Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) has invited tenders for Consultancy services for carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Preparation of Environmental Mitigation Plan (EMP) for North-South corridor of Pune Metro Rail Project, Phase-1 Extension (PCMC to Nigdi and Swargate to Katraj).
- Tender Reference Number: P1A-Consul-01/2023
- Name of Work: Consultancy services for carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Preparation of Environmental Mitigation Plan (EMP) for North-South corridor of Pune Metro Rail Project, Phase-1 Extension (PCMC to Nigdi and Swargate to Katraj.
- EMD: INR 5,650/-
- Completion Period: 02 Months
- Document Download Start Date: 06th Oct, 2023
- Document Download End Date: 27th Oct, 2023
- Pre-bid Meeting: 12th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th Oct, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 27th Oct, 2023
Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. is a joint venture company of Govt. of India (GoI) and Government of Maharashtra (GoM) established under the companies act 2013 for the purpose of implementation of the project within Maharashtra excluding Mumbai metropolitan area.
Systra has carried out the investigation and studies for Pune Metro Rail Project (PCMC to Nigdi & Swargate to Katraj) (North – Southward Extension of Corridor-1 of Phase 1) and prepared a Detailed Project Report (DPR) in August 2021 & December 2021 respectively based on which the project is proposed to be implemented.
With a view of developing effective and efficient mass transit system towards improving the share of public transport trips, the Government of Maharashtra conceived and implemented Metro rail system covering 33.5 km in Phase 1, Corridor 1 (North South corridor) of which covers 17.8 km, with an extension of 4.413 km as part of Phase-1A in the north and further extension of 5.464 km in the south. There is a need for extension of Phase 1 in order to meet the future traffic demand. Nationally and globally it is seen that the metro network expands progressively to serve the entire City.
Salient Features of the Project Corridors:
- Gauge – 1435 mm
- Corridor & Route Length
- Number of Stations
|Total Length (Km)
|PCMC To Nigdi
Swargate To Katraj
|PCMC To Nigdi
Swargate To Katraj
The Tender is for Appointment of Consultant for Carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Preparation of Environmental Mitigation Plan (EMP) for PCMC TO Nigdi (Extension of North South corridor of Phase -1) of Pune Metro Rail Project having route length of 4.413 Km and 03 stations and Swargate To Katraj of Pune Metro Rail Project having route length of 5.464 Km and 03 station.
The specific objectives of this EIA studies, include but are not limited to, anticipate and appraise any foreseeable impact a project may have on the environment and to identify and prevent any negative impact, or limit it to a tolerable level and (provided that the negative impact is inevitable but still tolerable) introduce compensation measures
In addition, the assessments should identify, monitor and manage any residual risks. They are also intended to raise awareness of development approaches that are ecologically sustainable.
Scope of Work:
EIA and EMP shall be undertaken in accordance with the Environmental Framework/Environmental Assessment Policy of the International Funding Agency like European Investment Bank (EIB) / Multilateral Funding Agency.
Review of National, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements on environmental aspects and available standards besides requirements of Funding Agencies like EIB / Multilateral Funding Agency.
