In a significant move, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) has invited a Request for Design and construction of elevated viaduct of length 4.519 Kms from CH: (-)1079.899m to CH: (-)5599.298m between PCMC and NIGDI (Bhakti Shakti) on the North-South Corridor of Pune Metro Rail Project- Reach-1, Extension.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of the Work: Design and construction of elevated viaduct of length 4.519 Kms from CH: (-)1079.899m to CH: (-)5599.298m between PCMC and NIGDI (Bhakti Shakti) on the North-South Corridor of Pune Metro Rail Project- Reach-1, Extension.
The Tender Number is (P1A-C-01/2023) for the above work. The EMD amount is INR 1.74 Crores and the Completion Period for this tender is 130 Weeks.
Prospective bidders can download the tender document starting from 16th December, 2023 and submissions are open from 16th December, 2023, the Pre-bid Meeting is on 09th January, 2024, the last date for the submission is 22nd January, 2024 and the same will open on 22nd January, 2024.
Scope of Works:
Design and Construction of Viaduct and structural works of stations between Mother Teresa Flyover to Bhakti Shakti including viaduct in station portions. The start and end chainages of the alignment are (-) 1079.899 m and (-) 5599.298 m respectively. The total length of the viaduct is 4519 metres. GAD enclosed with the bid/tender documents may be referred. Salient details of GAD are given below:
- The elevated Section of (Reach-1 Extension) starts from Chainage (-) 1079.899 m (represented by pier No 397) and ends at (-) 5599.298 m. However, Pier and Pier Cap at beginning chainage of the section will not be a part of scope of works defined in this contract.
- The Design and Build Contractor has to design the Viaduct ensuring a minimum statutory vertical clearance of 5.5 metres to the Metro structure above the existing road level. Sectional elevation of the typical elevated viaduct drawing enclosed with the tender/bid documents shall be referred for the same. The Contractor shall verify the Road level/Ground level provided in the GAD with the actual levels at Site.
- Whole length of the viaduct has to be designed for double line standard gauge track as shown in the GAD. System is planned with end evacuation and 25 KV AC OHE traction. The tenderer/bidder will have to use a Segmental Box girder integrated with the parapet. Some spans will have to be designed to accommodate the crossover’s with Deck continuity. (Approximate locations if any are shown in the GAD for reference).
Detailed Survey of the alignment for viaduct (including station locations), soil investigation at every pier location, utility checking, fixing an optimised span configuration as per contractor’s design subject to the obligatory requirements as shown in the GAD.
Design & Construction of Open/Raft/Footing/Pile foundations including pile cap, pier, portal pier (wherever applicable), pier protection crash barrier, pier cap (normal, cantilever, extended as applicable), portal beam, bearing pedestals, bearings, shear keys, seismic arresters, hold down devices if required etc. complete.
Design & Construction of Pile foundations including pile cap, pier, pier cap, pier arms for Concourse and Platform Level, Superstructure (same as that followed in viaduct), bearing pedestals, bearings, shear keys, seismic arresters (if required), hold down devices if required etc. complete in the station limits along the viaduct portion.
Parapet wall on the platform pier arm in line with the segment parapet is also included in the lump sum price. Platform pier arm top in expansion joint area of viaduct shall be matched with expansion joint plinth top.
The span configuration may vary slightly based on site constraints. Typical elevated station shall have pier arms at both track/platform and Concourse level. Track/Platform level pier arms shall accommodate the platform level girders with deck slab, (platform including circulating area, station roof, connecting bridges with roofs, etc.) and other subsequent finishes. Concourse level pier arms shall accommodate the Concourse level girder with concourse level slab and finishes etc.
Design & Construction of superstructure of standard spans, non-standard spans/ (obligatory) spans, spans supporting special track layouts if required. Superstructure spans to be constructed by segmental construction methods. It may be noted that alignment may contain certain special spans. No extra shall be paid for the construction of these spans.
