therefore, required to provide standby DG set of about 500 kVA to cater the following essential services:
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency communication
- Tunnel drainage
- Emergency ventilation
- Fire alarm and detection
- Closed-circuit television
- Fire fighting
- Silent types of DG sets, which have low noise levels and do not require separate room for installation, should be considered. DG set shall comply with latest CPCB/BPCB guidelines.
The Elevators are required to be provided at each entry of the subway for the convenience of the visitors for movement from the ground level to the subway level which is about 20 metres below ground level.
One Elevator is also required for taking in and out of the battery vehicles or any other goods from the subway. The size of the goods elevator shall be considered as per the size of battery vehicle used inside the subway.
The elevator for the visitors shall have capacity of movement of 20 Passengers and the elevator for the goods movement shall be of load carrying capacity of about 1.5 to 2 Ton capacity depending on weight of the vehicle. The goods elevator shall also be used for the visitors during normal operation of the subway.
The Elevator for the passengers shall be of machine room less type and elevator for the goods transportation will require machine room over the elevator shaft. The exact shaft sizes for the elevators shall be finalised during the detail design stage. The power supply for the elevators shall be provided from the auxiliary transformers with backup supply from the Diesel Generators.
Automatic Fire Alarm and Detection System:
The automatic fire alarm and detection system shall be installed in accordance with the NFPA-72 “National Fire Alarm and Signalling code” or any other equivalent standard complying with the codes of practice, regulations and requirements of the Statutory Authorities.
The Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) shall also be provided and integrated with the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for the purpose of reporting alarm signals from the automatic fire detection system directly to the SCADA system.
The number of data points exported from the FACP to the SCADA system should be sufficient to provide notifications, alarms, and status conditions to the SCADA system necessary to allow the initiation of an appropriate sub-system response by the SCADA system.
Automatic fire detection systems in the subway tunnel shall be zoned to correspond with the tunnel ventilation zones and firefighting system so that a coordinated response to the emergency situation can be taken.
- Building Management System (BMS) shall fully integrate control, monitoring, and supervision Air-conditioning, Ventilation, Low Voltage Power & Distribution System. Fire Alarm System, Hydraulic System (Seepage Pumps etc.), and other nominated Building Services Systems.
- The BMS is to be designed, manufactured, supplied, installed, tested and commissioned by the Contractor and shall meet all performance and functional requirements as defined in the Specification.
- The Commissioning of the full Building Management System including all equipment remote control and monitoring and to implement the logics as desired by the Engineer and defined in the specifications.
- Any failure of the BMS equipment will be the sole responsibility of the contractor. The contractor shall interface with the other designated contractors also for meeting all requirements.
- Air conditioning system controls shall be arranged to maintain conditions as specified for different seasons and varying modes of operation. Analysis for different modes of operations of the systems for different seasons shall be carried out and furnished.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works, during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one ―similar work of value of INR 24.68 crore or more, or
- Two ―similar works each of value of INR 15.42 crore or more, or
- Three ―similar works each of value of INR 12.34 crore or more.
Similar works for this contract shall be the work of ―Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of following major activities or any combination of these activities for MRTS/ Railways/ Airports/Large Infrastructure Building Projects (Administrative buildings/ Data centres /IT Parks/ Hotels/ Hospitals)”:
- Electromechanical Works (LT side)
- Air Conditioning works
- Fire detection system/Fire suppression system
- Ventilation System
- Medium voltage distribution system up to 11 kV
Similar works can cover the above activities (a) to (f) in any combination. However, activities specified at (a), (b) and (c) are mandatory. The bidders who do not have experience for the activities specified at (d), (e) and (f), will be needed to get the sub contractor approvals for these activities as per the scope of work and vendor approval policy, after award of work.
This tender marks a significant step in the development of Patna Metro , enhancing its infrastructure with advanced electrical and mechanical systems for seamless connectivity.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.