Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) has invited tenders for Facility Management Services (FMS) for 16 Stations, Hill View Park Car Depot and 18 Trainsets of Line-2 (Vanaz-Ramwadi) of Pune Metro Rail Project for providing the following: (a) Mechanised Housekeeping, Cleaning Services (b) Ticketing (TOM/EFO) Services (c) Security Services for the period of 03 (Three) years.
- Tender Reference Number: P1-O&M-07/2023
- Name of Work: Facility Management Services (FMS) for 16 Stations, Hill View Park Car Depot and 18 Trainsets of Line-2 (Vanaz-Ramwadi) of Pune Metro Rail Project for providing the following: (a) Mechanised Housekeeping, Cleaning Services (b) Ticketing (TOM/EFO) Services (c) Security Services for the period of 03 (Three) years.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 52.18 Crores
- EMD: INR 26,08,998/-
- Completion Period: 03 Years
- Document Download Start Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Document Download End Date: 06th Dec, 2023
- Pre-bid Meeting: 24th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 06th Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 06th Dec, 2023
Scope of Works:
- The Contractor shall provide the Cleaning & Mechanised Housekeeping Services at 14 Metro Stations in the manner prescribed in this document.
- Maha-Metro shall have the right to have any person removed who is considered to be undesirable or otherwise.
- The Contractor shall perform the Housekeeping Services at 14 Metro Stations of Pune Metro Rail Project Line-2 as per scope of work mentioned in this Tender.
- The Contractor shall perform housekeeping services as per the prescribed procedure approved by Maha-Metro from time to time.
- The Contractor’s maintenance personnel shall independently be capable of executing and supervising the cleaning & housekeeping services.
- Maha-Metro is preparing for ISO 9001, 45000 & 14001 certification to all its O&M services. The Contractor shall follow the best industrial practice in order to achieve the certification.
- Any instructions in this regard by Maha-Metro shall be duly followed & strictly complied with by the Contractor and its personnel.
- The Contractor shall ensure that his/its personnel are always well-behaved and they do not involve in eve teasing and do not cause sexual harassment of women anywhere. They shall be punishable under various provisions of The Sexual Harassment of Women at Work place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 (14 of 2013) and applicable provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
- The Contractor shall post a dedicated Project Manager / Leader for this Contract who will be the single point of contact for all contractual obligations.
- The Contractor shall conduct an interview of staff to assess their suitability. Contractor needs to submit bio data of suitable staff to Maha-Metro and prior approval of each staff must be taken by Maha-Metro before deployment in the appropriate field. Only those staff found fit should be deployed.
- The Contractor shall prepare detailed date-wise, shift-wise, location-wise, and name wise list/roster of personnel who are deputed to perform each function as stated above.
- Contractor shall provide dedicated training (both Hard Skill & Soft Skill) to each staff (TOM/EFO, Housekeeping, Security guards) before deployment related to its job profile from a reputed training centre. Such training centres should have relevant field/service categories for which services are sought in this tender.
- Training centres being operated must be sanctioned under GOI /State Govt. for relevant field/service categories. Relevant valid documents of Govt. approval needs to be submitted. The Training period of staff /Supervisor shall not be lower than 7 days.
- Contractor shall ensure the mannerly conduct of staff and no staff will participate in any anti-social activities or strikes in metro premises. Any such conduct may attract a penalty as mentioned in para 30.
- It is desirable that the staff should be fluent in speaking Marathi, Hindi and English. The staff shall always maintain high decorum to keep up the standards of Pune Metro. Their level of integrity shall be beyond suspicion.
- Contractor shall provide two sets of uniforms for all staff. Uniform design, fabric quality, specification, SOP etc., it Will be provided by Maha-Metro. To maintain the high standard of uniform, a competent agency shall be hired by a contractor. Prior approval of the agency must be taken by Maha-Metro. Any lapses in design, specification, cloth quality etc. will attract the suitable penalty as mentioned in para 30.
- In pandemic situations like COVID etc., it is the responsibility of the contractor to provide necessary protective gear from time to time like Face mask, Face shields, hand gloves, sanitizers, vaccination etc. to deployed FMS staff at sites. Otherwise, a suitable penalty shall be imposed as per contractual provisions.
- If required, the Contractor may provide one proper seating arrangement on line to its Supervisors/Team leaders/Project Manager / Leaders for documentation work only.
- These seating arrangements should be in an aesthetic manner aligned with station architecture. I-card as approved by Maha-Metro shall be provided to all the staff while on duty.