Alignment is crossing Mother Teresa Flyover, Bhakti Shakti chowk (GAD may be referred) also the Alignment is passing along the Bhagwan Mahavir chowk, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj chowk, Khandoba chowk, New proposed PCMC pedestrian pathway and Nigdi Flyover, where there are necessity of Obligatory Spans.
Bidder is requested to quote the price against lump sum Schedule considering the necessary/requisite arrangement as per the site conditions. Nothing extra shall be paid in the construction of foundation, substructure and superstructure of the obligatory spans.
GAD furnished to the contractor as a part of the tender/bid documents contains tentative span configuration proposed by the Employer. However, the contractor shall put forward his proposed span configuration. Engineers shall review and approve the same in consultation with Maha Metro. Indicative spans are 19m, 22m, 25m, 28m, 31m.
Standard span configuration of 28m or 31m shall be adopted where the alignment is either straight or radius of horizontal curvature is 700m and above. Suitable span configuration of 19m, 22m, 25m shall be adopted if the radius of horizontal curvature in alignment is sharper than 700m. At locations where there are site constraints, the span length can be 34m.
Segmental box girder construction for a span length beyond 34m shall be permitted only in exceptional cases by the Engineer duly in consultation with Maha Metro. If the radius of horizontal curvature in the alignment is 150 m or sharper, then top width of deck slab in superstructure of viaduct shall be ensured as per the guidelines issued with tender documents at Appendix 20.
For spans supporting special track layout (Crossover’s) I – Girder with deck slab may be permitted. Indicative spans may be followed for standard units as far as possible. However, in case of obligatory span and sharper curves, Steel Composite I-Girders may be resorted to with Maha Metro’s approval at no extra cost.
Bidders have to make sure that while submitting their proposal and superstructure design, the rail levels as envisaged in GAD shall be final. However, in case of any unforeseen circumstances resulting in change of rail level, variation in the range of ±500mm from rail level provided in the GAD enclosed with the bid/tender drawings is deemed to be included in the lump sum portion of contract.
Variation beyond this range shall be paid or deducted as the case may be. Only the increase/decrease in height of pier(s) (i.e., concrete and steel quantity) will be considered for either payment or rebate in this case. Difference between actual executed Rail levels and Rail levels as furnished in the GAD at each Pier location shall be considered to evaluate any variation arising on account of change in Rail level.
- Purely Steel Structures shall not be allowed. However, in obligatory locations, composite structures may be permitted with prior approval of Maha Metro.
- GAD enclosed with this RFP shall also contain the tentative span configuration. Contractor is permitted to make amends to the span configuration based on site constraints or utilities subject to the approval of the Engineer.
- Pile foundations with socketing in any type of rock as per the design/codal requirements. However, minimum length of pile as approved by the Engineer (complying with the design/codal requirements) shall be provided in any case.
- If at any location, permanent liners are required for piling, then the same is inclusive in lump sum quoted price. Pile caps / Open Foundations resting at any depth depending upon the site condition shall include excavation, levelling course, PCC, dewatering, sheet piling/soldier piling & wooden lagging, if required, backfilling with sand complete in all respects.
- In case rigid pavement (Cement Concrete Road) is encountered along the alignment, cutting of the same for foundation works and restoring shall be taken up by suitable means as directed by Engineer so as not to disturb/weaken the surrounding pavement.
- Casting yards required a number of straight and curvature beds for casting of Viaduct segments, Station girders and station precast deck slabs.
The payment shall be included in the lump sum price:
Placing precast girders in position on the piers by suspended type or underslung type launching system. Nothing extra will be payable for cast in-situ spans and no deductions will be made either. Stray current corrosion prevention measures (including extra rebars in various RCC/PSC structural members) to be applicable for earthing only.
