- The construction of the Pune Metro Line-3 project has gained significant momentum. Recently, officials of PMRDA led by Shri Rahul Ranjan Mahiwal accompanied personnel of Pune Metro Line-3 for a review of activities planned for expeditious completion of the proposed double-decker flyover on Ganeshkhind road.
- During the visit, the plan for timely completion was discussed & directions were given to relevant teams for the next steps.
About Pune Metro Line-3:
- The Pune Metro Line-III is a ~23 Km elevated metro rail project connecting the IT hub of Hinjawadi to the Central business district of Shivajinagar.
- It is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project awarded by the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) to a consortium consisting of Tata Group’s TRIL Urban Transport Private Limited (TUTPL) and Siemens Project Ventures GmbH.
- The Project would be developed & operated on Design, build, finance, operate & transfer (DBFOT) basis by a special purpose vehicle (SPV), Pune IT City Metro Rail Limited (PITCMRL) for a Concession Period of 35 years including the construction period.
- PMRDA is dedicated towards creating a future that offers optimal living facilities for citizens and excellent economic opportunities for global investors. To achieve our paramount vision, our mission is to:
- Facilitate planned growth of infrastructure and public services.
- Enhance the ease of doing business for domestic and international investors.
- Develop a system of futuristic governance and market based economy.
- Drive green innovation with e-management and digital information dissemination.
- Generate sustainable employment and wealth creation opportunities for all.
- Integrate culture and heritage into the very ecosystem of PMR.
- Consistently promote a Higher Happiness Index in PMR.
Source: Pune Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Pune Metro