Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation is executing Pune Metro Rail Project, which has to corridors. One from Vanaz to Ramwadi which is a elevated line and the other from PCMC to Swargate which is elevated from PCMC to Agriculture college and thereafter underground up to Swargate. The underground section is about 6 kms. 43% of the overall civil work has been completed till date.
- In another significant milestone achievement on 28th September, 2020 in the ongoing Pune Metro Project, tunnel breakthrough was achieved in the underground section at the North end of Civil Court interchange station.
- This signifies completion of tunnelling of the Range HillShivaji Nagar- Civil Court stretch.
- The breakthrough happened 150 m inside the NATM section of Civil Court underground Station.
- A breakthrough is when a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBMs) completes its Schedule UG stretch & comes out to the bottom of the shaft.
- The 1.6 km stretch of underground section up to this breakthrough was completed in 10 Months, This TBM is one of the two machines (TBM) being used for tunnelling the UP line and Down line in the underground section and as completed tunnelling up to 1.6 km where as the other TBM has completed 1.5 km from its beginning i.e. Agriculture College.
- The second TBM will also achieve breakthrough soon.
- When breakthrough happened the centre of TBM cutter is just 10 mm offset than the designated location.
- The permissible deviation is 100 mm. This signifies the accuracy in tunnelling.
- This was successfully achieved on schedule due to deliberate planning and execution in spite of the challenges of the pandemic Covid-19.
- Utmost care and precautions were taken while following the Covid protocol.
On this occasion Dr. Brijesh Dixit, MD, MAHA Metro said, MAHA Metro is doing the tunnelling work of Pune Metro with astute planning and utmost precision. MAHA Metro is committed to complete the work in time.
Project updates from PuneMetro to Reach3 Civil Court-Ramwadi:
- Segment erection is in progress at DP Road, Kalyani Nagar.
- Erection of Pier arms are in progress at Pune Railway Station & Ruby Hall Clinic Metro stations.
- Span is completed by steel girder at Dhole Patil Chowk.
Source: Pune Metro-Press Release