Description on all applicable laws and regulations for the project. Description of necessary approvals/consent requirement from the regulatory authorities,
An environmental screening and categorization framework as per EIB / Multilateral Funding Agency criteria & Preparation of the Checklist for Project Categorization of the proposed project to identify the environmental analysis and planning aspects of the project,
Identification of hot spots like involvement of forests, roads, rail crossing, bridges, rivers, nallahs, bore wells, surface drainage, and archaeological/historical/religious structures. Also, Habitat analysis in the ecological baseline assessment- defining natural, modified and critical habitat, any presence of avifauna parks or biodiversity zones,
Study and summarise the existing condition of surface and subsurface water flow condition within the project area (From the secondary authenticated published data)
Earmarking the project Location throughout the city and assessment with respect to environmentally sensitive areas, and community concerns,
Inventory survey of Sensitive Receptors such as schools, hospitals, religious places within 100 m from central line of the proposed metro rail corridor will be identified using latest satellite images, field survey and interviews with residents,
- Assessment of existing land use pattern and study the possible impacts of the project on land use pattern,
- Description of alternatives considered from the relevant point of views (e.g. route, land use, technical aspects, environmental & social aspects),
Establish the baseline status of the study area with reference to the air, noise & vibration, water quality, soil quality, solid waste, protected areas, physical environment (e.g. hydrology), biological and social aspects along the section. Also, Habitat analysis in the ecological baseline assessment- defining natural, modified and critical habitat, any presence of avifauna parks or biodiversity zones,
- Air & Noise quality monitoring shall be conducted at all proposed metro stations, casting yard and depots location to generate the data for baseline scenario,
- Justification must be given for selection of locations for assessment of baseline,
- Impacts to be identified for pre-construction (Location/design stage), construction phase and operation phase for the proposed Metro Rail project,
Detailed Ecological and Biodiversity Impact Assessment and suggesting mitigation plan. Ecological study (details inventory chainage/ station wise of number of trees to be cut with diameter, height & species.). Also, Habitat analysis in the ecological baseline assessment- defining natural, modified and critical habitat, any presence of avifauna parks or biodiversity zones,
Consultant shall propose the soil disposal plan for the construction phase of the project. Also, the consultant shall propose the areas in or outside the cities where soil could be re-used or disposed of.
Consultant shall propose the C&D Waste disposal plan for the construction phase of the project. Also, the consultant shall propose the areas in or outside the cities where C&D could be re-used or disposed of.
Consultant shall assess in principle impact of project construction and operation specifically w.r.t. air, noise and vibration and shall identify the sensitive receptors for these impacts.
Noise Study: Mapping and modelling of noise resulting from ambient noise and noise due to operation of Metro rail system shall be carried out using the international standard software for rail noise mapping.
The Noise mapping shall be carried on the GIS platform showing the noise contours. Prediction of noise at these locations due to train operation shall be made for 30 years with an interval of 3 years.
- The outputs of measurement and prediction shall be submitted in the form of noise contours for about 250 metres along the proposed metro rail route.
- Consultant shall propose the mitigation measures for attenuating noise levels below the statutory standards/baseline (whichever is higher) during the operation phase of metro rail.
Vibration Measurement: Existing vibration measurement (24 hr. monitoring) at sensitive receptors, structures close to the alignment & Archaeological importance structures and vibration prediction at the same sites during construction and operation of metro rail. The vibration mapping shall be carried on the GIS platform showing the vibration contours,
- The consultant shall justify the selection of location and methodology for conducting the vibration monitoring,
- Consultation and review with affected sensitive receptors (Major Hospitals, Commercial and Non-Commercial Building) along the corridor due to Noise & Vibration.
Identification of water body directly or indirectly affected, impact on water quality in the identified rivers/canals/creeks and supplementing the collection of existing and published data on water quality,
Identification of major impacts due to Air, Noise & Vibration on Archaeological/ historical/ cultural/ religious structures, sensitive receptors. Assessment of likely impact on, water quality (Surface & Ground), ecological, muck/ soil, seepage water, land subsidence and waste. Assessment of impact due to labour camps, Batching Plant, Casting Yard and depots.
Suggest suitable measures separately for mitigating the impact of noise and vibration in surrounding environment and habituated area that is likely to be generated during construction and from operation of metro train;
Consultant shall report socio-economic data on demography, social status, local economy, local culture & custom and land details in the report for the project location. (Such data may be collated from secondary authentic sources).
- Project specific Risk and Hazardous management studies & suggesting construction Workers management plan (Occupational health and safety),
- Analysis of natural hazards and climate disasters in the region, vulnerability profile and also various adaptation measures considered in the project design,
Preparing and suggesting project specific Grievance Redressal Mechanism (GRM) Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Environmental Management Action Plan (EMAP) duly following MoEF & CC/ EIB / Multilateral Funding Agency guidelines for environmental sustainability, including budget for implementation,
- Consultant shall undertake a capacity development training program for stakeholders Viz. Client, GC, Contractor, Subcontractor etc. responsible for implementation of proposed EMP.