Things to do:
- In case of fire/anything unusual on OHE equipment or wires, inform the Employer’s nominated staff/executives/control.
- Extinguish fire by available fire extinguishers.
- Ensure no water jet is directed at the fire under any circumstances.
- Before taking up the work 2 metres near to OHE, the OHE should be switched off and earthed on both sides.
- Keep clear of the track.
- Special care should be taken while carrying long pipes, poles or ladders through tracks so that it should not come within 2 metres of OHE.
- Cases of electric shock arising out of contact traction should be reported to the Employer’s staff/executives/control.
- The staff should wear proper PPE when and as required.
- Staff shall adopt the necessary safety procedures made by the Employer to avoid any type of accidents/incident to staff and material.
- Cleaning work other than that of surface (i.e. of beam, pillars etc.) should be done during block period availing power block only.
- Whenever washing or cleaning using water jets is done, ensure the appropriate power block.
- Staff shall adopt the necessary safety procedures made by Maha-Metro to avoid any type of accidents/incidents to staff and material.
- The service provider shall display necessary signage approved by Maha-Metro.
- The staff should not allow any person to enter an unauthorised area without proper authorization from the Employer.
- Report any unusual occurrence in their vicinity to the Maha-Metro staff.
- To stop/start escalator/lifts in emergency & to help/evacuate commuters stuck up in escalators/lifts & during need.
- Any other work assigned by Maha-Metro.
The Contractor shall maintain ecological balance by preventing deforestation, water pollution and defacing of natural landscape. The Contractor shall, so conduct his cleaning operations, as to prevent any avoidable destruction, scarring or defacing of natural surroundings in the vicinity of work. In respect of ecological balance, the Contractor shall observe the following instructions.
Where destruction, scarring, damage or defacing may occur as a result of operations relating to cleaning activities, the same shall be repaired, replanted or otherwise corrected at Contractor’s expense. All work areas shall be smoothened and graded in a manner to confirm the natural appearance of the landscape as directed by the Engineer.
All trees and shrubbery, which are not specifically required to be cleared or removed for cleaning purposes, shall be preserved and shall be protected from any damage that may be caused by Contractor’s cleaning operations and equipment. The removal of trees or shrubs will be permitted only after prior approval by the in charge.
Trees shall not be used for anchorage. The Contractor shall be responsible for injuries to trees and shrubs caused by his operations. The term “injury” shall include, without limitation, bruising, scarring, tearing and breaking of roots, trunks or branches. All injured trees and shrubs shall be restored as nearly as practicable, without delay, to their original condition at Contractor’s expenses.
In the conduct of cleaning activities and operation of equipment, the Contractor shall utilize such practicable methods and devices as are reasonably available to control, prevent and otherwise minimise air/noise pollution.
Separate payment shall not be made for complying with provisions of this clause and all cost shall be deemed to have been included in the price in the Bill of Quantities. Contractor shall use Environmental friendly chemical / detergents / reagents. For the purpose of Cleaning & housekeeping to the extent possible.
Contractor shall submit Material safety data sheets & shall follow the instructions written in material safety data sheets. The handling & Storage of materials shall also be done as per materials safety data sheets.
Stations and Depot Details:
Civil Court (EL)
Pune Railway Station
Ruby Hall Clinic
The Bidder will be qualified only if their Average Annual Turnover of Last 03 (Three) Audited Financial Years (FY 2022-23, FY 2021-22, FY 2020-21) is not less than INR 15.65 Crores.
Bidder should have Similar work experience during Last 03 (Three) Years (the 03 Year period shall end on the Base Date i.e. 28 days prior to the Last date of Bid Submission) and should be either of the following:
- The Bidder must have claimed payment for satisfactorily Executed Works amounting to not less than 80% of Estimated Cost i.e. INR 41.74 Crores towards Similar Works under One Contract, or
- The Bidder must have claimed payment for satisfactorily Executed Works amounting to not less than 50% of Estimated Cost i.e. INR 26.09 Crores each towards Similar Works under Two Contracts. Each of these two contracts must have at least one of the required services and must satisfy all three services collectively, or
- The Bidder must have claimed payment for satisfactorily Executed Works amounting to not less than 40% of Estimated Cost i.e. INR 20.87 Crores each towards Similar Works under Three Contracts. Each of these three contracts must have at least one of the required services and must satisfy all three services collectively.
MAHA-Metro (Nagpur) E- tender portal under section in e- tenders. https://mahametrorail.etenders.in
Source: Pune Metro- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Pune Metro