Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Executive Director, Environment, Shri S.A. Verma, in two days’ inspection visited Patna Metro Rail Project sites and took an assessment of ongoing construction works of Patna Metro Project.
- He said that DMRC is not only committed to revolutionise local travel and save on time; but also give a clean environment to citizens. For which we take proactive actions to give a fair and clear environment to the people for which we are working on every day by maintaining special standards for cleanliness inside and outside of its entire project building spaces and sites.
- Shri Verma said that, Environmental consideration, hygiene and sanitation of the city has been kept on the top priorities in Patna Metro Rail Project and for which a dedicated team is being deployed at each construction site for cleaning purposes on daily basis.
- During his two days visit at Malahi Pakri, Khemni Chak, Bhootnath, ISBT, Moin Ul Haq, Danapur, Saguna More, Patliputra and Mithapur metro sites; He assessed the monsoon preparedness and instructed DMRC officials to take extra precautions during the monsoon to prevent inconvenience to people due to ongoing metro construction works in Patna.
- He also visited the casting yards at LCT Ghat and Fatuha and reviewed the measures taken for environmental and social impact concerns due to on-going construction activities. Necessary instructions were given to contractors for taking special care on traffic management and monsoon preparedness.
- At Danapur Cantonment work site, Shri Verma took stock of ongoing construction works of the elevated section and instructed the team to ensure mitigation measures to protect flora and fauna and green belt in the area from any adverse effect due to ongoing construction activity. He further informed that DMRC has a system of traffic diversion when working on the road to reduce traffic congestion and impact on traffic during construction.
- It is to be noted that, the construction areas of Patna Metro are being cleaned and maintained regularly where special attention is being given to remove dust, dirt and small pebbles on the road. Stubborn dirt in all barricade boards is also cleaned on a daily basis.
- Besides that, on all metro construction areas including underground metro construction, casting yards and outer roads, water is being sprinkled through water tankers so that dry dust and dirt may not spread in the atmosphere and all areas where there is accumulated heaps of soil are covered with tarpaulin after bringing them at a single place.
Source: Patna Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Patna Metro