- EMP shall be prepared in such a manner that these are amenable to incorporation in the bidding/contract documents.
- EMP shall list all mandatory Government Clearance conditions and procedure for procuring clearances.
EMP shall suggest mitigation measures, management & monitoring plan for all the significant impacts assessed for the project during design, construction & operation phases of the project.
EMP shall include the organisation structure for implementation of EMP with specific responsibilities for contractors, general consultants and project proponents during design, construction and operation phases of the project,
Preparation of sub-EMP plans Like Air Quality, Water and wastewater quality Management Plan, Traffic Management plan during construction phase, Labor camp management pan, Solid waste and Hazardous waste management Plan,
Preparation of Environment Assessment Review Framework (EARF) as per EIB / Multilateral Funding Agency,
Preparation of Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMoP) based on analysis of collected data, impacts, mitigation strategy, EMoP will be finalised incorporating feedback from local residents participated in Public Consultation Meetings, Preparation of Environmental Monitoring Forms based on EMP and EMoP,
Identification of Institutional needs to implement environmental assessment recommendations, (review the authority and capability of institutions and recommend steps to strengthen or expand them so that the management and monitoring plans in the environmental assessment can be implemented.),
- Organising / Conducting project level Public Consultation in obtaining the views of affected groups as part of EIA report,
- Carbon Credit study with explore opportunities for claiming Carbon Credits against this project including methodologies and documentation,
- Content of the EIA report should be as per the EIB / Multilateral Funding Agency policy,
The Consultant will prepare a plan for in-country disclosure, specifying the timing and locations; translate the key documents, such as the Environmental Assessment Summary in local language for disclosure. The Consultant shall prepare a non-technical EA Summary Report for public disclosure.
The tenderer must have accreditation from QCI-NABET in the Project Sector at Sr. No. 34 (Category-A) i.e., Highways as per the list published by QCI in the latest revision. Bidder shall submit the Proof of valid accreditation as said above along with the technical bid submissions.
The bidder must have carried out at-least 2 comprehensive EIA Study for Metro Rail Project funded by International Funding Agencies (IFIs) and shall have inhouse laboratory for baseline monitoring.
Bidder shall submit the copy of the Performance Certificate issued by the Employer as proof of completion of comprehensive EIA Study for Metro Rail Project funded by International Funding Agencies or Comprehensive EIA study for Railways, Highways or MRTS under Central Government/ State Government / PSU/ Urban Local Bodies/ Companies listed in stock exchanges of India (BSE and/or NSE only).
Bidder must have *Similar work experience during last 10 years’ period (ending the last day of the month previous to which the bids are invited i.e. last date of online bid submission) and should be either of the following:
- The Bidder must have received not less than Rs. 4.50 Lakhs from 1 (One) Contract towards the comprehensive EIA Study for Metro Rail Project funded by International Funding Agencies, or
- The Bidder must have received not less than Rs. 2.81 Lakhs each from 2 (Two)Contracts towards the *Similar work. Out of these Two Contracts, at least 1 (one) must be a comprehensive EIA Study for Metro Rail Project funded by International Funding Agencies, or
- The Bidder must have received not less than Rs. 2.25 Lakhs each from 3 (Three) Contracts towards the *Similar work. Out of these Three Contracts at least 1 (one) must be a comprehensive EIA Study for Metro Rail Project funded by International Funding Agencies.
The bidders will be qualified only if their Average Annual Turnover for last three (03) audited financial years (FY 2022-23, FY 2021-22, FY 2020-21) is not less than Rs. 67.63 Lakhs (Summary of annual turnover & balance Sheets Certified by CA with UDIN to be enclosed).
MAHA-Metro (Nagpur) E- tender portal under section in e- tenders. https://mahametrorail.etenders.in
Source: Pune Metro- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Pune Metro