Elastomeric (Horizontal) bearings for all spans based on detailed design. Vertical elastomeric bearings wrapping the seismic strainer with all necessary accessories as per approved design and scheme. RCC Pedestals with necessary inserts (hot dipped galvanised bolts) in the superstructure of viaduct to support OHE masts. Layout Plan for the OHE masts will be made available during execution (Appendix: 21).
Thickening of parapet for OHE masts as required by OHE layout plan (LOP) shall be implemented. However, the bidder should consider one additional pedestal (on both parapets at mid span) in every span in addition to the pier segment at both ends in his quoted price. POT/PTFE/Spherical bearings (based on detailed design) for any span (if required) including seismic arresters.
- Design, Supply and Installation of Powder Coated MS hand railing over parapet of the Viaduct as per tender drawing. Integrated parapet shall be provided with logo design approved by Maha Metro.
- Height of the parapet integrated with track supporting structure in normal viaduct shall be 700 mm from the superstructure deck top level.
- However, Height of parapet integrated with track supporting structure in station premises shall be 1100 mm from superstructure deck top level.
- Crash Barrier for piers, portal legs etc. in viaduct (including piers in stations limits) as per tender drawing.
- Inserts/shear connectors/starter bars for Track plinth is within the lump sum scope of this contract. (Track plinth is not in the Scope of this work).
- In case the starter bars are not required to be provided, recovery for the same shall be made as per the rate of TMT reinforcement prevailing in schedule A of BoQ.
- Drawing showing the details of Shear Connectors for track plinth is enclosed with tender/bid documents as Appendix 22.
- Expansion joints in the track supporting superstructure including station locations along the viaduct as per relevant specifications.
The slope concrete required (to cater to the wheel chair movement during emergency evacuation) at Expansion joint location, around the Manhole covers etc. shall be included in the lump sum quoted price. Nothing extra shall be paid.
Manholes with manhole covers (one per span) made of Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP) on the deck of superstructure with locking arrangement as per attached tender drawing and relevant technical specification.
Earthing arrangement, inserts for signalling masts in the parapets and total 11 nos. Signalling post base needs to be considered. However, over and above will be paid, other systems may be required. Layout Plan for the Signalling masts will be made available during execution (Appendix: 23).
Drainage system shall comprise of provision of hot dipped galvanised drainage spouts in alternate segments of every superstructure span and the subsequent piping network in UPVC including the hanging supports and fixtures, travelling up to the corrugated HDPE pipe in Pier/Pier cap/Pier arm.
- Drainage arrangements will be from inside the pier. Protection of drainage spouts during track work is the responsibility of the viaduct contractor.
- Drainage spouts shall be suitably placed at crossover locations. Piers including cantilever pier caps, Portal piers and Portal beams.
- Shape and appearance of Piers shall be as decided by Maha Metro from aesthetic point of view. Size shall be as per design requirement.
- Maximum eccentricity of alignment centre line from the centre line of the pier shall be limited to 2.5 m.
- Providing cut-outs in the viaduct required for services in coordination with various system contractors.
- Providing Maha Metro logo on the outer face of the parapet as per the tender drawings.
- Providing & fixing of MS staircases (complete in all respects along with railing) for approaching the viaduct track bed from station platforms at both ends for up & down lines constitute a part of the lump sum quoted price.
- The pier segment’s parapet of approach span shall be casted for 50% width only in order to avoid cutting of parapet during above staircase fixing.
Epoxy painting as per RDSO guidelines for ‘Durability of concrete structures’ relevant technical specifications for all the exposed surfaces of RCC and PSC members of viaduct including the station locations along the viaduct namely piers, pier caps, portal piers, portal beams, pier arms (station location), Girders & Deck slabs at Concourse, platform and PD level, bearing pedestals, superstructure (soffit and sides only), outer face of parapet. Deck top of the superstructure and inner face and top of parapet excluded. The pattern of painting has to be done as per approved scheme of Maha Metro.
