In a significant development for India’s infrastructure, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and dedicated multiple development projects worth over Rs. 19,100 Crores in Bulandshahr. The diverse range of projects spans rail, road, oil and gas, urban development, and housing sectors.
During the programme in Bulandshahr UP, Prime Minister dedicated to nation the 173 Km long double line electrified section between New Khurja – New Rewari on Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) by flagging off goods trains from the two stations through video conferencing.
This new DFC section is important as it establishes crucial connectivity between the Western and Eastern DFCs. Further, this section is also known for its remarkable feat of engineering. It has a ‘one kilometre long double line rail tunnel with high rise electrification’, which is first of its kind in the world.
This tunnel is designed to seamlessly operate double-stack container trains. This new DFC section will help in improving the operation of passenger trains due to shifting of goods trains on Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) track.
Other Railway Sections and Projects:
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation the fourth line connecting Mathura – Palwal section and Chipiyana Buzurg – Dadri section.
- These new lines will improve the rail connectivity of the national capital to Southern Western and Eastern India.
- The Prime Minister is also dedicated to the nation ‘Integrated Industrial Township at Greater Noida’ (IITGN).
- It has been developed in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects under PM-GatiShakti.
- Built at a cost of Rs. 1,714 crore, the project is spread over 747 acres and is located near the intersection of Eastern and Western Dedicated Freight Corridors with Eastern Peripheral Expressway to the south and the Delhi-Howrah broad gauge railway line to the east.
- IITGN’s strategic location ensures unparalleled connectivity as other infrastructure for multi modal connectivity are present in the vicinity of this project viz. Noida-Greater Noida Expressway (5 km), Yamuna Expressway (10 km), Delhi Airport (60 km), Jewar Airport (40 km), Ajaibpur Railway Station (0.5 km) and New Dadri DFCC Station (10 km).
- The project marks a significant step towards fostering industrial growth, economic prosperity, and sustainable development in the region.
The inauguration of these projects underlines the government’s commitment to robust infrastructure development, promoting connectivity, and catalysing economic growth across various sectors in the country.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Images Credit: DFCCIL
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.