Patna Metro Rail Project will adopt Inter-Modal Integration for various modes of transportation, which will make travel better and comfortable for the commuters.
Patna Metro Rail Project has attempted for integration of various modes of transportation. The inter-modal integration of various modes of transportation will make travel better and comfortable. It will encourage the use of the public transport which will result in reduced number of vehicles on the road and less jam and pollution and will also provide seamless connectivity to various modes of transportation.
Convenience for the Passengers:
- The project has attempted for integration of various modes of transportation such as Inter State Bus Terminal, Patna Airport, Patna Railway Station, Rajendra Nagar Railway Station, etc.
- Patna Junction and New ISBT are being developed as multi-modal stations, which will facilitate in connecting people with other modes of transportation resulting in their seamless travel. This facility of Metro will encourage people to use public transport.
- With this objective an attempt is being made to integrate Metro, Bus Terminal, Airport and Railways etc. under MRTS. Through this it is planned to connect Patna Junction, Patliputra Railway Station, Rajendra Nagar Terminal Station, New ISBT and Patna Airport to Metro Network connectivity.
Benefits from Inter-modal integration:
- The inter modal integration of Patna Metro network connectivity would result in easing out of traffic jams, saving the time, boost to public transport and pollution control due to reduced number of vehicles.
- Passengers can commute from one mode of transportation to another mode from within and avail the Metro and other facilities.
- This will not only help passengers in seamless and hassle free travel but it will also help in crowd and traffic management due to their proximity with prime transport centres.
What is Inter-Modal Integration:
Inter Modal Integration means integration of different modes of transportation such as connectivity between railway station and metro station, between Metro station and Airport, etc. to ensure seamless connectivity of different modes of transportation for passengers. Last mile connectivity is also critical in deciding the success of a public transport facility of any city.
Source: Patna Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Patna Metro