- For all spans, the design is to be done by contractor and shall be approved by Maha Metro. An experienced designer in the field of Elevated Metro Viaduct and Station works, shall be engaged by the contractor with due approval of Maha Metro.
- The design of bearings, shear keys of seismic arresters, hold down devices if required shall also be done by the contractor, which shall be approved by Maha Metro. Approval of Maha Metro will be after proof checking by the proof checking agency appointed by Maha Metro.
Shifting of utilities (either underground or overhead) ranging from water pipeline, sewer line, electrical, signalling, telecom cables etc. (Excluding HT lines) will be the responsibility of Civil contractors and charges for the same shall be paid separately as per relevant Schedule of BoQ (Schedule C). Maha Metro shall provide all necessary assistance in liaison with the utility owning agency. NOC & Approval of schemes of diversion of utilities from the concerned regulatory/statutory/local authority is the responsibility of the contractor.
Utilities may be verified by the bidder physically at site. The bidder should ensure that no foundation of the pier is located throughout the length in such locations. If at all, the bidder is required to take up diversion of utilities, payment towards the same shall be made as per Schedule C of BOQ.
Demolition/dismantling of RCC framed /steel structures/buildings, masonry buildings including basement, ground and above floors as existing at site on the alignment of viaduct as indicated in GAD without making damages to the adjacent structures, utilities, etc. including disposing off retrieved materials out of site of work.
Demolition /dismantling of road, footpath, kerb stone, central verge, boundary wall, etc. Tenderer must visit the site and ascertain actual magnitude of quantum of work involved for footpaths, kerb stone, central verge, boundary wall, etc. and nothing shall be payable on this account.
Retrieved materials obtained from demolition/dismantling shall be disposed of with due consultation of Local Authorities/Concerned Agencies. Acquiring and evacuation of the properties will be done by the concerned authorities.
Restoration and reinstatement of damaged/removed structures after completion of work is in the lump sum scope of contractor also the removal of existing BRTS railings & BRTS bus stops (if required) shall be done by viaduct contractor. After completion of work the same has to be reinstated with new materials/old materials (if usable). No extra shall be payable on this account.
The contractor has to get necessary permission/ NOC from the Railway, PWD, NMC, NHAI, Police, Traffic Police and other concerned regulatory authorities for blocking services and working in such locations. Maha Metro will only assist the contractor (e.g. Issuance of letter to concerned departments) for getting the permission from concerned regulatory authorities for working in such locations.
Dumping site approved by the Engineer, irrespective of lead and lift (ascent/descents). All debris that includes concrete blocks, pile heads bricks etc may have to be disposed of by the contractor at nominated places(to be identified by contractor in consultation with local civic bodies) including all lead and lift.
- However, Maha-Metro’s preferred choice is that contractors convert them into usable tiles/bricks so as to ensure that the dumping of such unwanted materials does not harm flora and fauna.
- Rain water harvesting with ground water recharging in alternate span to cater the discharge from all piers as per attached tender drawing is included in lump sum cost.
- Emergency evacuation path marking shall be provided to facilitate passengers to streamline the emergency evacuation process.
- Walkway/step to be provided beside the derailment guard of both up and down track on either end of the station in between the track access gate. No extra payment shall be given for the same.
Minimum average annual turnover of INR 277.60 Crore within the last 5 (five) years.
- Last five years shall be (FY 2018-19, 19-20, 20-21, 21-22 & 22-23). In case of Companies, which follow the Financial Year as Calendar Year (January to December), data for 2021 shall be treated equivalent to the data of FY 2021-22 and so on.
- Statutory Auditors certified summary sheet of audited balance sheet need to be enclosed with bid. The certificate must be with UDIN. Copies of audited balance sheets also need to be submitted along with the bid.
Sale of document, e-payment procedure, submission and other details are available on MAHA-Metro (Nagpur) E- tender portal under section in e- tenders. https://mahametrorail.etenders.in
Source: Pune Metro- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Pune Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.