Pune Metro Line-3 construction work connecting the IT hub of Hinjewadi with the central business district of Shivajinagar is going on in full swing, recently it has achieved the milestone as the 5000th segment have been completed.
- The work of Pune Metro Line-3 connecting the IT hub of Hinjewadi with the central business district of Shivajinagar has picked up at a notable pace. The works in various phases can be seen progressing at a steady pace; as a result, the casting of the 5000th segment of the Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar metro line was completed.
- It is worth mentioning that after the 2000th segment cast at Hinjewadi on 24th April 2022, the developers have managed to complete an additional 3000 segments within just seven months.
- The work of Pune Metro Line-3 on the Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar route has been undertaken by Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) on Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis and Tata Group has established Pune IT City Metro Rail Limited as a special purpose company (SPC) for its implementation.
Shri Alok Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer of Pune IT City Metro Rail Limited said “The Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar metro line aims to provide an easy, fast, and cheap public transport alternative to the citizens of Pune. The developers are working at full capacity to complete the work of this project within the scheduled time. As a result of this, after the casting of the first-ever segment, we have managed to achieve the milestone of the 5000th segment casting in just sixteen consecutive months; also the creation of 80% of total piers within one and half years of the commencement of work.”
About Pune Metro Line 3:
- The Pune Metro Line-3 is a ~23 Km elevated Metro rail project connecting the IT hub of Hinjewadi to the Central business district of Shivajinagar.
- It is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project awarded by the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) to a consortium consisting of Tata Group’s TRIL Urban Transport Private Limited (TUTPL) and Siemens Project Ventures GmbH.
- The Project would be developed & operated on a Design, build, finance, operate & transfer (DBFOT) basis by a special purpose vehicle (SPV), Pune IT City Metro Rail Limited or PITCMRL for a Concession Period of 35 years including the construction period.
Source: Pune Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Pune Metro
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.